Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

Talking about footwork what's changed the game for me is figuring out that playing at 12 o'clock for front foot and 6 o'clock for backfoot is OK if the ball is straight or going down leg, but if you want to reach a ball out side off you need to bangs your footwork to 2:00 or 8:00 o'clock. Same if you want to get good connection for a ball going down leg.

In DBC14 I never had to bother. Just played everything with the LS at 12:00.

Apologies if this was obvious to everyone and I just figured it out.

Talking about footwork what's changed the game for me is figuring out that playing at 12 o'clock for front foot and 6 o'clock for backfoot is OK if the ball is straight or going down leg, but if you want to reach a ball out side off you need to bangs your footwork to 2:00 or 8:00 o'clock. Same if you want to get good connection for a ball going down leg.

In DBC14 I never had to bother. Just played everything with the LS at 12:00.

Apologies if this was obvious to everyone and I just figured it out.
really? DBC14 wqas that easy? -- lol i played DBC14 exactly like im playing DBC17, ie get foot to pitch of ball to play shot, left right forward and back --- probably because I played cricket to under 19 provincial level -- it just comes naturally.

really? DBC14 wqas that easy? -- lol i played DBC14 exactly like im playing DBC17, ie get foot to pitch of ball to play shot, left right forward and back --- probably because I played cricket to under 19 provincial level -- it just comes naturally.

It was for me. Could plant myself on the front foot and as long as I got the timing right I was smoking them everywhere. Rarely played on the backfoot. Never moved the LS stick.

Yeah many even I knew played that way 12'o clock and slog was the online summary for any shot..This now brings way more depth when online gets smoother experience it would just have really good depth...[DOUBLEPOST=1485514991][/DOUBLEPOST]And not many have mentioned but there's a really good looking animation shot for short ball being played in Mid on region..

Dear Friends

First of all I want to purchase the game but my questions is if my brother want to play the game with my same stream user id then we both can be play the game at same time ?

We are leaving diffrent street.

Looking for forwards for the satisfied answer.
Thanks in Advance

Dear Friends

First of all I want to purchase the game but my questions is if my brother want to play the game with my same stream user id then we both can be play the game at same time ?

We are leaving diffrent street.

Looking for forwards for the satisfied answer.
Thanks in Advance

Nope, you can only play the game from one pc at a time using the same id

Still same issue after update. 2 players of same name not fixed yet. Please fix it.
View attachment 180915

Have you checked you don't have two players in your Academy?

Given no one else seems to be having the issue anymore, I wouldn't be surprised if you're just being lazy and assuming it's bug, when in reality you could have two Kohlis in your Academy

Hello fellow cricket lovers,
Does anyone here use custom difficulty. I was wondering if people could post their modifier numbers. I was thinking about using custom difficulty. Would love to know what modifier number closely resembles a real experience in both batting and bowling. Thanks all.

After hitting almost 25 hrs in game I can say that there are quite some bugs here and there but major game breaking deal is the game play itself or rather I should say AI responsiveness towards different situations. I clocked 200hrs of DBC14 and my only complain from the game was same as above, and I must say it is disappointing for me personally that it hasn't changed much in DBC17. Now I'll try make you understand what I exactly want to point out. I play a lot of casual T20 matches and I have noticed a fixed Ai pattern, i.e it will play attacking cricket only in first 6 overs. In the first 6 over you will see quite a few lofted shots from the AI but as soon as you spread the field after 6 overs the Ai completely goes on to defensive mode. I understand that at the end of the day its a virtual world and we can't expect 100% realism. But this fixed Ai pattern will hurt you after a while when you finally realize that you can bowl the last 14 overs of a T20 match with a similar field without Ai forcing you to change you strategy even once. I can completely understand the toning down of attacking shots by AI after first 6 overs, but the AI doesn't even tries to nab singles and keep the scoreboard ticking..there will be an odd boundary here and there, but never seen AI to go after bad balls. The last 5 overs are even worst.. you don't need to change your pace or hurl a bouncer or try to attack the stumps with a perfect yorker because you know the AI wont go after your bowling to maximize those last 5 overs.. in fact the AI hardly tries to play lofted shots in last overs. You can get away with bowling same delivery throughout last overs. In simple words you don't need to be at your best while bowling to restrict the AI from scoring big shots which takes away the whole excitement from the game. The real problem isn't the AI unable to hit big, but actually shows no effort to go after the bowling in last few overs, nor it shows any sense of emergency with growing required rate while chasing. May be I'm sounding silly as expecting too much realism from a game but personally speaking these things kill the game for me after a time. Though despite all this I can say this has been the best cricket game I ever played and will easily hit 200 hrs on it.

Just downloaded my copy from Steam yesterday...

Amazing improvements over DBC 14 in all areas

Just wanted to know if the Academy has the Bats with real sponsors?? (as i have seen several youtube videos of players with real kits & bats)

Just wanted to know if the Academy has the Bats with real sponsors?? (as i have seen several youtube videos of players with real kits & bats)

yes, you can search them separately and assign or download teams from academy made by casper, friedlele7, fissionmailed.

@grkrama Was amazed to see your videos which yyou have uploaded on youtube & on this forum...

Awesome graphics & editing...especially the 360 degree capture of replays....

the graphics look v v superb...

1. I would like to try getting close to it on my laptop...

can you share your graphics screenshots...?

2. I am comfortable with the broadcast camera ever since DBC 14 (only till the ball is hit )

Is there a way to get the broadcast camera like in the "Ground practice mode" which gives an almost actual TV like feeling , like the camera capturing from the sight screen. Have seen a video of your where you have discussed regarding the same...Awesome it is...I wish they include it in the main gameplay in future patches...
THe current Broadcast camera while fielding or running is like a Spider / drone camera, hardly giving the real feel...

THe only real feel is in the batting broadcast camera till the ball is hit by the batsman...

Which camera angle combo do you suggest which can give a more closer feel to the real TV broadcast

Thanx in advance man...[DOUBLEPOST=1485584434][/DOUBLEPOST]
yes, you can search them separately and assign or download teams from academy made by casper, friedlele7, fissionmailed.

many thanx dude...will definitely try...

the link you shared seems of Cricket 07?

How to leave a ball in DBC 17? also How to hit a advanced Shot in DBC 17?

@kushari @grkrama seek your guidance on the following....

Just downloaded my DBC 17 from steam.....massive improvement over DBC 14 in almost all areas (except small bugs which will surely get ironed out in future updates...

I have win 8.1(64 bit), Intel i7-4500 @ 1.8/2.40 Ghz , 8GB RAM , and AMD Radeon HD 8850M (2GB) card on my laptop

I faced several small stutterings with the crowds enabled...the sharpness looked extra & weird..I wish to get those smooth textures of palyers & overall like in those several youtube videos. I cant make out if I wish to get close to those graphics, whether i will neeed max settings or lower settings....but somehow they feel good to the eyes...
I think i will have to tweak around a little...

can you suggest me ideal settings to enable / disable... as to what to play around with especially to remove the sharpness of the textures...is it the bloom or flares or ambient occlusion...

awaiting your reply

Thanx in advance....

How to leave a ball in DBC 17? also How to hit a advanced Shot in DBC 17?

Leave the ball - Press the Left stick ( can be customised to A in settings)

Advance shot - Before the ball is deivered press the Right stick to toggle on the advanced shhot & then when the ball is delivered push the Right stick in deisred direction

Users who are viewing this thread