Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

First of all congratulations to @BigAntStudios for giving us a wonderful game. 11 hours into it and I am getting into it slowly. Though as expected it's not yet perfect, there are few issues which needs to be sorted out and I'm sure it will be fixed.
Here are some of the issues which in experienced :

1: Slow response from non striker batsman while trying to take a quick single.
2: On Custom made Cricket grounds with grass banks crowd is no where to be seen or their heads are sticking out of the ground.
3: Feilding AI seems dumbed down and extremely slow to retrieve ball.
4: Custom kits of downloaded teams seems buggy. Often when playing a One dayer they still have their first class kits on. No matter if i set the default kits in Academy so they are correct.
5: Commentry says a tidy over by the bowler even though i have scored 16+ runs in a over.
6: Custom bat skins do not show up team mates bats. Always blank bats they are using even though all bats in my inventory are custom skined.
7: Playing NZ domestic matches sometimes i end up playing some games at SCG. Even though home stadiums are selected in NZ.
8: Batsman animation a little poor when returning to the crease. Gets a ball to the head sometimes when feilder throws in the ball.

This could be a great game. I have played over 400 hours of DBC 14. This could be great aswell if some of these bugs were fixed to make the experience more enjoyable. Ill look foward to future patches
The heads sticking out of bank is not a bug, it is due to stands being placed under the banks to try to resemble an embankment. If it's not brought right to the surface of the bank it will result in this happening. Would be great to have the option of a populated bank though

Has anyone else noticed that your fielders in career mode during grade cricket are absolutely woeful?
I had this problem in my first career (PS4) and found that a State level team mate had zero for all attributes. He was the team's leading wicket taker but constantly dropped catches.

T20 feels like a weird choice for grade cricket, especially for bowlers.

Not enough time to get wickets and it's super hard to bowl maidens as well. Avenue for experience seems cut off a lot.

50 over matches would have been great. 10 overs to bowl in this case gives you more chances to gain wickets and get into the domestic scene.

Obviously Q/A would have tested all formats and seen what worked best. I wonder what the logic behind T20 was though
I agree. I'm assuming that it was to get players through the club level experience as quickly as possible.

Just to repeat a couple of things that have been said already. It is nearly impossible to cut off the spinners. The keeper catches it every time.

I still find that the batsmen will play a wild pull shot when you're actually trying to play a leg glance. That might be as a result of my controller. (I do love the push off the hip shot).

It drives me crazy that after spending time on a field and clicking apply all that a new batsmen will have a preset field applied to it - which are, in the main, rubbish.

I know you don't play the game for commentary, but while the voices have changed the script is near identical to DBC14 and what's said is often wrong. Maiden overs that aren't maidens.

Has anyone else experienced the umpire signalling one short ball (a tap of the shoulder) off a leg spinner?! Yes, it's usually when I put more bounce on the ball, but it get's nowhere near to shoulder height.

And I did have one moment where the ball hit my body, I ran a single and it was marked as a bye.

Can I just clarify - if I set the controller difficulty option to easy does that mean that the ball marker will appear earlier? And is that the only thing affected?

Still loving the game. Love how you can now beat batsmen in flight and get them stumped. I just wished the ball turned more, or even hinted at turning (I'm playing as a leggie). I'm hoping that as the skill level increases, turn starts to occur.

Alright, simmed to my Australian First class debut and both teams are playing in their one day uniforms, backed out and checked what the default uniforms are and they are correctly assigned.

Restarted the career mode and the issue is still there.

Seems I was wrong yesterday about whoever it was having this issue.

Alright, simmed to my Australian First class debut and both teams are playing in their one day uniforms, backed out and checked what the default uniforms are and they are correctly assigned.

Restarted the career mode and the issue is still there.

Seems I was wrong yesterday about whoever it was having this issue.

Have the same issue except it plays T20I's in the Test kits. Defaults have been correctly assigned as well. I've checked with Star careers of multiple players and the same thing happens. Really annoying

Camera for DBC 14 was Best , need more smother camera while bowling ,AI batsman hits the there camera to be still , Camera running mode is not working

What do you see in your graphics control panel settings as native resolution? I once used HDMI1 cable to connect my GPU and later realized its max is HD despite having 4K display. You might want to check those settings to make sure that you are really getting 4K from your GPU otherwise whatever you see on monitor is just upscaling of lower resolution that you actually get which is nothing to do with the game.

