Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

Just took 4 wickets in 4 balls with Jimmy Anderson against the West Indies, stumps splattered for all of them.

Shame the ball only actually hit them for the last one, haha! I've put it in the bugs thread anyway, as it's a bit weird.

Edit - I know the West Indies aren't what they used to be, but this can't be right - on Medium / Medium / Pro.

Bowled.jpg

Most of the batsmen were bowled without reacting to the ball, and the ball bounced away off thin air without reaching the stumps anyway. I took 5 in 5 balls between 0.3 and 1.1 with Anderson (4 in 4) and then Stokes, and Woakes finished it off with a hat-trick. Definitely a bug or glitch of some sort anyway.

Last edited:
I kind of feel the same, I played the demo a lot but I just put it down to actually having a bowler bowling rather than the beep of the bowling machine, being a bit more panicked and not getting my thumb movements as correct.

Or I might be talking sh*t and it's a PC issue.

Not sure if this'll help you out too, but I've been working for a few days trying to find the right balance with the graphics settings, only for the performance to still not be quite there. I've just turned the crowd off though (a shame as it looks good), and finally, finally, it's playing just like DBC 14! It probably shouldn't have taken me so long to figure out why there was such a difference in performance between the ground practice mode and an actual match really. Now it feels smooth in both for the first time and I've got my timing back, without losing my high resolution graphics and high detail logos, etc. A worthwhile sacrifice in my opinion. Now I can start enjoying the game properly!

Does anybody know if the lineup bug is fixed for PC version, so when you do tours or competitions do you have to manually change lineups for both teams

Not sure if this'll help you out too, but I've been working for a few days trying to find the right balance with the graphics settings, only for the performance to still not be quite there. I've just turned the crowd off though (a shame as it looks good), and finally, finally, it's playing just like DBC 14! It probably shouldn't have taken me so long to figure out why there was such a difference in performance between the ground practice mode and an actual match really. Now it feels smooth in both for the first time and I've got my timing back, without losing my high resolution graphics and high detail logos, etc. A worthwhile sacrifice in my opinion. Now I can start enjoying the game properly!

I'd been having really bad stuttering issues despite the demo running smooth as butter. Matt told me the best thing to turn down was unfortunately character detail so I have that down on medium, ambient occlusion off, shadows on low and crowd on low. It's tolerable but not perfect.

TBH I thought my performance would be better a) given the demo was fine and I can run FIFA 17 on highest setting and b) because my setup should be somewhere in the middle of max and min specs.

I'd been having really bad stuttering issues despite the demo running smooth as butter. Matt told me the best thing to turn down was unfortunately character detail so I have that down on medium, ambient occlusion off, shadows on low and crowd on low. It's tolerable but not perfect.

TBH I thought my performance would be better a) given the demo was fine and I can run FIFA 17 on highest setting and b) because my setup should be somewhere in the middle of max and min specs.

I've got 1280 x 720 resolution with high detail characters/logos - I'd already turned off all the other stuff (except low grass, low shadows, high light glares) but lowering anything else hadn't worked - I've only just tried disabling the crowd completely and that has been the thing that's finally fixed the frame rate for me. I tried lowering resolution or character detail but it made little to no difference for me, and I didn't want to lose the visual quality anyway. I'm happy to sacrifice the crowd to get my perfect frame rate back though. See if it helps. :)

I have been reading all the posts religiously since the steam version release. Extremely happy that most of the issues in the console version have been taken care of in the steam version.

From whatever i have gathered from reading the posts, following are some remaining issues/bugs:

User Batting

1. Late cute to spinners results in superhuman keeper catching the ball (gathered from a post by @Mondy and @Waxx123)
2. If you miss sweep shot to spinners, even if your feet are behind the line, the stumping will be wrongly given out (gathered from a post by @Faizk and @Saeglopur)
3. Many a times pull shot is triggered to full deliveries instead of leg glace (gathered from a post by @Mondy and @BRAB)

User Running Between Wickets

1. The batsman grounds the bat a bit late, almost after crossing the line (gathered from a post by @sandy50)
2. Slow response of non-striker when calling for single (gathered from a post by @Jukka Jalava and @Giraffe)

User Bowling and Fielding

1. Preset fields don't apply properly (gathered from a post by @Tunza and @Mondy)

AI Running Between Wickets

1. AI takes one run less than available (gathered from a post by @chintoo02018)

AI Bowling and Fielding

1. AI field placement needs improvement (quite a lot of people have spoken about it)
2. Slow reactions by fielders to stop singles
3. Slow reaction of wicket keeper to dislodge bails in run out opportunities

