Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

The game would be so much fun if the commentary was done with enthusiasm. As you saw in the lbw video I posted here, it was first ball of the game yet no enthusiasm from the commentators, same happened when I took the hatrick.

Having put up with 1000 hours or so of the commentary on DBC 14, the few videos I saw from the consoles were all I needed to decide on turning the commentary off as soon as I got the game on PC. I agree that it seems really out of place somehow, and having played some of the early PES games, I've got a pretty high tolerance for awful commentary, haha! I still need to play around with some of the other settings to get the matchday atmosphere right though - I think turning the crowd volume up will probably help so I'll try that later.

Incidentally, does anyone either 'in the know' or with a better memory than I going back to the DBC 14 release, have any idea when we might start to see a few more updates trickling through for the PC? I'm well aware it's only been 3-4 days since release, though it certainly feels like a lot longer while I'm holding back on starting anything serious until some of the more major remaining bugs are sorted. I know fixes will be ready when they're ready, and at least with Steam it's easier to update little things progressively, just curious if anyone has any better idea as to if we can expect something in a few days, a week or two, or anything?

Hi guys, is there a way to import my career player profile 'look' into dbc17? I've searched the forums and can't find an answer (sorry if there is one) but I really don't want to spend all that time making him look like a handsome version of me again :)

Cheers.
You mean a created player from DBC14? you can import a DBC14 player, when you do a search... right at the bottom there is a filter where you can pick DBC14 academy..

The game would be so much fun if the commentary was done with enthusiasm. As you saw in the lbw video I posted here, it was first ball of the game yet no enthusiasm from the commentators, same happened when I took the hatrick.

Commentrary is just terrible, rather turn up crowd sounds etc. DB14 commentary was bad but I reckon it was better than this!

Can anybody tell me how to add a bonus point system for ODI tournament (3-4 nation)?

I hope they fix the problem of the super human wicket keeper.

I thought the issue of superhuman wkt keeper was fixed and you could play late cut shots against spinners without the wkt keeper jumping across slips and gully to snaffle the catch. @grkrama confirmed it in one of his posts a couple of days ago. If it hasn't been fixed then yeah it should be posted as a PC bug in the bugs thread. I don't see it anywhere in the bugs thread and hopefully you can post it as a bug at the following thread...
DBC17 Bug Reporting - Steam Version | Page 4 - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

It would be better if it shows player name instead of fielder 1, 2 and so on. That way we can set fields easily based on player attributes. Please try to look into this :) Thank you

01.20.2017 - 19.19.08.04.png

It would be better if it shows player name instead of fielder 1, 2 and so on. That way we can set fields easily based on player attributes. Please try to look into this :) Thank you

View attachment 180409

Currently , its near impossible to put specific players into specific spots , something that should be looked at .

Subtle details. Going into a low camera angle on a replay in a night match and watching the arc of the bat pass in front of the glare of the lights. :clap

I assume they mean it would be nice to start as an existing player at domestic level to skip the club stuff, but still having to earn your international place? At least that was my interpretation...

Exactly. Say I want to play as Ryan Gibson (up and coming NSW bat, just picked him off the top of my head), I don't want to be selected for Australia right away because it would be ridiculous. I do however want to pick him up and play him from where he is atm instead of having to download him into a rookie career and grind through club mode. Personally I find that as the fun in career mode, not the destination of international cricket but the journey there.

Different issue but I am having some serious troubles with running. My judgement is shocking and I am to blame for about half of the dismissals, but I just played a test match where I ran out 7 people in four or five overs. Mainly because either the striker or non striker were just standing there for a couple of seconds. Marsh ran out Warner because Warner played a drive, hesitated for a sec then sprinted through a run and while I was waiting for Marsh to start running I accidentally pressed it again so Warner started on his second before Marsh was 3/4 down the pitch

Guys, when fielding how to throw the ball back without touching the boundary or taking the ball into the boundary. Whenever I safely stop the ball the fielder when throws the ball steps onto the boundary

Guys, when fielding how to throw the ball back without touching the boundary or taking the ball into the boundary. Whenever I safely stop the ball the fielder when throws the ball steps onto the boundary
on PS4 hit the triangle just before he gets to the ball, he will then flick it back from the boundary for another fielder to pick up ;)

Did anyone also notice that when batsmen or bowlers comes no stats are shown just their names. I loved the stats thing in DBC14. Will it be brought back ?

Casual match, facing the Aussies, first ball of the innings, Anderson to bowl...

Splattered_III.jpg

No, really mate, take your time, haha! It flew past his ankles and crashed right into the leg-side of middle stump. He didn't even move. :lol

Users who are viewing this thread