Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

Nice game Dr P. Oram taking plenty of wickets, also nice to Shah in the England side.

Meanwhile, i win again. Still in shock. :eek:

13212169ye9.jpg

Batting is easier than bowling in this game. It's almost impossible to keep the opponent under 300 in test matches.

Yep - right on the button!
I'm still experimenting with various bowling strategies to try and find a solution, but..............:noway

:crying :( :crying I've blown promotion! I've blown promotion! :brickwall

The penultimate game of the season, and we couldn't even defend 355!

It's all over, Essex need only 4 points from their last game to keep Middlesex in Division Two for yet another year. Ah well, we tried......

3rdseasonlossyv4.png

3rdcc15qw1.png

Last edited:
I hate it when you declare, thinking you have enough in the bag, yet you can't even get half of them out!

Are you in your first season?

Its odd this year, in all previous ICC games i have found the ODI games 40/45/50 over the hardest, with championship games being the easiest. This year however it seems the other way around.

this game was all but gone in the last session with only 60 needed from the last hour, with hayden and symmonds at the crease. i have no idea why, but i took the risk of bringing on dwayne bravo. so far in the innings he had been going at over 4 an over. i was just trying to draw the game by taking a few wickets and reducing the runrate. dwayne bravo ended up taking 5 wickets in about 40 minutes. with 12 minutes left i needed 1 more wicket and australia needed about 20 runs. In the last scheduled over bravo took a wicket with the first ball of that over he took the last wicket and handed the team a 1-0 series win.

Attachments

• gr8 win.jpg
    gr8 win.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 33
I hate it when you declare, thinking you have enough in the bag, yet you can't even get half of them out!

Are you in your first season?

I'm near the end of my 3rd Season (ICC 2005) - I got relegated in my 1st season and have now spent two seasons in Division Two.

I've had some one-day success though, having won the twenty20 twice in 3 years, and finishing 3rd and 2nd in the one-day league.

Doing well in the C&G with Somerset. Am now in the semi final.

Just beat Middlesex on the last ball, they needed 2 to win from 2 balls. Then blackwell gets a wicket, then another wicket stumped. Was pretty cool. :clap

Doing crap in the County Championship though, just a few places above relegation.

74351403jd9.jpg

Last edited:
I started over with Kent. Signed Kallis and Asif. And picked up James Anderson in the free market. My bowling is struggling so far.

I needed the points late in the season so I decided to be bold and declare behind. They scored 378 in a day, and I declared overnight on the 2nd day. Game was over before lunch on day 4.

Attachments

• declare.JPG
    declare.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 140
Why open with Walker when Fulton and Jones both make great partners?

Why open with Walker when Fulton and Jones both make great partners?

I don't have a Jones on my team tbh. Walker and Key have been gun players in season 1, they both scored over 1200 runs for me.

I don't have a Jones on my team tbh. Walker and Key have been gun players in season 1, they both scored over 1200 runs for me.

He means former England (and Kent) wicketkeeper Geraint Jones, whom you have probably sold.

He means former England (and Kent) wicketkeeper Geraint Jones, whom you have probably sold.

Oh right, I forgot. IIRC he isn't listed as an opener, so he bats at 7.

Just because he's not listed as an opener doesn't meant he can't be a gun one.

Nethercott has an average of 57 opening, and isn't listed as one.

Anywho, this is my closest loss:

closelosscp6.png

That ground has always been unlucky for me XD

Users who are viewing this thread