Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Typical only one of our batters have made something decent. At least Jaques has made a 50 maybe this is the turning point in his form slump. Henriques in with 14 overs to work his magic.

Henriques or whatever doesn't look overally good as a batsman.
Looked at sea when Hilfenhaus was bowling to him.
Dodged a bullet first ball, Dan Marsh had him plumb LBW.

Last edited:
Henriques batting technique looks solid, nothing spectacular about it though, it's all about development with him though...hes still only 20 and look at his composure at the crease, and his impressive 1st over with the ball. Potential or what.

Hilfy bowled well. :D

Heaps of batters look at sea against Hilfy so I guess they must not be overly good batsmen either. He needs a promotion hes wasted at 8 with these nuffies above him.
Not much impact from our bowlers should be an easy win for Tassie.

He'll get better with more games, Bollinger back with a bang his best OD performance this season might well take as to victory. Hauritz also continues his good OD form.

langerrox said:
for aus? hell yeh. no WA quick deserves to play for Australia, ever.

If Edmondson can bowl consistently well like he bowled in the OD match against South Australia he could be promising. He was swinging the ball a mile and had full control over where he was bowling. He needs quite a few more performances like that though to challenge the current group of pacemen we have fighting for national selection. And Magoffin isn't that bad, he'll keep on getting better and better.

Speaking of WA quicks, I had to face Sean Cary the other week, he is damn quick.

pal said:
Whatever happened to that guy? Last I heard, he was a house painter! I hope he's gotten back into the domestic scene.
Had an arguement with WACA when they left him out of the Pura Cup team, was released from his contract, then went into hiding, and according to cricinfo, is a house painter in Brisbane.

Blewie had a go at the SACA selectors and copped a fine. Don't blame him really, the 'out of form' line only holds water if the guys you promote can actually hold a bat. Plus, development only works when there are enough senior players to lead the youths.

Good and bad game yesterday, low scoring but close, slow start for both batsmen leaving and blocking the ball and working singles, we didn't hit a four in the first 5 overs or somthing, the outfield was slow due to rain and the match was delayed by an hour which made it 45 over match. Bollinger bowled great and Henriques started off good missing the edge a lot. At the end of the innings we weren't trying to hit sixes whihc annoyed me and we let thewm get away with too much missing 3 run outs and 3 catches.

On paper our lineup can really give it a good whack, from 4 to 8 we have big hitters one after the other. It's just a matter of them clicking which hasn't happened still.

dtrain said:
If Edmondson can bowl consistently well like he bowled in the OD match against South Australia he could be promising. He was swinging the ball a mile and had full control over where he was bowling. He needs quite a few more performances like that though to challenge the current group of pacemen we have fighting for national selection. And Magoffin isn't that bad, he'll keep on getting better and better.

Speaking of WA quicks, I had to face Sean Cary the other week, he is damn quick.
edo is a hack and both magoffin and edo are from queensland

Lol at the Duckworth lewis system. WA score 190 over Qld 158 and they still lose!
Hopes might have struct that 70 in the right time as the selectors maybe looking at that opening spot and may want another opening all rounder.

aussie1st said:
Lol at the Duckworth lewis system. WA score 190 over Qld 158 and they still lose!
Hopes might have struct that 70 in the right time as the selectors maybe looking at that opening spot and may want another opening all rounder.
Mind you, is it fair that a team has 30 overs to bat thinking they have 50 thus scoring more slowly, and another team knowingly having 30 overs?

Users who are viewing this thread