Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

What's the AI bowling choices issue?

I've only been following vaguely, but I gather that the AI doesn't use all it's bowlers, and that any bowlers that do bowl in shorter games will always bowl their allotted overs, so there's not much variety, from what I understand. I'm not sure if it was this thread or elsewhere that people were talking about it though.

Edit - Sorry, my connection was playing up. Ignore the double post below, not sure how to delete it on my phone (edit - never mind, sorted).''

Last edited:
Also how to play advanced shot like coming down the wicket. Can't see it in controls.
R3 or press the Right stick..Thats the advance down mode, click once again to normal shot mode..It is shown with higher bat raise when pressed in game..

Those with the PC version of the game can you confirm whether or not you can finally check your player stats outside of the match menu? I am talking about career mode ofcourse.

Those with the PC version of the game can you confirm whether or not you can finally check your player stats outside of the match menu? I am talking about career mode ofcourse.

You sure can.

R3 or press the Right stick..Thats the advance down mode, click once again to normal shot mode..It is shown with higher bat raise when pressed in game..

Thanks mate. I was wondering why the best teams doesn't come with the correct logos of the team ?

I nicked the ball but players didn't appeal yet umpire gave me out. This is illogical :p

Couple of question until the game while the game is being downloaded
1)Does the game track stats for all players invoved in career mode for multiple season?
2)When cranking up the pace through modifiers does it still shows unrealistic/immersion breaker speeds?
3)One more thing does the dynamic line up issue solved yet?

Does anyone know if the following is a bug.
1. Striker stands for a very long time after playing his shot before he starts the run. Gets run out a lot. Some of us do play as the non-striker so this can be annoying.
2. Big appeal from the players when the batsman clearly hits the ball playing forward defensive shot. Has happened a lot, yet to be given out.
3. AI batsman and human player given out run out when over the crease.

Played 13 games in career mode and this is definitely a improvement on DB14. I enjoy it very much and am thankful that we don't play very much at the MCG!

Can any PC user confirm if field editor bug is resolved? The one in which your selected fields are not set and fields are set randomly?

@MattW - just purchased my PC version today. Whenever I see the replay, game starts lagging but while batting, it works like a charm. Do I need to tweak any settings? It's just annoying.

My system specs - i7 -6700HQ, 16 GB ram with NVidia GTX 970M so it can't be a graphic issue. Please help anyone!!

Last edited:
@MattW - just purchased my PC version today. Whenever I see the replay, game starts lagging but while batting, it works like a charm. Do I need to tweak any settings? It's just annoying.

My system specs - i7 -6700HQ, 16 GB ram with NVidia GT760M so it can't be a graphic issue. Please help anyone!!

That's a pretty old card dude, is it resolved by lowering your settings?

Anyone with a career in progress able to say if duplicate players have been fixed? I think I'm going to bite tomorrow when pay comes in, :p.

UI improvements, more career equipment options and of course a better selection of shots are all very promising signs.
Definitely fixed

Users who are viewing this thread