Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I have Nvidia Optimus Technology with Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia GT540. Don Bradman Cricket is using Integrated GPU (Intel) by default. I think Big Ant should take steps to use optimus technology for users like me. Also "cricket14.exe" is not in the list of games in nvidia control panel.

Guys can anyone tell me the user who made these faces! Looks class <3 ... I am not able to find it on the online community..

Attachments

• bac-14-001.jpg
    bac-14-001.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 36
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the 1007 pages of this thread, but where did all the edges go?

EDIT: And on cue I get a healthy outside edge and my keeper dives half heartedly and drops it.
Do you have to move the LAS to initiate a dive even during edges? Not sure I can react that quickly

Last edited:
I know it's probably a bit disingenuous to try and make proper criticisms of the game from doing something so ridiculous as that, but I haven't had a single no ball yet in well over 2000 deliveries... Could be something to do with it being on rookie?
Yes, it is.

In career mode, my captain never makes me stand in any other position other than deep third man, short third man and slip and rarely the point. I have have really good attributes and I have no idea why this is happening. Anyone knows why?

Also didn't they say that the fields were improved? I still have a combination of mid on and long on or extra cover and deep extra cover positions being manned by the opposition players. While leaving the offside open is okay in a four day/test match but in P40s or ODIs shouldn't the field be spread out? The fields are almost always aggressive.

other than deep third man

You're prolly not "the funny one" in the team. They usually get to chill out wherever they like in slips or point, mostly to chat about "politics and religion" with the batsman...

You're prolly not "the funny one" in the team. They usually get to chill out wherever they like in slips or point, mostly to chat about "politics and religion" with the batsman...
I'd be surprised if they let you field then...

In career mode, my captain never makes me stand in any other position other than deep third man, short third man and slip and rarely the point. I have have really good attributes and I have no idea why this is happening. Anyone knows why?

Also didn't they say that the fields were improved? I still have a combination of mid on and long on or extra cover and deep extra cover positions being manned by the opposition players. While leaving the offside open is okay in a four day/test match but in P40s or ODIs shouldn't the field be spread out? The fields are almost always aggressive.

Aye....third man for me too......hardly anything comes down to be fielded let alone to catch.

I used to keep, believe it or not. Then slip... because I'm useless under a high-ball (cue @ethybubs)

I haven't checked in for a while. No changes have come through I assume? Are there any updates regarding balls always going a little in the air and being caught?

To be honest, I doubt I'll play the game again until that is fixed. This game takes up a lot of time and right now, too much time for a game that I find so frustrating when batting. It's so frustrating to the point where it is unenjoyable. I think that if short cover = guaranteed catch off cover drive (or near-enough to it) then something is significantly wrong with the game.

It's a big shame because this wasn't an issue pre-patch, and the patch fixed so many things that I wouldn't want to go back to before it.

I haven't checked in for a while. No changes have come through I assume? Are there any updates regarding balls always going a little in the air and being caught?

To be honest, I doubt I'll play the game again until that is fixed. This game takes up a lot of time and right now, too much time for a game that I find so frustrating when batting. It's so frustrating to the point where it is unenjoyable. I think that if short cover = guaranteed catch off cover drive (or near-enough to it) then something is significantly wrong with the game.

It's a big shame because this wasn't an issue pre-patch, and the patch fixed so many things that I wouldn't want to go back to before it.
Still no word on whether Patch#3 will fix that, or any estimate on when Patch#3 will arrive.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - waiting now for that issue to be fixed before putting any real time into the game.

Still no word on whether Patch#3 will fix that, or any estimate on when Patch#3 will arrive.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - waiting now for that issue to be fixed before putting any real time into the game.

I played loads more of the EA games (patched) and Brian Lara 2005 than I have Bradman, despite those games being significantly worse. It's probably because back then I was a kid with more time on my hand to play long cricket games and get over the frustrations. I suppose that now I don't have as much time for gaming, so if I'm going to sit down for an hour and play a game I don't have as much tolerance for frustrating bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread