Doctor's Pro-AI Patches

Short Leg said:
Ive had a crack at the test match patch and i can say that its the best i have used. I really like the timing and outfeild pacing. I reckon ill be using this one in my story

Thanks mate. :hpraise
I'll keep checking your story. :happy

i must say i am amazed gr8 patch but pls make it cover drive friendly next time :D

Cricket Doctor, you'll have another review once i've got my copy and once i've got used to it a bit.

h123786 said:
i must say i am amazed gr8 patch but pls make it cover drive friendly next time :D

Well, where you've found it difficult?? Please explain it a bit.

Sureshot said:
Cricket Doctor, you'll have another review once i've got my copy and once i've got used to it a bit.
Sure mate, I'll wait for it. :happy

James219 said:
Sounds like a a great patch will use it later and review. Don't worry about the viruses mate, those things can happen.

Thanks mate. :hpraise
I've attached virus free patch now. :happy :cheers

The patch is wiked but there are three major issues,

1. The backfoot off drive inside edges all the time and it goes too square, once it went for a mid wicket six. (WOW)

2. The front foot cover drive is also very hard to hit.

3. L + L from CPU bowlers is just a bit too accurate.

Besides that...perfect.

manee said:
The patch is wiked but there are three major issues,

1. The backfoot off drive inside edges all the time and it goes too square, once it went for a mid wicket six. (WOW)

2. The front foot cover drive is also very hard to hit.

3. L + L from CPU bowlers is just a bit too accurate.

Besides that...perfect.

Well, thanks for your feedback mate. :cheers

1. As far as front foot cover drive is concerned, you just need to pick the right balls early on, but once you get few of them middle of the bat, it won't too tough.

2. L+L for some bowlers will remain accurate for some world class bowlers e.g. Mcgrath,Pollock and co., so you got to look for every single oppurtunity to score runs.

3. Well, that ocasional fly of the backfoot cut shot is a bit concern and I'll look into that. btw, its with cut shots, not with backfoot off drive.

Thanks once again. :happy
C.D. :onpc

I really enjoy playing the tests in this patch. I'll try the ODIs later!

Have played a few ODIs on hard level and found it very difficult to score runs. This is probably a reflection on my ability rather than the patch. The pacing of the outfield is great and it's good to see the ball just clearing the fielders when trying to go over the top.

I've found the flick off the legs to have no power. I've never had it go more than a few metres from the batsman. Because of the risk of LBW I've had to shelf the shot. Also the backfoot off and on drives usually go very square (most often behind square). Is this just my timing? I've tried playing it earlier but then it goes in the air. This isn't just with batsman new to the crease. I've also seen the backfoot off drive go to square leg. The lofted on drive usually just drops over the bowlers head.

I'll try a the test patch later on.

jacobfelix said:
Thanks for the link, buddy.

During the course of the test match i found out one thing which surprised me :
Previously, without the patch, the flick shot (Rt. arrow+'S' key) used to zoom away to the sq. leg fielder or sometimes zoom away past him to deep sq. leg. But ever since I put this patch I found out, on DRY/NORMAL pitch the ball hardly goes past a foot :eek: ( during flick shots )....ok...Once...Twice...Ok..Maybe my timing is wrong can be the reason..but always!!!In fact, I experimented the timing of this shot with all - when the (fast) bowler released the ball ; then when the ball is mid-way ; then when the ball is about to pitch but still it hardly goes to the sq. leg fielder..Anything wrong.

I too am having the same problem..the ball hardly travels when the flick shot is played

Run scoring seems to be quite difficult..On MED level IND(me) vs AUS(test match) , India scored 7/0 of the first 8 overs(with Sehwag at the crease!)

cricketfanatic said:
Run scoring seems to be quite difficult..On MED level IND(me) vs AUS(test match) , India scored 7/0 of the first 8 overs(with Sehwag at the crease!)

Ya..Man..Even I am struggling on Medium Level...Look at this...Afridi is batting on 22 of 89 balls :D ..Overall runrate is barely 2.5 after 32 overs..Flick shots have no power

Updated Later : Well...Here's a ODI update from me...Decided to test the ODI patch..Started a Knockout International..50 overs...Me as England..First match agst. Australia..On a dusty pitch in Barbados..Australia got bowled out for 249 in 45 overs(Autoplayed)..so much for AI..they started slogging from 30th over...:D

Right now I am on 126/5 in 28 overs...in fact was actually on 85/2...but became over-confident and over-experimented...which led to collapse.

Since its my First ODI...I did not take risk during the fielding restriction..in fact the only time I used a '6' hit button was when Solanki swung McGrath over mid-wicket...earlier on in the innings there were edges which went past keeper...2 fours thru gully...guided shots of M.Clarke thru thirdman...a fine glance of the same bowler...Overall 5 mis-fields so far...BUT...Flicks arent working here either...As I told yesterday I tried with all sorts of timing..When the bowler releases the ball / when the ball is mid-way / when the ball is about to pitch..No Flicks..Even I tried it with different position of the batsman...Batsman standing covering the Leg stump / Batsman standing around middle-leg stump...CD you got to seriously look into this...even another member too has told that Flicks have no power..

The one more thing that I found was....Even while playing TEST MATCH yesterday I found this on atleast 3-4 occassions...I played a deflect shot for a rising ball to backward sq. leg...the ball was heading towards backward sq. leg (slowly) when all of a sudden it looked as though it got 'REBOUNDED' and went over to...say...short sq. leg fielder.. :eek:

Anyway, so much for now...got to chase that target :D

Last edited:
i played 20 overas match.when i bowl to the delivery to cpu batsman always r playing reverse shot and clean bowled i got 7 batsmans r out in same kind of dismissal plz check out

O.K. Guys, [specially :
jacobfelix
cricketfanatic
Greenidge
manee
h123786]

I hope this is the last time I have to sorry to you guys. :upray :upray :upray :upray

Here is the reason, where it all went wrong:-

1. You guys know, there was a worm, when I released the patch for the first time. I tell you, how it came:-
When I was rearranging all my files, after patching had finished, the main patch file was happened to be deleted by mistake. The back-up of the patch was on my bro's system. So, I had to take my patch from there, and there was a virus on his system, and I punished him for that.

2. Now, the back-up patch that I took from his system, had unfinished Normal mode patching.

3. I've corrected all the files now and hopefully everything will be smooth now. :upray :upray :upray

So, hopefully sorry for the last time guys. :upray :upray :upray :upray

just attaching new tweaked patch in a moment. :cheers :cheers

Regards,

Here is the patch, with tweaking in normal mode::->>

1. Leg glances (flick shots) for power have been tweaked. Really guys it was all because of wrong files, as after 'V1' leg glance shot was the first I tweaked.............................

2. Cover drive of the backfoot and front foot has been tweaked, now you won't find much edges and bowl won't always go behind square leg.

3. Scoring in normal mode will be smooth and easy now.

So, please guys, do let me know, if the patch is working fine for normal mode and ODIs too. :upray :upray :upray :upray
and thanks for letting me know my mistake. I'll try my best to improve from my mistake(..carelessness I'd say :mad: ) next time.

Thank you,

Attachments

• Doctor's Pro-(Test+ODI) Patch 'V2.1' [Normal Mode + ODI fix].zip
    72.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Excellent. Downloaded your patch and will be testing it in my second test of my story. Will post you on the patch.

Users who are viewing this thread