Doctor's Pro-AI Patches

hi parv, seems like ppl liking ur patch....:) its a really gud one re...me playng s.africa-aus at cape town, aussie 59/2 in 18 overs...am s.africa...going on very well..will let u know more :) just in beginning make the batsman leave some gud deliveries bowled in first 2-3 overs...then its a complete patch ....cheers! chocolates for u....

ajayganesh said:
hi parv, seems like ppl liking ur patch....:) its a really gud one re...me playng s.africa-aus at cape town, aussie 59/2 in 18 overs...am s.africa...going on very well..will let u know more :) just in beginning make the batsman leave some gud deliveries bowled in first 2-3 overs...then its a complete patch ....cheers! chocolates for u....
Hurray!!!!! ajay nice to see you back mate.Glad its going well.Ya I'll make the batsman leaving more delieveries in first few overs mate just for you,but you'll have to wait for probably 1 day for that.
Bye! :)
Enjoy playing. :cheers

@ gamerkid22:
Good thing there is,a CPU batsman is caught by wicket keeper,and also lbw's which were rear to see before in cricket 2005. :happy

ajayganesh said:
Hey Aus run-rate looks fine as well. :happy

Last edited:
cricket doctor said:
@ gamerkid22: [/U] [/SIZE] [/COLOR] Good thing there is,a CPU batsman is caught by wicket keeper,and also lbw's which were rear to see before in cricket 2005. :happy

ya that's good but i was shocked at the rate at which i got the wickets :eek: I will try on some other pitches . btw with swing was realistic and the batsmen were playing shots . Looks realistic. :cheers

hi cricket doctor i have played another match India vs Pakistan in Pakistan , Normal pitch , clear sky and hot condition In the start the batsmen didn't offer any shot to the good length deliveries . will u please fix these . :upray .

Otherwise the patch is realistic :cheers

Last edited:
I just tried playing your AI for about 10-15 mins.

DEVICE-KEYBOARD

PATCH-Just the" When We Bat" Patch.

Plus Points-

1)The swing looks realistic and the ball movement seems to be much better than the default AI.

2)Some of the shots such as Straight Drive,Cover drive,especially off-side shots seem to be well improved,although you could further improve it still.

3)The CPU seems to bowl different types of deliveries,Im not sure if it does in the default AI,yet good work on this.

Minus Points-

1)A couple of shots such as the late-cut just flew to the boundary.

2)The flick shot needs a bit of working,it should be made more easily playable imo.

3)Finally I would recommend not editing your patch according to each member's request as it is more important to improve your general patch quality rather than editing it according to everyone's need.Just my opinion though.

Overall seems to be a good start,and I feel that with time it will be even better.

Well done so far cricket doctor but I still can't seem to get wickets

Hey,Wildwil can you give the description of the match.I mean team vs team,condition,pitch,innings. So that I can give you some tips to get wickets mate because I've got wickets in all conditions and against most of the test teams. :onpc

I am South Africa vs Australia at Sydney on a dry pitch.inings number 1 for me after Aus scoered 442/2

hey parv....sid is right...don't make patches for ppl seperately...it'll be wonderful if u can take note of all our suggestions,feedbacks and give it a shot on ur next patch...as told u, a wonderful start...and the gameplay is xtremely wonderful...am yet to play a complete match...and that aus-s.africa game save file my dad was playing his game and he saved on top of my saved file by mistake..lol..am playing ind-eng n me being ENG, batting first..3/0 in 3 overs...stopped as ITS MY B'DAY TODAY!!! YIPEEEEE...will play a complete test soon and let u know how it is in dusty pitch at kolkutta...cheers

@ sid----->>>>>
Thanks for trying my patch sid and liking it.
1. As far as late cut issue is concerned, I'm sure every late cut won't go to the fance and in some cases late cuts should race away to the boundry in test cricket as we see in real test cricket that lots of runs are scored through 3rd man region.So it depends on your timming, time it properly and it could be 4 or mistime it and you may get caught at sleep, and as you'll play along with my patch, you'll definitely get what I mean.

2. flick shot:- ya probably,it could be... but see I reckon off-side strokes should look beautiful,realistic and easy to play.However,I'll look into that if ppl find it tough to play.

3.Editing patch according to member's need----->> :cheers
Well, I'm not saying I would make drastic changes according to each member's need,but some small issues can be solved easily and immediately,so that members don't feel annoyed on such a small issue for e.g. bowling cursor size.Afterall, my aim is to make members happy and satisfied,and they should enjoy playing the game. :)

Hi Wildwil,[/I]
Ya dry pitches in Aus can sometimes produce big scores like the one you've got. If you want to take wickets on any wicket in cricket 2005 with my patch,try the following:-
1. In the begging of each inning of the match or in beginning of the batsman's inning try to bowl consistently on or just outside the off stump.

2. Make sure you have 3-4 slips for each new batsman,as there are more chances to get out a batsman early in his inning.

3.Make sure you've got your field setting spot on,as more runs CPU gets,more difficult is to get him out,but with my patch,you always have a chance to get the batsman out at any stage of the game.

4. On dry pitch, make sure Nicky Boje bowls more and more in your inning,as he will get more help from the dry pitch as compare to Pollock and company.

5.Score is 442/2,don't loose hope mate,try to bat sensibly when its your turn to bat and put up a decent total.Who knows,you can make a comeback in second inning.

I'll give you more tips as soon as they strike my mind.
but for have patience and restrict Aus to total as less as possible from now on and make sure they don't reach 600,as it'll be very difficult for you to make a comeback then. :cheers :happy

Last edited:
wow i get some realistic swing now all thankz to doctor great patch

@ gamerkid22:::::
Hi gamerkid22, I know what's the problem,you are putting wrong files to the c2k5 root directory I reckon. Please see carefully and make sure that you put files from 'When CPU bats' folder when you are bowling mate. As with wrong files there are more chances that CPU will play unexpected shots.
I've played at Melbourne today,green pitch,overcast conditions,me(Aus) vs CPU (Saf) and South Africans smashed me all over the park as I bowled at the stumps on the good length area as you said. Saf were 59/1 after 10 overs and Devilliars was the only man to go and he too was caught in slips. :cheers :onpc

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread