Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

Can you guys confirm if all of the Online Specific Glitches are rectified ?
  1. Limited options in setting up a match, should look like an Offline Custom match selection screen (No Pitch , Umpire Options) (Very important one for us)
  2. No way for Opponent receiving a match Invite for a Private Game to know what difficulty or match Type he is getting into.
  3. Batters behaving weirdly when running between wickets , often taking off for a second run on their own , sometimes randomly cancelling the second run no matter how much you press for the second run , doing circle run around the wickets animation , getting stuck in the middle of the pitch in a yes /no loop , glitching at the wrong moment out of the crease resulting in run outs. (Very important one for us)
  4. Batters sliding back foot out of crease playing certain shots , getting stumped.
  5. When a Match gets saved through Disconnect/Save and Exit and resumed ,either one player (or both if it was a crash on either side) will not have any preset fields to choose from , sometimes all the Logo Data for the game is also lost . (Very important one for us)
  6. All the Fielders running across the screen as if a Left-Right combination is stuffing them around , resulting in batter not being able to look at the field as they run until the bowler bowls the ball.(Very important one for us)
  7. Batter playing a 3rd man guide shot get given LBW , batter saw clearly hit ball , bowler player saw lbw .
  8. When appealing all fielders forgetting that they should still field the ball.
  9. Game sometimes not honouring fielding restrictions , letting more fielders stand outside the circle.
  10. Glitchy , sloppy fielding. Not interested in stopping balls that roll past their feet , or fielders of balls diving straight into the direction of the incoming throw , negating direct hit run out chances.
  11. Bowler will switch sides randomly without user input
  12. Bowler bowling the ball from an off the pitch position , then switches back to the right position as he delivers the ball.
  13. Bowler cannot hear nicks for caught behinds.

Last edited:
Excellent game @BigAntStudios and Ross! Love it.

I'm lost about the reflex catching - unable to take any catch!

First of all congratulations to @BigAntStudios for giving us a wonderful game. Just few hours into it and absolutely loving it. Though as expected it's not yet perfect, there are few issues which needs to be sorted out and I'm sure it will be fixed.
Here are some of the issues which in experienced :
1.In career mode I can't chose the color of kits that is gloves, pads and arm guards. The default color patterns looks ugly.
2. Cannot hit back foot cut to spinners, more often then not you will miss the shot completely or get caught behind.
3. Throws from fielders in boundary lines doesn't goes directly to keeper, most of the time it is collected by the fielder in circle.
4. AI isn't aggressive enough towards the end of the innings, played a T20 match on easiest difficulty on both batting and bowling and AI scored 156/4 without even hitting a single six. May be it is because I played on the lowest difficulty, higher difficulty may result in different approach by the AI.. Im yet to figure it out.
5. While running between the wickets the batsmen grounds the bat a bit late, almost after crossing the line.
6.Fast bowlers are bowling at least 3 bouncers in an over which is predictible and they usually bowl around outside the line of off stump or at off stump. Only on few occasions the AI would bowl at your legs.
Still the game is pretty enjoyable and I hope the devs will fixed these things up and will even bring us a greater experience of the best cricket sim ever.

To PC players are you able to select umpires and change pitch conditions in tour mode when starting a new game in a tour and has it got player stats for the tour and are you able to change team line ups in between tour matches. Any answers would be much appreciated

I have not been able to find it in the PC Version either. Can some one please let us know if there is an option to choose umpire and pitch conditions in the tour mode.

Secondly, Does tracking of scores applies to players playing this game rather than their career? @MattW
I remember DBC 14 used to have option stats earned playing this game.

Does any one knows how to advance down the wicket and hit the spinners? This feature seems to be missing.

Does anyone know how to take reflex catches? What combination of buttons/joysticks should I use?

Excellent game @BigAntStudios and Ross! Love it.

I'm lost about the reflex catching - unable to take any catch!

Yeah I've got the same problem, I'm unable during the reflex catch moment to move the Left stick 'L' into the circle, infact it doesn't move at all no matter what I do. I was wondering whether its because I'm using a crappy old PS2 controller? Although that said it seems to work fine with the rest of the game.

One thing i'd love to see, i did mention it for dbc14 but never made it to the game is when a batsmen is out LBW after no review(if in that match type)... instead of no replays i'd like it to automatically Que ball tracking. i know you can do it yourself but it's more for when playing online as you can't access that feature when playing online to my knowledge. I'd also like it to automatically do it in single player too but i go to it every time anyway just to see if i should have reviewed or umpire mistake :)

I have a 4k monitor.

I bought the game originally on ps4 connected to my 4k display but it looked really blurry at the lower non native resolution.

I was hoping to get that 4k crispiness from a PC game. Something I'd expect a PC game would have in 2017.

What do you see in your graphics control panel settings as native resolution? I once used HDMI1 cable to connect my GPU and later realized its max is HD despite having 4K display. You might want to check those settings to make sure that you are really getting 4K from your GPU otherwise whatever you see on monitor is just upscaling of lower resolution that you actually get which is nothing to do with the game.

DBC17 follows DBC14 trend, it seems not to have 4k textures. Currently I am not able to get the resolution upscaled to 4K. It's going only till 2K, and even if I modify to 4K manually in config file it gets reset when I start the game. This game doesn't even get listed in Nvidia GeForce panel to enforce optimization/resolution enhancements like other games. However in my same configuration, RLL3 runs 4K resolution extremely nice. Looks like this is not the area of interest for DBC series. ;)

Does any one knows how to advance down the wicket and hit the spinners? This feature seems to be missing.

Press/click in R3 (Right stick) to trigger 'advance down the wkt shot'. When you see your batsman with raised bat you know you can play advance down the wkt shot.

Yeah I've got the same problem, I'm unable during the reflex catch moment to move the Left stick 'L' into the circle, infact it doesn't move at all no matter what I do. I was wondering whether its because I'm using a crappy old PS2 controller? Although that said it seems to work fine with the rest of the game.

I'm using my PS4 controller and the reflex definitely feels slower and less responsive than it did on the console. Finding it near enough impossible to move the thing even close enough to the circle in time even when starting pretty much straight away. Dropped three catches at WK coz of it this evening and two of them were tweaking JAMES TREDWELL!!!

First of all congratulations to @BigAntStudios for giving us a wonderful game. 11 hours into it and I am getting into it slowly. Though as expected it's not yet perfect, there are few issues which needs to be sorted out and I'm sure it will be fixed.
Here are some of the issues which in experienced :

1: Slow response from non striker batsman while trying to take a quick single.
2: On Custom made Cricket grounds with grass banks crowd is no where to be seen or their heads are sticking out of the ground.
3: Feilding AI seems dumbed down and extremely slow to retrieve ball.
4: Custom kits of downloaded teams seems buggy. Often when playing a One dayer they still have their first class kits on. No matter if i set the default kits in Academy so they are correct.
5: Commentry says a tidy over by the bowler even though i have scored 16+ runs in a over.
6: Custom bat skins do not show up team mates bats. Always blank bats they are using even though all bats in my inventory are custom skined.
7: Playing NZ domestic matches sometimes i end up playing some games at SCG. Even though home stadiums are selected in NZ.
8: Batsman animation a little poor when returning to the crease. Gets a ball to the head sometimes when feilder throws in the ball.

This could be a great game. I have played over 400 hours of DBC 14. This could be great aswell if some of these bugs were fixed to make the experience more enjoyable. Ill look foward to future patches

Users who are viewing this thread