Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

Guys, whether AI is getting out playing lofted/aggressive shots in test matches?

Especially in the initial stages of the innings where we expect them to play sensibly.

Absolutely loving the game !
-The bowling has improved a lot as compared to the previous version found some decent edges playing in the pro difficulty.
-Animations are much smoother.
-Found a couple of bugs like led stumps weren't flashing in one of the night games and after playing the sweep shot the keeper stumped me and i was given out despite the foot way behind the popping crease.(happened twice in the same match)
- Visuals in night looks awesome as compared to day match ,the latter has too much lightning.

Guys, whether AI is getting out playing lofted/aggressive shots in test matches?

Especially in the initial stages of the innings where we expect them to play sensibly.

I've played a fair number of Test matches and AI plays extremely sensibly. Warner played some lofted shots but only against bad balls though. Did not get caught though.

Almost 90% of wickets are legit. Maybe a bad shot from the AI here and there to get caught at covers.

T20 feels like a weird choice for grade cricket, especially for bowlers.

Not enough time to get wickets and it's super hard to bowl maidens as well. Avenue for experience seems cut off a lot.

50 over matches would have been great. 10 overs to bowl in this case gives you more chances to gain wickets and get into the domestic scene.

Obviously Q/A would have tested all formats and seen what worked best. I wonder what the logic behind T20 was though

I think it's quite simple. The logic is that most people will get tired quickly of playing against randomly generated no name players and want to play against their childhood heroes in the state and international scene. 20 20 gets you there the quickest.

I've played a fair number of Test matches and AI plays extremely sensibly. Warner played some lofted shots but only against bad balls though. Did not get caught though.

Almost 90% of wickets are legit. Maybe a bad shot from the AI here and there to get caught at covers.
Good to know. Eagerly waiting for the console patch after reading the positive notes from you guys.

Btw, What difficulty are you playing?

Good to know. Eagerly waiting for the console patch after reading the positive notes from you guys.

Btw, What difficulty are you playing?

I've started off with a modest Pro Difficulty.

Now, as I've mentioned in my previous posts, I've been playing only the Test Format and here are some of the problems that I am noticing and a bit of feedback.

1) Field Presets are not applying most times.
2) Field presets are really difficult to access. Also, there has to be an option to assign a Preset to a Bowler. For all the Batsmen the bowler bowls to.
3) During bowling spin, it'll be great if the Bounce, Flight Option comes a bit quicker.
4) During bowling pace, the game isn't saving the Crease option chosen. For example, for every bowl, the bowler starts from the middle and you need to move left or right to use the crease. I guess this is a design decision. But I'm certain like me most people would like if the game remembers it. Because generally we bowl a few balls from one side of the crease to set up the batsman and the odd ball from the other side as the wicket ball.
5) Why are Attacking field presets more Aggressive than Aggressive field presets? :P
6)The Out transition from the Hawk eye after every over is extremely laggy. And I'm using a fairly decent System with a GTX 970.

Anyway, @MattW Please have a look at these points and implement it if you find it credible.

Last edited:
Does anybody understand the batting mechanics of the game? I am getting out even while have all 3 parameter(footwork,timing, shot selection) as ideal.

T20 feels like a weird choice for grade cricket, especially for bowlers.

Not enough time to get wickets and it's super hard to bowl maidens as well. Avenue for experience seems cut off a lot.

50 over matches would have been great. 10 overs to bowl in this case gives you more chances to gain wickets and get into the domestic scene.

Obviously Q/A would have tested all formats and seen what worked best. I wonder what the logic behind T20 was though

I agree entirely. Two competitions per season for grade cricket would give a better mix - one at T20 and one at 50 overs.

This might be something that BA can implement.

I agree entirely. Two competitions per season for grade cricket would give a better mix - one at T20 and one at 50 overs.

This might be something that BA can implement.
Maybe but I suppose to have the option the user can make their mind up so yes should and hope to be implemented.

I can't seem to leave a review on steam :( I put in my review then click thumbs up and click post.. nothing happens :(

Batted last night as Essex and I lost some stupid wickets due to having been used to playing the PS4. One was a stumping because my batsman had started as batting just a smidge out of his crease and I hadn't realised and one was a run-out due the fielders being a bit sharper.

I hate James Tredwell.

Users who are viewing this thread