Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

I just found this game a couple of days ago after being so frustrated with Cricket 07, and it's one of the best I've ever played.

Anyway, here is a screen of one of the first tests I played (had one against Bangladesh I think), and I still can't stop thinking about how awesome it was, especially the last two days.
I've jumped straight in on the normal difficulty too for what it's worth.

cricketiccla0.jpg

I didn't get to start my second innings until late on day 4, so I figured a draw was on the cards. Jacques, Hayden and Ponting got me off to a great start though, and my bowlers tore through them in under 5 hours. I was celebrating every wicket more than in real life :p

Wow good start mate. Have you seen icc 3 around, its the newest version and it has a 3d highlights engine. Great game.

Good to see Lee performs well for you, i tell ya he struggles for me.

Wow good start mate. Have you seen icc 3 around, its the newest version and it has a 3d highlights engine. Great game.

Good to see Lee performs well for you, i tell ya he struggles for me.

Thanks man, having some trouble in the limited overs game though.

I haven't seen 3, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. Should be sick.

Lee bowls pretty damn solid for me, maybe a little expensive sometimes but always seems to take that crucial wicket every time I bring him on for another spell, especially if S Clark and Bracken (just bought him in to bowl full-time) or some spinners have been keeping the run rate low.

I'm a bit disappointed in Gilly, Symonds and Hussey's batting so far.. Hussey's good, but slow and sucks at opening. Symmo bowls fairly tidy though so that makes up for his ~12 or so average.

Cheers man.

...entered Belgium in the 2007 World Cup.
They're performing exactly as can be expected

After a win against Kenya we went down vs Canada... just couldn't match their run rate, exit World Cup

Thanks man, having some trouble in the limited overs game though.

I haven't seen 3, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. Should be sick.

Lee bowls pretty damn solid for me, maybe a little expensive sometimes but always seems to take that crucial wicket every time I bring him on for another spell, especially if S Clark and Bracken (just bought him in to bowl full-time) or some spinners have been keeping the run rate low.

I'm a bit disappointed in Gilly, Symonds and Hussey's batting so far.. Hussey's good, but slow and sucks at opening. Symmo bowls fairly tidy though so that makes up for his ~12 or so average.

Cheers man.

If Symmo's bowling does drop, i recommend picking Watson, hes probably in contention for best all-rounder in 06 so hes defo worth a punt. IIRC he bowls very tidy and is more than handy with the willow.

Yeah, every now and then Lee does damage for me but he just doesn't do it when i need it. Bit of a front runner in my file.

Yeah Watson is awesome, he's not much of a wicket taker for me though, but he's good enough to kill the time until my strikers come back on, and he bats like a demon. I ended up sacrificing Tait instead of Watson for Bracken because of the batting, but I'll probably rotate based on form/injuries.

Shame about Lee's performance for you, I missed him the couple of times he's been injured in my game, but discovered how good Bracken was in the process. Lee's very handy for cleaning up the tail, or wiping out a set batsmen early in his next spell.

I haven't found Watson to be of much use yet in ICC3, but i'll keep trying him... For me, Voges goes great as does Hilfenhaus.

The other match i won by an innings and 642 runs if you want to find that its in the records forum.

Attachments

• untitledd.JPG
    untitledd.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 123
A HAT-TRICK IN THE NICK OF TIME....

A.Sunny runs thru Kent

(Playing as Surrey-2016 season )

This was the last of the group match in the Twenty20. The result of which wouldnt have hampered my progress into the quarter-finals. On a Bowler friendly track my team Surrey could manage only 133/7.

Chasing 134, Kent were cruising along at 84/3 after 13 overs, on course for a win with 50 reqd. from 7 overs with 7 in hand. At this stage, A.Sunny got a Hat-trick as he got rid of R.Key, F.Hossain, G.Cooper & also a ball later got rid off the dangerous looking J.Brown. Kent collapsed to 85/7 after 14 overs.

Sunny wasnt finished yet. In his final over, he got rid of K.Leigh & J.Mount, thus finishing with 6-21.
Finally J.Hoggart claimed the final wkt & they got bowled out for 101 which meant their last 7 wkts fell for just 17.

Funny thing is, the pitch report said - No Help for Spin.:D

Screenshots -
2n1wghw.jpg

2it26qg.jpg

Last edited:
Damn...feeling down & out:(...after going all the way into the Finals of the 20-20 & posting a score of 183....I choked in the end:(...

I think I got a bit over-confident after getting that 183 & before I knew what was happening they had raced to 70 in 7 overs...by the time I could realise it was too late!!! ( screenshot - )

mayo8z.jpg

Last edited:
Essex Vs Gloucestershire

The County Cricket Ground, New Writtle Street, Chelsford.

Essex win the toss and elect to bowl
Over 10

Gloucs 0/39

Spearman 8 n.o
Windows 25 n.o

Plunkett 5 13 0
Anderson 5 23 0

----------------------------------------

Over 20

Gloucs 0/88

Spearman 30 n.o
Windows 46 n.o

Plunkett 5 13 0
Anderson 5 23 0
Tudor 5 22 0
Ten doeschate 5 24 0

-----------------------------------------

Over 30

Gloucs 5/125

Spearman 32
Windows 56
Gidman 4
Irani 14 n.o
Hodnett 4
Gillet 1
Brown 0 n.o

Plunkett 5 13 0
Anderson 10 51 1
Tudor 5 22 0
Ten doeschate 5 24 0
Napier 5 9 3

--------------------------------------------

Over 40

Gloucs 7/157

Spearman 32
Windows 56
Gidman 4
Irani 29
Hodnett 4
Gillet 1
Brown 1
Hopkinson 8 n.o
Greenidge 2 n.o

Plunkett 10 23 0
Anderson 10 51 1
Tudor 5 22 0
Ten doeschate 5 24 0
Napier 10 28 5

Over 50

Gloucs 8/188

Spearman 32
Windows 56
Gidman 4
Irani 29
Hodnett 4
Gillet 1
Brown 1
Hopkinson 37 n.o
Greenidge 2
Lewis 2 n.o
Fisher DNB

Plunkett 10 23 0
Anderson 10 51 1
Tudor 10 36 1
Ten doeschate 10 44 0
Napier 10 28 5

Change of Innings

------------------------------------------

Over 10

Essex 0/35

Hancock 22 n.o
Jefferson 11 n.o

Lewis 5 21 0
Irani 5 13 0

----------------------------------------------

Over 20

Essex 0/70

Hancock 43 n.o
Jefferson 21 n.o

Lewis 5 21 0
Irani 5 13 0
Greenidge 5 17 0
Fisher 4 16 0
Brown 1 0 0

-----------------------------------------------------

Over 30

Essex 0/108

Hancock 53 n.o
Jeffeson 40 n.o

Lewis 5 21 0
Irani 5 13 0
Greenidge 8 35 0
Fisher 7 23 0
Brown 5 9 0

----------------------------------------------------------

Over 40

Essex 1/148

Hancock 54
Jefferson 58 n.o
Ten doeschate 18 n.o

Lewis 5 21 0
Irani 5 13 0
Greenidge 10 41 1
Fisher 10 30 0
Brown 10 37 0

------------------------------------------------------------

Over 48.1

Essex 2/190

Hancock 54
Jefferson 70
Ten doeschate 34 n.o
Pettini 14 n.o
Chopra DNB
Cook DNB
Foster DNB
Napier DNB
Tudor DNB
Plunkett DNB
Anderson DNB

Lewis 9 38 1
Irani 9.1 38 0
Greenidge 10 41 1
Fisher 10 30 0
Brown 10 37 0

------------------------------------------

Essex win by 8 wickets with 11 balls left

Last edited:
I just had a massive win with Glamorgan over Gloucestershire, Won by an innings and 836 runs :D

Attachments

• Massive Victory.jpg
    Massive Victory.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 18
  • nice scorecard.jpg
    nice scorecard.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 9
Just had a great draw to open the ashes in Australia.

Australia - 383 all out
Hayden 86 Munday 5-122
Jaques 82 Panesar 3-84
Langer 69
Hussey 51

England - 610 all out
Bell 160 Gillespie 3-87
Flintoff 134 Warne 3-180
Vaughan 120
Pietersen 96

Australia - 440/6 dec
Ponting 220* Jones 3-99
Hodge 75 Flintoff 2-78
Jaques 60

England - 99/5
Strauss 53* Warne 3-29
Pietersen 19 McGrath 2-26

Their bowling attack was the Legendary:

McGrath
Lee
Gillespie
Warne

Also Hodge now has 1994 runs which is the year I was born in. :)

Users who are viewing this thread