Career Mode

1. Wrong average of career player in My player (gathered from a post by @DavidTheMan)
2. Dynamic lineups not working as intended (gathered from a post by @FollowOn)
3. Incorrect uniforms (gathered from a post by @Fissionmailed)
4. Players in 2 places at once (gathered from a post by @Fissionmailed)

General

1. Problems in DRS (gathered by a post by @zaidbaby)
2. Leg byes given as byes (gathered from a post by @DAP)

Guys I have tried to sum up as much as possible. I am sorry if I have wrongly referenced someone.
Obviously there may be some other issues/bugs not included above.
Hope this helps @BigAntStudios
Really want this game to improve as much as possible. This is already a great product.

I've got 1280 x 720 resolution with high detail characters/logos - I'd already turned off all the other stuff (except low grass, low shadows, high light glares) but lowering anything else hadn't worked - I've only just tried disabling the crowd completely and that has been the thing that's finally fixed the frame rate for me. I tried lowering resolution or character detail but it made little to no difference for me, and I didn't want to lose the visual quality anyway. I'm happy to sacrifice the crowd to get my perfect frame rate back though. See if it helps. :)

I'll give it a bash, cheers for the tip!

I'll give it a bash, cheers for the tip!

No problem - I wish I'd known days ago that the crowd was the problem, haha! I've been trying to disable or lower everything to get it running properly and that was all it took. Finally, it feels exactly as it should with no delay!

Once I disabled the crowd, I was able to get Anti-Aliasing back on with no problem, but I haven't tried reactivating anything like Bloom or Depth Of Field back on yet - that might be asking too much, but I might try tonight and see if the perfect frame rate holds up now the crowd's gone, just in case.

Last edited:
I have been reading all the posts religiously since the steam version release. Extremely happy that most of the issues in the console version have been taken care of in the steam version.

From whatever i have gathered from reading the posts, following are some remaining issues/bugs:

User Batting

1. Late cute to spinners results in superhuman keeper catching the ball (gathered from a post by @Mondy and @Waxx123)
2. If you miss sweep shot to spinners, even if your feet are behind the line, the stumping will be wrongly given out (gathered from a post by @Faizk and @Saeglopur)
3. Many a times pull shot is triggered to full deliveries instead of leg glace (gathered from a post by @Mondy and @BRAB)

User Running Between Wickets

1. The batsman grounds the bat a bit late, almost after crossing the line (gathered from a post by @sandy50)
2. Slow response of non-striker when calling for single (gathered from a post by @Jukka Jalava and @Giraffe)

User Bowling and Fielding

1. Preset fields don't apply properly (gathered from a post by @Tunza and @Mondy)

AI Running Between Wickets

1. AI takes one run less than available (gathered from a post by @chintoo02018)

AI Bowling and Fielding

1. AI field placement needs improvement (quite a lot of people have spoken about it)
2. Slow reactions by fielders to stop singles
3. Slow reaction of wicket keeper to dislodge bails in run out opportunities

Career Mode

1. Wrong average of career player in My player (gathered from a post by @DavidTheMan)
2. Dynamic lineups not working as intended (gathered from a post by @FollowOn)
3. Incorrect uniforms (gathered from a post by @Fissionmailed)
4. Players in 2 places at once (gathered from a post by @Fissionmailed)

General

1. Problems in DRS (gathered by a post by @zaidbaby)
2. Leg byes given as byes (gathered from a post by @DAP)

Guys I have tried to sum up as much as possible. I am sorry if I have wrongly referenced someone.
Obviously there may be some other issues/bugs not included above.
Hope this helps @BigAntStudios
Really want this game to improve as much as possible. This is already a great product.

Fantastic post mate.

Also rotation can be made either way clock or anti clock wise..Its just the starting and finishing point that needs to be the same...

This is not true for all delivery types. For some, when I rotate in the wrong direction, the bar turns red.[DOUBLEPOST=1484993989][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there a way to reset academy and have it back to on disk version? I think I have a lot of duplicate players downloaded and want to start a career. BTW on PC @MattW @BigAntStudios

You can remove your save files from DBC 17 in My Games folder. You will also lose your saved games.

This is not true for all delivery types. For some, when I rotate in the wrong direction, the bar turns red

Thats when you start one direction for very slightly and go the other way it just circles in red no matter what..

Users who are viewing this thread