Do we actually care about cricketing records ?

Do we care about records ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Yes, but you don't have to be an amazing cricket to do something like that. They are often fluke occurances. It's actual long term career stats that matter.

I was just citing an example.
Maybe,I should have mentioned-Sourva Ganguly,Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid have all ammassed 10,000 runs in cricket.But who gives it a damn ?

Well i clearly remember Ricky Ponting not being too happy that Matty Hayden's 380 was chased down by Brian Lara.

Okay=to some extent we do.
Yuvraj's 6 sixers and Gibb's 6 sixers were in the limelight for the moment.
But definately not today.

2000-India lost
2002-Joint winner
2004 & 2006-knocke dout in Round one.

Records dont mean anything-Well,why would India hold them ?

I still care about that and I still like watching the replays of Gibbs and Yuvraj hitting those sixes :happy

Thanks for putting words into my mouth. Because I sure don't remember ever saying that the 20/20 World Cup wasn't important just because we haven't won it. We could win 10 20/20 World Cup's in a row for all I could care and I'd still not care about it. And yes, I'm quite aware that 20/20 cricket is here to stay (which is sad), but that doesn't change the fact that it's a joke, and I'm not the only one who thinks this.

By the way sid, to be totally correct, India haven't won all ICC cups. You didn't win the 2004 Champions Trophy. The final was washed out remember? But not like it matters anyway right? Records don't mean anything (unless India hold them of course)

I have only heard Australians refer to 20 over cricket as a joke. I know people from other countries who think there is too much of it played, but not that all in all it is a joke. It is a form of cricket. It is the Australian spirit to want to be the best at everything. So why exactly wouldn't you care if you won it?

I have only heard Australians refer to 20 over cricket as a joke. I know people from other countries who think there is too much of it played, but not that all in all it is a joke.

To be truly honest, I wouldn't have a clue at all if this was fact or not. So I can't really comment on it.

It is a form of cricket. It is the Australian spirit to want to be the best at everything. So why exactly wouldn't you care if you won it?

It's just a gimmick to me. Just a way to get more people through the gates so they can make more money for themselves. Maybe I wouldn't feel so strong against it if they didn't make a tournament for it called "20/20 World Cup". That was really pushing it.

To be truly honest, I wouldn't have a clue at all if this was fact or not. So I can't really comment on it.

It's just a gimmick to me. Just a way to get more people through the gates so they can make more money for themselves. Maybe I wouldn't feel so strong against it if they didn't make a tournament for it called "20/20 World Cup". That was really pushing it.

The tournament was called the World Twenty20 technically. What else would it be called anyway? It is a cup competition featuring world teams playing Twenty20... the Twenty20 World Cup.

The Twenty20 Trophy perhaps?

What difference would it make? You can call it that if you want, the correct name is the World Twenty20, some call it the Twenty20 World Cup and others the Twenty20 World Championship. This is so trivial!

What difference would it make? You can call it that if you want, the correct name is the World Twenty20, some call it the Twenty20 World Cup and others the Twenty20 World Championship. This is so trivial!

You're right. The name of it is meaningless to be fair, because the thing shouldn't even be here in the first place.

Just cause you guys didnt win it doesnt mean that the competition has no place.

What the hell? Did you even read my posts in this thread? I've already made it clever that I wouldn't care about the freaking thing even if we won it 10 times in a row. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread