Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

fyi, my boy mitch marsh is playing his first, first grade match now.. currently 14* he is only aged 15/16 ;)

Good recovery from WA to get to 200, the way SA have gone lately they probably will struggle to get it.

Any relation to Shaun Marsh? Does sound promising from his first game in grade cricket.
Looks like Cosgrove is hitting some form now just like Jaques has recently found his.

aussie1st said:
Any relation to Shaun Marsh? Does sound promising from his first game in grade cricket.
Looks like Cosgrove is hitting some form now just like Jaques has recently found his.
yes its his brother ;) shaun got 71 and marsh got 52 for freo in that game, impressive debut and i personally think mitch will be playing for aus in next 3-5 years :p

Feelin Blue? said:
maybe Australia in 10 years if hes only 15
he got to 1st grade with just 3 grade matches... and has performed amazingly in first grade it shouldnt take him long to be at state level imo

just cuz he got through the grades quick doesn't mean he is going to contuinesly go into domestic than Australia really fast, i know Waugh and McGrath did but it will be a while before he plays for Australia

Feelin Blue? said:
just cuz he got through the grades quick doesn't mean he is going to contuinesly go into domestic than Australia really fast, i know Waugh and McGrath did but it will be a while before he plays for Australia
i understand that, im saying if he can pull his act together in 1st grade he could be in the WACA side and by then there could be a lack in young batting depth... pomersbach only played first grade for a year or two and got into the WA side and look how well he has performed.

langerrox said:
i understand that, im saying if he can pull his act together in 1st grade he could be in the WACA side and by then there could be a lack in young batting depth... pomersbach only played first grade for a year or two and got into the WA side and look how well he has performed.
Yea they can give him chances in Domestic but he wouldn't be a consitent player unless he proforms beyond expectations

Feelin Blue? said:
Yea they can give him chances in Domestic but he wouldn't be a consitent player unless he proforms beyond expectations
what? this guy really is something.. twice as much talent as his brother shaun lets hope he doesnt throw it away like shaun does

Interesting finish we got in store after 50s from Harris and Cosgrove. Hogg bowling at the death gets the vital wicket of Cleary. 30 runs in 24 balls, SA just need a batter there as Dizzy can stay it out.

In Sydney grade cricket Jaques smashed 321 in 257 balls to take his average for grade cricket this season to 219.33!

Users who are viewing this thread