IPL Delhi Daredevils

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
logo.png

Discussion thread for Delhi Daredevils' 2013 IPL campaign.

Squad:

Indian Players

Virender Sehwag
Umesh Yadav
Ashish Nehra
Irfan Pathan
Unmukt Chand
Varun Aaron
Ajit Agarkar
Venugopal Rao
Yogesh Nagar
Arisht Singhvi
CM Gautam
Kedar Jadhav
Manpreet Juneja
Naman Ojha
Pawan Negi
Royston Dias
Siddharth Kaul
Sujit Nayak
Shahbaz Nadeem

Overseas Players

Mahela Jayawardene
David Warner
Gulam Bodi
Jeevan Mendis
Jesse Ryder
Johan Botha
Kevin Pietersen
Morne Morkel
Roelof van der Merwe

----------------

Owner: GMR Sports Pvt Ltd
Coach: Eric Simons
Venue: Feroz Shah Kotla
IPL Best: 2012 Playoffs, 2008, 2009 Semi-finalist

---------------

Official Website: Delhi Daredevils
Twitter Handle: @DelhiDaredevils
Facebook Page: Delhi Daredevils

306023_458155047586657_1327547262_n.jpg

----------

IPL 2013 News:

IPL news : Daredevils appoint Jeremy Snape as performance coach | Cricket News | Indian Premier League | ESPN Cricinfo

IPL news : CM Gautam joins Delhi Daredevils on a one-year deal | Cricket News | Indian Premier League | ESPN Cricinfo

IPL news : Delhi Daredevils swap Ross Taylor for Pune Warriors' Ashish Nehra | Cricket News | Indian Premier League | ESPN Cricinfo

IPL 2013 news : Mushtaq Ahmed set to join Delhi Daredevils for IPL 2013 | Cricket News | Indian Premier League | ESPN Cricinfo

Last edited:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
England Cricket News: Kevin Pietersen to miss Auckland Test, IPL with knee injury | ESPN Cricinfo

Kevin Pietersen will miss out on the IPL due to the knee injury. A big, very big blow for Delhi Daredevils.
But on the brighter side, we have the likes of Jesse Ryder, Johan Botha and Jeevan Mendis added in the team this year who can compensate for the loss of KP. I have great hopes from Botha tbh.

This is what TA Sekar, Delhi Daredevils' team mentor said:

"We have received a mail from the England and Wales Cricket Board informing us about KP?s knee injury and the decision to withdraw him from all cricket, including the IPL. It is unfortunate to lose a player of KP?s class and it is indeed a big blow. But we believe we have the combination of players to be competitive.

We have the explosive Jesse Ryder, the exciting Andre Russell, the crafty Johan Botha and the big-hitting Jeevan Mendis to draw from"

Original article here - Losing KP big blow but Daredevils has resources to be competitive: Sekar - Delhi Daredevils Official Website

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
I read that , that's a bummer . I think they'll play Jesse along side Virender for the opening 1 down maybe Mahela 2 should be Chand :) .

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Warner, Sehwag, Ryder, Chand/Mahela, Mahela/Chand looks good to me.
But all that only if Ryder plays. I personally wish to see Botha play most games.

So the 4 overseas players I prefer at the moment are Warner, Mahela, Botha and Morne Morkel. Taking nothing away from Ryder though. He is one of the most dangerous batsmen in the world in the T20 format.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
With out kp it will be difficult for dd to be in top 4.

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
Excuse Me!? Kevin Pietersen added 305 runs with a whooping average of 61 runs per match . In season 5 there was David Warner who was firing a bit alongside Virender & also some times Mahela .

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
In the previous season, Sehwag guided Delhi to the playoffs. He was mighty consistent and in superb form, that world record of 5 consecutive 50s in T20s was epic. And he was very well supported by KP. I guess KP was the only batsman who gave genuine support to Viru.

KP will be undoubtedly missed. It's a huge blow for us. I'm just hoping that Ryder and Botha come good for us.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I just heard that Dinesh Chandimal is replacing KP. Does anybody know if they had any other choice or just had to go with Chandimal?

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
Don't think there was anyone else . But not a good one , although he has lots of talent he's not cut out for t20 cricket . :)

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Don't think there was anyone else . But not a good one , although he has lots of talent he's not cut out for t20 cricket . :)

That's what I thought but I just found out that he is now the captain of Sri Lanka's T20 team.

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
*Vice . Malinga's injured or something I don't know . But he's like Sammy , doesn't play well often but captain's the side :) .

Users who are viewing this thread