Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

I won the toss and decided to bowl first. It was very dark and cloudy. I decided to let my 2 spinners bowl the majority of the overs with the light being bad. The tactics didn't pay off to well. They still reached 380 odd. Once again my first innings batting was very poor. My middle order batsmen were awful. Sayers and Vaughan were the only batsmen who did anything. I reached 210 and they asked me to follow. I went out there with different tactics and better light at my advantage. First wicket partnership of 232 put me on the perfect track to success. 96 from Rudolph, 134 from Vaughan and then Sayers came in and got 138. Reached 497 all out. I had 2 and 3/4 innings to bowl them all out and Lakshitha was a legend. He got 8-54. Warwickshire all out for 185. I won by 133 runs.

10f3vki.jpg

Just played a Qtr-final for the Challenge trophy. Bowled first, and in spite of a rather suspect performance without Mushtaq (playing for England!), I kept them down to 5 an over.

Then came my innings. I was slightly behind on pace, but was ok because I had wickets in hand. That doesn't make a RR of six an over easy however, and I lost wickets until I needed 63 off the last 10 with three wickets in hand Thomas New, in to replace Bopara on England duty, with my three pace men, Batty, a regen, Collins and Reid. When the forty eighth over started, the total was 235-8. Twenty runs were needed, with just two wickets left, Thomas New on strike.

x 4 4 2 3

Collins facing...

W

Now Reid, a batsman whose average in 2nd team cricket is 5, comes to the crease, with one ball left:

Six runs to win off two overs now. Thomas New: 44*(29). Timothy Reid 0*(1)

1 . 1 1 1 1

Last run to win. Thomas New on 47*

Hoorah!

The county champ match before was won by one wicket too :)

Attachments

• Somerset Innings.JPG
    Somerset Innings.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Surrey 1st Innings.JPG
    Surrey 1st Innings.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Run rates.JPG
    Run rates.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 1
Well played mate.

I have to admit, ICC kinda bugs me, a run rate of 6 an over is easy, yet if your batsmen are not set, they you are the under dogs, its kinda gay and i hope it gets sorted.

It was very dark and cloudy. I decided to let my 2 spinners bowl the majority of the overs with the light being bad.

That seems pretty unintelligent. I don't think the game AI acknowledges the fact that the game need not be stopped coz spinners are bowling. On the other hand, if you had medium pacers bowling, you would've at least picked up a few wickets and stopped them from reaching 380

great match here. My bowlers got thrashed till the point the opposition(North) got 305. Iwas shocked to watch me chase it down with 8.5 overs to spare.

305chaseone.jpg

305chasetwo.jpg

Yeah, he took 3 in the second innings as well. I was gutted that he couldn't get 10 in that one innings. He was on about 7 when Davies took a wicket. Ironically it was Anderson who took the catch.

Englandhigherrunrate-india.jpg

Speaks for itself really. By the way it's 2007 world cup and Crawford is a regen who I picked in my Lancashire squad from the youth team a few weeks ago. His average in the second team was 13.46 or something so I put him straight into the World Cup team. :D

A regen that good at 2007? :eek:

Looks like it was an extremely close and low scoring match!

First time i've made a team follow on in 08. It was a great all round performance. Hopefully they can play like that online against gas next time :p.
4ubh1y.png

Dr. Pepper added 27 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

This is probably the best match i've ever had. First of all in the first innings look at their collapse:
29fvvwp.png

Now look at the scorecard:
24zls1v.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread