Story Derbyshires County Season [C2005]

Who will be the player of the year

• Total voters
Worcestershire all out

Derbyshire require 17runs to win

A brilliant bowling spell here by gifted left arm finger spinner Steve Moore has left the Worcestershire innings in a crumbled heap, as Derbyshire look set to claim victory in there first game of the season. The only player to show any resistance to the Derbyshire attack was V.Solanki who fell to the superstar Moore anyway. We have Mike Atherton downstair talking with the man of the moment Steve Moore.

Mike Atherton:- Well first off congradulations on a splendid bowling performance Stevie.

Steve Moore:- Cheers mate, i think i had a bit of luck.

MA:- Jeez your a modest lad Stevie. What was running through your mind out there?

SM:- Well i was gett'n the ball to skid though a little late yesterday afternoon when i picked up Hickie and his mate, so i thought if u get a chance today i ll just try an bowler a few over spinners and the try and get the odd one to hit the rough patch and hope that it hold up on the batsmen a bit.........and well it seemed to work a treat and i was lucky.

MA:- I d hardly call it luck son, that was sheer class, i remember saying to Paris (Derbyshire physio) you'd think the lad was bowling hand grenades!!!

SM:- I dont know about hand grenades i just was lucky enough to land a few in the right spot.

MA:- Well you certainly did your self proud Stevie go enjoy a quite ale while the batsmen chase a poultry 17 runs.

SM: Thanks Mike.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 60
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 50
Molloy and Chance pick the runs off with ease

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 53
End of the Match

Derbyshire win by ten wickets

What a game of cricket we have had here, we have seen a caouple of great hundreds and a few lots of spectacular bowling to go with it. Derbyshire cam out clear winning here today, but the other big winner was english cricket. There is nothing better for this grand old game of cricket than to see the historic Derbyshire club back on the winner list.

In a new concept brought in this year, Derbyshire cricket club is going to offer the fans the chance to have there say on who they thought performed the best for there beloved team, So please pm your votes to rabbitoh rob. You will be able to vote up until the completion of the next Derbyshire match.

Below is an example of how to vote.

Derbyshire v Worcestershire
The offical sunkist player of the match points are as follows:-
ExpThChrg.jpg

3 points to S. Moore
2 points to S. Smith
1 point to N.Hemlani

this is based on everybodies votes :D

After everyone has voted i will announce the offical player points for the match. The person with the most votes after each match will receive some reputation from me. All man of the match points accumulate and will go towards naming to the Derbyshire cricketer of the year.

To keep track of the player points i will update the first post which will have the points, so go ahead and vote and keep an eye out on the first thread for the updated points.

Cheers everybody :cheers

Go Derbyshire

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Moore - 3
Smith - 2
hemlani - 1

Yippee, i top scored the 2nd innings.

Rob, have you given me any bowling abilities, i did write it earlier but you never replied. I wrote when i signed up that i bowl leg spin.

lawsy009 said:
Surely you can't be allowed to vote for yourself
Well I firmly believe that my 4 wickets in the first innings and 1 wicket in the second innings were firmly responsible for us winning :p

lawsy009 said:
Surely you can't be allowed to vote for yourself

im not involved in this anymore than being a reader but i thought the same thing! :clap very good point there

dannybecks said:
im not involved in this anymore than being a reader but i thought the same thing! :clap very good point there
By all means though please go ahead and vote.

Voting for player of the match (Derbyshire v Worcester) will close in 10 hrs.
As the next game will be posted.

Users who are viewing this thread