Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

Beat Dorset yesterday with Somerset by 10 wickets in a Challenge Trophy 1st round match.

Bowled em out for 175 and chased the score down in around 20 overs :D
Trescothick and Ed Smith batted very quickly and both made 80-90 odds :)

Never usually brag about any of my results but i'm particulary proud of this one;

England vs India, 2nd Test, Edgebaston 2007

Having lost the toss on what was a 'slightly dubious looking pitch' in Birmingham, it was a Rahul Dravid century which put India on top until Jimmy Anderson led the English fightback with 5 wickets but 89 from Sachin and a 91 from the youngster Rao ensured that India had a healthy first innings total of 434.

India First Innings

IndiaFirstInnings.jpg

Midway through the second day it came the time for me to bat and despite a 100 from Strauss and an assured 56 from Kevin Pietersen, England were still in danger of following on when Geraint Jones to the crease. A gutsy tail sheparding innings of 77 from the Kent wicket-keeper ensured that the follow-on wouldn't be avoided.

England First Innings

EnglandFirstInnings.jpg

The Indian top order came hard at the England bowling attack and they attacked their way to a lead of 415 thanks to some lusty hitting from Gautam Gambhir at the top of the order. Monty Panear picked up 2 wickets at vital periods to ensure that England improbable total didn't turn into an impossible one.

India Second Innings

IndiaSecondInnings.jpg

Rather insanely, instead of trying to bat the last couple of overs of day 4 out, I decided to attack the Indians to give them a taste of what was come tomorrow. In the 5 overs bowled, Trescothick and Strauss managed to take my total up to 23 without the fall of a wicket. Onto the last day and England needing just under 400 to win got off to the best possible start with a blistering opening stand of a 100 between the two openers but then Trescothick fell lbw to Munaf Patel. Shortly after reaching his century, Strauss departed and he was quickly followed by Kevin Pietersen; A wicket that would surley spell the end of England's chase. A brief cameo from Ian Bell was ended and England were in danger of losing let alone not-winning. Enter the big man Flintoff. He and Vaughan took the Indian bowlers to the cleaners and ended up reaching the victory target with just short of 10 overs to spare. Vaughan's magical 113* was his 21st in test matches and he's made a fantastic return from injury.

England Second Innings

EnglandSecondInnings.jpg

Final Scorecard

Overview.jpg

Lovely win there Evo :D

I might consider getting this game soon enough ;)

Just had a thriller with Derbyshire.
Batter friendly pitch.
Very overcast conditions.
Derbyshire (No. 3 in Div 2) vs. Gloucestshir (No. 9 in Div 2)
I lose the toss and have to bat.
Afridi and Hewson walk out.
I decided to follow Blazer's advice and keep Afridi 2 bars from full, but decide to let him bat out the first 5 overs sensibly, as with Hewson.
Hewson is the first to go, LBW in the fifth over to Jon Lewis for 2. 8/1. Afridi is on 5 on the other end.
Afridi then gets a boundary to get the score moving, but is out to an excellent catch by Gidman at short leg shortly afterwards as he tries to flick Kirby off his pads. 30/2.
Ford, a youth allrounder who had just come off creaming 70 off 59 balls and a good run in the T20 all at number 3, and Bassano, promoted up the order, are at the middle.
Ford goes for it, and creams Kirby all over, while Lewis keeps it tight from his end.
They brig up a fifty partnership and keep going, Ford now whacking Bressington for runs and Bassano going steady and getting a few shots in too. Greendige comes in after 3 overs from Bressington and gets some stick too, going for 26 in his first 3 overs.
how ever, he gets his revenge on the last ball of his third over, Ford out caught and bowled for a fantastic 54 off about 40 odd deliveries. The score is at 92/3 after like 23 overs or so.
North walks in, and another fantastic partnership builds. Greendige gets a lot of stick, banging it in short when he should be pitching it up. Bressington and Youth player Tim Cowe (RM) don't do much better, and this partnership goes brillaintly. Bassano opens up and North plays a few fine shots. However, after making his fifty, Bassano departs clean bowled by Cowe. Handling him till then was quite an achievement, at that point he had 7 scalps at 18 a piece and an economy rate of about 4.5. Gone for 54 as well, score is now 180/4. This is the 33rd over I think, and I promote Goddard up the order over Moss and France in order to give him some time in the middle and to get some quick runs. North launches into the bowling from this point and even flicks Greendige for a massive six. Goddard slaps Kirby for two fours in an over and the slog is on. Together, they put a very quick 80 runs together and the score ends at an imposing 262/4 in 4 overs. North bats brilliantly for his 98* in 78 balls. In the last over, he needed 6 runs for his century and was on strike, but only 5 singles were taken off the over -Goddard played and missed at one from Bressington- and needing 3 off the last ball for his century North only gets a single. Unlucky, but this is a good score. Easily defendable.
Or so I thought.

Hunter and Dean take the new ball. Hunter was fresh off a hattrick with the new ball against Northampshire I think, and some fine performances in the T20. Windows and Pearson open the batting.
From ball one, Pearson goes on the onslaught, taking Hunter and Dean apart. Pearson tries to join in, but falls to Dean by nicking to Afridi for 9. 27/1 after 5 overs. Damien Martyn walks in. Dean bowls a beauty, sliding across, just short of a length, Marto nicks it and Afridi holds a brilliant catch diving full strength, only to get up and appeal to an umpire calling 'No-ball!'.
I knew I would regret that moment.
Martyn and Windows tear my bowling apart, as Hunter disspaeared for 41 off 5 overs, despite bowling a maiden in his 3rd over! Dean picks up Windows bowled through the gate in the 10th over, and finished it with the score standing at a frightening 77/2. It is still very overcast, I call in Ford and Moss. Adshead is the new bat.
Adshead didn't gor for all that 'settle in and get your eye in' crap, and hit a brisk 30 off 27 with 6 fours. Ford took the brunt of the assault with his two overs costing seventeen. Hewson got and over in between which was boundary-less but went for 8 anyways. Moss however, was using the conditions excellently from the other ends and picked up Adshead LBW. But I knew I wasn't safe till Martyn was gone.
I brought Botha in and he got smashed in his first 3 overs, by Adshead and Gidman a bit and a lot by Marto. But he got his revenge when, shortly after Adshead fell, Marto followed LBW. 145/4, I felt I could breathe now. Moss continued giving nothing away, although I wish I could say the same for Botha. Luckily, I had Afridi in my sleeve, and I used him.
Gidman was going well, and and Parkin moved into the thirties. However, Parkin was hogging most of the strike, and Gidman was stuck on the other end without many runs but at a good rate. My experiences against him in the past warned me not to write him off. Hewson got a few more overs from Moss' end once he was done, but failed to reproduce the same effects. Parkin picked up a boundary as he looked to accelarate. I re-introduced Dean, and things then got interesting. Dean struck what I though was the killer blow, with Parkin clean bowled for 31 off 41, and Bressington LBW for a golden. It was 202/6, Gidman and Parkin putting up an annoying little partnership. With Afridi having 5 overs left in the last ten, I though I was safe. After all, they still needed 61 runs, with only the tail left.
But Gidman had other plans.
He went beserk from then on, as Dean and Afridi were picked up for boundaries. Suddenly, he stopped taking ones and started hogging the strike, and they needed 40 runs off 7 overs when Cowe fell to Afridi. Gidman batted fantastically with Lewis, who also picked 2 fours off Afridi, one a edge over the top and one a straight drive, both in a row. At this stage, I was setting my own fields. Dean was getting pasted, I had no one to turn to. Last 4 overs, 24 needed. I had men all over the bat for Lewis to prevent the single, but didn't work as the two boundaries showed, and a heavy legside field for Gidman for that was where I was bowling. Some tight stuff from Hunter early from his over and Afridi from the previous over saw the pressure shift a bit, but Gidman got two fours off the last two balls from Both through the offside to leave it at a precarious 18 off 18 balls.
Afridi bowled the next over. Lewis got a single, Gidman a four and then a single, leaving Lewis with two balls. 12 needed now. But Afridi struck removing Lewis caught at slip by Hewson and Greedidge caught and bowled next ball.
12 needed off 2, 1 wicket in hand. Gidman and Kirby. Hunter wasn't working, I turned back to Botha, six overs for 36 then. Gidman failed to pick up runs off the first 2 balls, but got a four. He then took a single, leaving Kirby with two balls to face. I left a big, spacy field to let him get the single, but Kirby got a boundary. I forget how now. 9 off the over!
3 needed off the last over, Afridi bowling, Gidman on strike.
I set my field.
A Long-leg, Long-on, and Deep midwciket. Square leg and widish Mid on. I had my best fielders at these points, and my 6th best, 8th best and 9th best (or 1st worst) in the offside. I looked at the graph of where Gidman got runs off Afridi, and there was a short red line where a backward short leg would be. I decide to place Bassano there, number 5. Right under his nose, to protect the quick single and to take and chances as he would be trying to squeeze the ball against the line or hit over the top.
For Kirby, tight field. 5 legside, 4 offside, slip, silly point, short leg, fine leg in the ring, midwicket, shortish mid-on and shortish mid-off, square leg and a cover. All close in the prevent the single, to make him hit over the top. Gidman's hoggin meant till then they had gone a run a ball rate, so those two boundaries last over released all the pressure. And the two off Hunter.
But what happened next shocked me.
Afridi to Bassano.
Outside offstump, good length, Gidman goes across for the sweep, top edge, and a fantastic diving catch by Bassano at short leg! Out! The one catching man, and Gidman hits straight to him 3 runs from victory while well set on 69!!
All out for 260 in 44.1 overs, I win by 2 runs!
Afridi get MOTM, great game!

Attachments

• Great game innnings 1.JPG
    Great game innnings 1.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Great game innings 2.JPG
    Great game innings 2.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 85
wow afridi is grt for you zorax reading the other forum i may consider him myself, but i have for notts wood who got into the england side as did franks, patel and swann. my two overseas were kallis and bevan

Afridi is great. Fantastic. Best Fielder, Best Bowler, and if I didn't have to force him to open, Best Batsman.

Aaaah, great work zorax! Afridi the great man does it again- Time and time he proves that even if he fails with the bat, he'll definitely make up for it with the ball! Single-handedly won the Natwest Trophy final for me last year.

edenkor man that is unbelievable how on earth did u do that?

Well, this takes my record for biggest win, in the 2028 World Cup against Canada, an absolute belting, also a record for highest team score in an ODI

Beat west indies today in a test series 3-1, 4th test was a mullerisation. I scored 508 in the first innings, bowled WI for 322 then batted until i had a lead of 468 and left myself a day and a half to bowl them out. I managed to bowl WI out for 56 lol, panesar picking up 4, anderson (my best bowler, rated best in the world :shock) getting 3 and then davies and freddie picking up the others. Then annoyingly as i went to click out of the little result page that has the results from the current series my parents lappy froze and i got booted from my game and have therefore lost my series win, computers crashing ftl.

The screenie speaks for itself. Won't go into detail, but I was 48/4 before Strydom came in with Chapungu, and Gilchrist at 7 scored 20 odd from 73 balls when in the last 10 overs they needed 6.1 RPO to win. He hgged the strike whilst Brett Lee was left on 28 off 22 balls Not Out. Gilly got out second last ball of the match, last over was a maiden. Eddie and Heath were bowling in the death. And Ewing did very well, that Fogden guy was killing me till Ewing got rid of him.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 45

Users who are viewing this thread