DBC17 follows DBC14 trend, it seems not to have 4k textures. Currently I am not able to get the resolution upscaled to 4K. It's going only till 2K, and even if I modify to 4K manually in config file it gets reset when I start the game. This game doesn't even get listed in Nvidia GeForce panel to enforce optimization/resolution enhancements like other games. However in my same configuration, RLL3 runs 4K resolution extremely nice. Looks like this is not the area of interest for DBC series. ;)

Definitely running at 4k(UHD) resolution 3840x2160. Using a display port cable and I play other games at 4k settings. I hope they add support in the future.

Definitely running at 4k(UHD) resolution 3840x2160. Using a display port cable and I play other games at 4k settings. I hope they add support in the future.

I wish they do too. Their own RLL3 has this support(it even comes in game screen settings to change to 4k resolution), no clue why it was ignored for cricket version.
If anyone could run this game in 4k mode, would be interested how. I gave up trying it as none worked.

Yeah I've got the same problem, I'm unable during the reflex catch moment to move the Left stick 'L' into the circle, infact it doesn't move at all no matter what I do. I was wondering whether its because I'm using a crappy old PS2 controller? Although that said it seems to work fine with the rest of the game.
Not having any luck reproducing this - basically every controller in the office that doesn't work in the game can't even bowl - so I can't get to a situation where you can catch. Every controller that works for bowling, works for reflex catching.

I saw mention elsewhere that someone had luck by deleting their controller drivers and then plugging the controller in again.

I'd just note that only the Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers have been extensively tested with the PC version of the game, they are the only ones we'd recommend.

Not having any luck reproducing this - basically every controller in the office that doesn't work in the game can't even bowl - so I can't get to a situation where you can catch. Every controller that works for bowling, works for reflex catching.

I saw mention elsewhere that someone had luck by deleting their controller drivers and then plugging the controller in again.

I'd just note that only the Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers have been extensively tested with the PC version of the game, they are the only ones we'd recommend.

Matt, hope Big Ant is trying its best to sort out the preset fields' bug, as it results in changing the course of the game big time. It seems to exist even on the PC version, as I have the PS4 as well as the PC version.

Thanks a ton for such a great game, Big Ant & Team!!!

What was the question mate?

Sorry my bad..

Has the following issues been fixed in steam/pc version?

Batting
1. Drive from point to cover region
2. Glance/flick to fine leg
3. Cut to fine third man
4. Late Cut against spinners (as wicketkeeper always catches the ball)
5. Straight drive against spinners (as they always field the ball)
6. Backfoot drives
7. Batsman dragging the bat before the crease while running between wickets
8. Current and required run rate?
9. Batsman timing meter feedback?
10. Pull shot to full deliveries intead of glance

Bowling
1. Can spinners ball wider as currently they tend to ball too straight no matter how hard u try
2. Can we set field for all batsman just like in dbc 14
3. Easier way to navigate pre set fields just like in dbc 14.. right now its too cumbersome

AI fielding
1. Right now its too easy to take singles of every ball. The fielders are too slow. Has it been fixed?
2. Does the wicketkeeper quickly dislodges the bails?
3. The AI many a times drops very simple catches even at veteran and legend difficulty. Has it been fixed?
4. The AI field placement? Currently they are too attacking i feel
5. Diving?

Career mode
1. Do we have detailed career player stats separate screen just like in dbc 14?
2. Duplicate players issue?
3. Dynamic line up just picks the best rated players. Has this been fixed?
4. International selection problem? Eg. England
5. Simulate match to increase stats issue?
6. Not out doesnt count

General
1. Can we play in custom created grounds without lag/stutter?
2. Change line up issue in casual match
3. Camera angles
4. Commentary in general

I know its a long list but would be great if we could know what all is fixed.

Last edited:
Just realized that there are cumulative stats for all players in career mode but they only get shown during match (when particular batsmen or bowler comes to bat/bowl) , wish they could make it as a separate tab in career mode main screen , just like current season stats tab.

Couldn't ask for anything more 10/10 for me , (Just hoping that dynamic lineup fix along with improved player development/regression and new regen players every season will make it in the next patch)

@MattW @BigAntStudios

PC ONLINE GAME PLAY

There is so much delay in batsman playing the shot after the ball is delivered and then batsman suddenly swings the bat (doesn't look smooth). In DBC 14 this is very nicely balanced by making a little slow motion at jump release. Can we have the same kind of experience here in DBC17 or is there any other way to fix this...Please look into this in the coming patches...

DBC17 online game play

DBC14 online gameplay with slow motion at jump release

Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread