Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

1st Test Ends in Thrilling Draw

cricket2.JPG

November 27, Brisbane: The eagerly awaited 2006/07 Ashes series lived up to its hype as England drew out the final day of the opening test against Australia.

Chasing a monumental total of 529, the Pommies resumed at 3/215, requiring a further 314 runs to claim victory. On a day where momentum frequently shifted between the two sides, Australia was unable to claim the last wicket as tailenders Harmison (12 not out) and Hoggard (5 not out) stubbornly held off till the final ball.

Earlier in the morning, Kevin Pietersen (89) continued his sparkling form before being dismissed by Clark (3/87) from an ill-advised cut shot to Hayden at slip.

Owais Shah (82), a surprise pick for the English squad, upped the ante and smashed 14 boundaries. Just when Australia looked in dire trouble, part-time spinner Michael Clarke (2/66) got the breakthrough, breaking the Shah/Vaughn partnership of 117 before things got out of hand.

The new ball did the trick as Clark and Lee (2/108) dismissed Flintoff (12) and Prior (39) as England edged closer to the required total. At 7-452, it was anybody's game with Vaughn (106) looking to take the lead. Unfortunately his partners fell one by one, and he himself was dismissed when a lightning-quick ball from Lee nicked his outer edge to Gilchrist, bringing his six-and-a-half hours innings to a close.

With four overs to go, and 1 wicket needed for Australia to take a 1-0 lead in the series, Lee and Johnson (0/128) failed to penetrate the English defence before the game was brought to its conclusion. England was just 27 runs shy of breaking the highest successful fourth-innings run-chase in Test match history, a record currently held by the West Indies.

"Our bowling was a little sketchy today," Australian captain Ricky Ponting admitted. "On a bowler-friendly pitch like this, we should have won that game fairly convincingly."

Ponting did not have kind words for his team's fielding either. "I have never seen so many balls roll between the legs of my men before. That will be an area we will be working on before the next Test in Adelaide."

Man of the match honours went to Matthew Hayden, for his brilliant first-innings and third-innings contributions of 128 and 203 respectively.

cricket.JPG

Last edited:
ENGLAND WITH 5TH ASHES TEST MATCH BY 2 RUNS WITH ONLY 2 BALLS IN THE FINAL SESSION OF THE 5TH DAY LEFT, CLOSEST TEST MATCH IVE EVER SEEN

this was also to compleate a whitewash 5-0 in australia as well :p, just look as the screenshot, with 3 balls left in the final over of the final session of the 5th day Australia needed 3 runs to win with one wicket left, and up spets Len Harkness to get his 5th wicket of the innings to win the game and make it 5-0 to England :D:D:D:D:D:D
my greatest ever win on icc by a distance, and ive played this game a lot!

vsaustralia2runswin.jpg

vsaustralia2runswin2.jpg

look at how massive the first 2 test match wins were! and with every test Australia became more competative and almost got somethin in the final test, but it wasnt too be :D

vsaustralia2runswin5-0overview.jpg

Wow, what a match that was!

here is a very tense draw:

sneakdrawlf9.jpg

As soon as Kurt Plant (Average 4.2) came to the crease, I thought the match was all over, but he stuck it out with Christian Stoker for 50 minutes and 31 runs.

Just had an immense game as Kent vs Sussex in the FP Trophy. Sussex batted first on a good track, and after 2 early wickets, the captain Adams and Goodwin got Sussex going brilliantly, both hitting superb hundreds, with Adams top scoring with 128. They finished on 332-5. I wasn't optimistic going into the run chase, missing both Saffa All-rounders Kemp and Hall, and also missing Geraint Jones who is away with England.

The chase started well, with Key and Denly putting on 74, before Denly fell after making a quick fire 27. Key went next, 2 runs later, which brought David Fulton and Matty Walker together. They did well, with Fulton really taking the attack to the opposition. However, 190 runs on the board, and we were 4 wickets down, and the focus went onto the new players into the side, Stevens, Dexter and O'Brien. They all made starts, with Dexter being the pick of the batsmen making 38. This brought the out of touch Tredwell and the very much in touch Simon Cook to the crease. Tredwell fell for 4 cheaply, but Minal Patel stepped up, making a very handy 20. When Patel got out, I thought we'd lost, we had 1 wicket remaining, and needed 7 runs from the last 3 balls.

Martin Saggers strolled to the crease, pressure mounting. First ball from Lewry and he manages to guide a 2 down to long on. Next ball, a cracking shot down the ground, FOUR runs, we now need 1 run off the last ball to win the game, and complete a fantastic rearguard from the middle and lower order. Last ball of the match, Saggers drives through the covers, and takes the 1. Kent WIN on the last ball :D. Martin Saggers what a legend. What a match.

Playing as Northamptonshire vs Sussex in the pro league. I scored 1-323 off 40 overs with B.Hansen 149no and J.Duvall 130no. I then went on to roll Sussex for 25 with I.Norris taking 5-10 and D.Stock taking 5-15.

Won by 298 runs

Touring Sri Lanka (3 Tests, 3 ODIs) with some slightly out of form players. England 1st in the test rankings with Sri Lanka 3rd. Play out the domestic season with Kent then take on England in the off-season.

England thumped by 10 wickets in the 1st test. Things weren?t going to plan when England won the toss for the 2nd test and batted first on a fairly flat track but would suit the spinners later (England had chosen 1 pace bowler and 3 spinners) and routed for 167 in the first innings.

England bowled quite well to limit Sri Lanka to 342 in their first innings (in the first test Sri Lanka had managed to bleed 529 off a 5 man attack (3 seamers - (Munday [Gary], Anderson & Plunkett & 2 spinners - Rashid & Panesar). This meant do or die for England as they were 175 behind with more than 3 days left meaning a result was always going to occur.

Pietersen (captain), completely out of form and in danger of being dropped, made a spectacular 118 on an ever-turning pitch. Test debutant Ambrose (meaning England playing 2 wicket keepers) made a solid 48 helping England to a reasonable 333.

Sri Lanka was set 159 to win with more than 2 days play left. Enter Michael Munday and his legendary leg-spin. Sri Lanka was cruising at 89/0 on the morning of the 4th day until Munday struck with 2 wickets in the 26th over, the first being the dangerous Sangakkara. 19 overs later Sri Lanka had lost 68/10 with Panesar claiming the final wicket with 1 run to spare. Series now 1-1 with 1 test left.

In anticipation of ICC 2008, I thought I'd load up ICC 3 and play as Lancs. First game of the season, Steele is a youth player by the way.

I had about a session to go with 2 wickets left, then about 50 minutes with just one wicket left and Murali at the crease:D. Couldn't believe it when I managed to hang on!

I just had a tremendous game one that ended in a tie but was so close to a loss.

52j0ux.jpg

13zwffl.jpg

They needed 5 to win off the last over with Lehmann and Warren in and somehow we held on! A fantastic last over to somehow restrict them to four runs. Hogg ended with figures of 5-52 in this match aswell. :)

On ICC3 yesterday, playing on my parents laptop I won a test match against West Indies on the final ball of the 5th day. Corey Collymore and Shiv Chanderpaul were batting, Collymore was on strike for the last 4 balls of the over, Flintoff was bowling. Off-stump was knocked back, and we won the game. Brilliant stuff, I bowled West Indies out in 2 sessions on the final day after declaring with a lead of around 250, ended up winning by 24 runs.

I also got to the World Cup final, before losing by 1 wicket in a low scoring game against South Africa, who happened to be the only team I lost to in the tournament, with them beating me twice.

I don't get much success, but this is arguably my greatest ever County Championship win, playing as Middlesex. It keeps my dreams of promotion alive, with two games still to play. Essex currently occupy the final promotion spot.

On the last day, the weather was very sunny, and Essex had four seamers.

Bounce: 4 red lights (uneven)
Turn: 4 red lights (turning)

Scenario: 380 required off 80 overs at 4.75 per over.

essex1gv3.png

essex2ak4.png

My First Match In ICC 08 *I Won*

Heres Guys My First Match In ICC 08 I Won

Dint Win so easily but win is a win :happy

Summary :

2nghc35.jpg

Full ScoreCard Is Attached

Attachments

• My 1st Match.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread