Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Allrounder Andrew McDonald producing a fine rearguard performance, but the Vics are 8/290. Still, if the top five can actually do something with their starts, they could make a very respectable second innings.

Jaques again has shown how good of form hes in scoring more than half of NSW first inns runs. Henriques grabbed 2 and Tait went very well for SA. And of course Bollinger has finally done something in First Class cricket :)

Well hopefully Bollinger can deliver in a few more games this season. Has been rather disappointing in first class cricket, especially when you consider how many wickets he takes in grade.

Pitch must be spinning like buggery. Adcock and Bailey getting wickets, and OBrien bowling 25 overs.

No bloody faith in Casson. He bearly got a bowl in the first inns too, also Henriques not given a bowl.
Doesn't Bailey spin the ball? Surely hes not another Cam White.

aussie1st said:
No bloody faith in Casson. He bearly got a bowl in the first inns too, also Henriques not given a bowl.
Doesn't Bailey spin the ball? Surely hes not another Cam White.
Either he spins the ball pretty well or he has hidden fast bowling talent, because Lehmann gave him the new ball in the second innings

Also

angryangy said:
The WACA has gotten easier in recent years, to the point that I don't think one can discount the possibility of two spinners, especially if Watson is playing well.
I like it when Cricinfo read my posts :p

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/263650.html

Managed 2 wickets too not bad at all.
Henriques already thrown into the spotlight, this time to save NSW from losing the match. Casson also may have to get his batting skills out.

We have the batsmen but they are hit and miss but I don't think Jaques will be getting selected any time soon so we don't have to worry about losing him.

Good knock by Paine to put Tasmania past the 300 for the first day. Lucky for them Bevan SR for his 83 was in the high 90s or Tasmania would have been lucky getting 200 for the day. Ervine has been the pick of the bowlers with 2 wickets.

I think WA are screwed in the Pura Cup simply because this WACA surface won't let them get outright results.

angryangy said:
I think WA are screwed in the Pura Cup simply because this WACA surface won't let them get outright results.
and because we have one of the worst captains (yes i said it!)

Vic squad for thier next Pura Cup match

Victoria squad: Cameron White (c), Adam Crosthwaite, Gerard Denton, Brad Hodge, David Hussey, Nick Jewell, Mick Lewis, Andrew McDonald, Clinton McKay, Lloyd Mash, Jonathon Moss, Shane Warne (12th man to be named)

I reakon the team should be

Hodge
Mash
Jewell
White
Hussey
Moss
McDonald
Crosthwaite
Denton
Warne
Lewis

Still leaves us with the bowling options of Lewis, Denton, McDonald, Warne, Moss, while having added batting strength.

Users who are viewing this thread