Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

wow that was pretty close. Glad to see you won still!

Never had my games come down to that margin. The closest one i've had was when i think it was Hampshire was trying to chase down my 250 odd, and they were 210/4. I bowled them out for a total of 20 runs, and ended up winning by 20 runs. Thrilling stuff! ;)

I had a test match - Australia Vs England Brett Lee had been injured whilst bowling in englands second innings, so we were chasing a total that we were never gonna get in 3 and a half sessions but i went for it, come the last over i had 1 wicket left Gillespie and McGrath in, 20odd p/ship so far come last ball Gillespie on strike im thinking good gillespie on strike then a highlight pops up of Gillespie being caught! so close to a draw

Damn so close...

If it was only ever going to be a draw why'd you go for it? Also what was the total score you made before being bowled out?

126 for 0
and still won tha match :D

186 all out / 1 run win :D :happy

Attachments

• naamloos.JPG
    naamloos.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 107
win1runag1.png
very very tight! I was Somerset

Just now against all odds, my Bangla team came back from a 450 odd first innings deficit against New Zealand, to win with 3 wickets left. I forgot it was a 5-day match and was on full aggressive for most of my 2nd innings :p

icc05banglagreatwinrl3.png

Can I post great draws here too?
Today I got Hampshire at 5-169 befor Crawley, Pothas and Mascarenhas came, with Crawley scoring an amazing 260 not out... Hampshire posted 603 ao.
I lost my way in the batting, 203 ao. Follow-on, batting very defensively, getting tot 440 ao, with about 1/3 of a session to go.
It happened to be 10 overs, Hants got to 40/1 and fell one run short of victory, DRAW!

tassietiger said:
I've done it heaps of times, but not chasing quite as big a total as you did normally. Most of the time I beat them when they declare about 250 runs ahead with one session left...I just slog it out.

Yer i just slog it out too

langerrox said:
you dont need a cd?

you do need a CD

I just had quite a great National League game with Derbyshire!

By now, Derbyshire are the best team in the game. We won all four Championships last season, and failed to qualify for the finalst of the T20 finals thise season due to a horrendous batting performance in the quarter-final. But we are on top of both tables and in the finals of the Challenge Trophy, so things are good.

For this game against Yorkshire, I decide to rest Abdul Razzak and Kevin Dean, and played my two Last Season youths Philip Jansen and Kevin Hampton, both fine RFM bowlers (Hampton as even been picked for England, although didn't play a game for them, and he doesn't make my first XI yet!). Norman Castle is this season's youth batsmen and already has a fifty and a 100 in OD cricket, and is replacing the out of form Marcus North. Malcolm Harrison (England Contracted RFM bowler who can bat a bit) and James Ford (RF allrounder, fine batsman and handy bowler) both are regulars in the squad by now after being promoted a couple of seasons ago. Afridi is skipper.

I bat first, and my top order crumbles to Hugh Binden (Re-Gen in the first season) and company in overcast conditions to a meagre 148. Only Denly and Harrison put up any resistance.

In turn, I let Jansen take the new ball alongside Harrison, and things start well. Hampton bowls tightly and picks up key wickets too, and Ford bowls a very impressive spell and a good 2 over second spell. A match we should have lost got dragged on into the final over, with them needing 6 to win and Binden and Lawson batting. Both can bat a bit, but it illustrates the deep tail Yorkshire had at the time.
Afridi has one over left in his spell after I've bowled out everyone else. So no suprises who takes the final over. I set my own custom fields, and set replays to every ball, and go ball by ball...

Well, what happened next, I think it is best you see the screenies...

Attachments

• incredible 1.JPG
    incredible 1.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 34
  • incredibe 2.JPG
    incredibe 2.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 33
  • incredible 3.JPG
    incredible 3.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread