Do we actually care about cricketing records ?

Do we care about records ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Only people who wouldn't care is people who simply doesn't watch, cricket, play cricket, or support it , or doesn't even know it exsists. But I care alot , actually I find it very interesting :p

Scroll to the top of the page please. Read the poll results. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter the following into your reply area:

"I am full of crap. I retract my earlier statement. If I had read the poll, instead of making up evidence to support my argument like a current affairs show, I would have discovered that 97% of participants in this poll care about records, and that I am part of less than 3% of the population in not caring. I am sorry for misleading the Planetcricket community and for lying."

I will never do that. You will be last person im taking advice from.

I dont think anyone else apart from you has actually said that. Besides one reason why the Aussie records keep coming back into discussion is because people start talking about the decline of their team when they lose one test match in over two years.

The "HERE" is not PC but India.

Last edited:
And that's only because you don't hold many of the big ones. In 30 years or so and it was the other way around, and India had most of them - then I bet it'd be a whole lot different. :rolleyes:

Especially for you........

We are only country to win all ICC cups and you have not. :happy

You must be esctatic. I can only dream for the day that we somehow win the holy grail that is the "20/20 Cricket World Cup".

I would have thought lots of people said the same thing about the 50 over World Cup when it was first introduced. More than 30 years later it is taken seriously and Australia have won it 3 times in a row. You are proud of that achievement.

India could go on and win the next two 20 over World Cups. It can't be given any credit because Australia haven't won it before of course. 20 over cricket is a format that is here to stay, like 50 over cricket was. Just because Australia have never won it, it doesn't mean its less important.

Especially for you........

We are only country to win all ICC cups and you have not. :happy

According to your theory.....the perfect answer to that would be........who the hell cares??

But in reality that is an impressive record to hold. But then you know its only a matter of time before the Aussies win the Twenty20 as well. I think they have the most ICC Cups as well.

Well i have made my last post in this thread.

Well i have made my last post in this thread.
Finally we can have an intelligent discussion now.

Anyway, you are a hypocrite because you just used a record to say that India is good, right after you said that no one cares about records. Like to see what you have to say about that?

I would have thought lots of people said the same thing about the 50 over World Cup when it was first introduced. More than 30 years later it is taken seriously and Australia have won it 3 times in a row. You are proud of that achievement.

India could go on and win the next two 20 over World Cups. It can't be given any credit because Australia haven't won it before of course. 20 over cricket is a format that is here to stay, like 50 over cricket was. Just because Australia have never won it, it doesn't mean its less important.

Thanks for putting words into my mouth. Because I sure don't remember ever saying that the 20/20 World Cup wasn't important just because we haven't won it. We could win 10 20/20 World Cup's in a row for all I could care and I'd still not care about it. And yes, I'm quite aware that 20/20 cricket is here to stay (which is sad), but that doesn't change the fact that it's a joke, and I'm not the only one who thinks this.

By the way sid, to be totally correct, India haven't won all ICC cups. You didn't win the 2004 Champions Trophy. The final was washed out remember? But not like it matters anyway right? Records don't mean anything (unless India hold them of course)

You weren't serious right? You weren't honestly saying that winning 16 test matches in a row, tests which last 5 days each and are the ultimate challenge in cricket, tests that on average a team will draw at least every few games, and that a decent team would be happy to lose a test couple of series as long as they win that series, is not worthy of attention and that no one cares?

I was just citing an example.
Maybe,I should have mentioned-Sourva Ganguly,Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid have all ammassed 10,000 runs in cricket.But who gives it a damn ?

I think we do care about records - especially when you're a team like Australia who have jsut about every trophy in world cricket in their cabinet...there isn't a lot left to play for except records....but that sometimes leaves our players looking for individual accolades as well and makes us perform worse.

Well i clearly remember Ricky Ponting not being too happy that Matty Hayden's 380 was chased down by Brian Lara.

Only people who wouldn't care is people who simply doesn't watch, cricket, play cricket, or support it , or doesn't even know it exsists. But I care alot , actually I find it very interesting :p

Okay=to some extent we do.
Yuvraj's 6 sixers and Gibb's 6 sixers were in the limelight for the moment.
But definately not today.

By the way sid, to be totally correct, India haven't won all ICC cups. You didn't win the 2004 Champions Trophy. The final was washed out remember? But not like it matters anyway right? Records don't mean anything (unless India hold them of course)

2000-India lost
2002-Joint winner
2004 & 2006-knocke dout in Round one.

Records dont mean anything-Well,why would India hold them ?

Six 6's isnt an achievement that shows a sign of absolute greatness though, it's quite plausable for anyone in international cricket to do it, so its not a well respected record if you compare to what I would call the records that record real greatness 600 wickets, 10,000 runs etc.

Six 6's isnt an achievement that shows a sign of absolute greatness though, it's quite plausable for anyone in international cricket to do it, so its not a well respected record if you compare to what I would call the records that record real greatness 600 wickets, 10,000 runs etc.

Thats like saying-
Hattricks in cricket are not good enough neither are 4 wickets in 4 balls :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread