Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I'm playing more online now as it's more forgiving. The humans seem to get proper edges that the AI never gets. The game against the AI at the moment is a chore no matter what level you're on. The bowling (excellent mechanic, most intuitive bowling mechanic) has no real reward because you either hit the middle of their bat or miss completely. You don't feel like you can set a batsman up and you end up just bowling until the computer makes a mistake. The batting struggles at the moment again with the ridiculous fields and the problems with the inputs/change of pace which has already been discussed.

I actually feel that the game is better built for career mode because you see it less because you only bowl so many overs etc, but if you play any other mode these all become evident especially how choresome the bowling is. This game is ever so close to being awesome, but something needs to be done re the balancing of the AI and their batting in patch 3 otherwise the only way to play it will be online/career.

Yes if only could fine more time then pretty much online only for me too until patch 3. Agree pretty much with wavelberry comments, especially the bowling.

I have tried using all the buttons in the gamepad, can someone please tell which is the button to walk away when the umpire doesnt give out?

Doesn't work for me either. Is it a case of the "window" for walking being too short or something? You should be given plenty of time, especially well after the umpire has said no (as tends to happen with those filthy walkers, they give the umpire a chance...)

I have never once managed to walk despite repeatedly doing that in a huge variety of situations online and offline.

Too eager for the achievement eh?

The only time an Aussie walks is if his cars outta petrol or there's no taxis to pick him up from the local watering hole at 2am!

there's no taxis to pick him up from the local watering hole at 2am!

That's not my experience of it. I wondered if the guy who had just got in his car and driven off was worried about being stopped by the police. Then someone told me "he is the police".[DOUBLEPOST=1408445734][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry... Pom's talking about walking... more upside down than planet of the apes.

You taught us well...

Going back to Wavelberry's point above, is there actually anything built into the game that does allow you to set an AI batsman up with your bowling or does the AI decision making make no reference to earlier deliveries? It would be nice to feel that if you bowl 5 out swingers the AI (particularly lower order) batsman might premeditate the same for the 6th, giving you the opportunity to bring one back in for an lbw or bowled chance...or even a bat-pad catch to silly mid-on. I only play career mode so haven't experienced what it's like to try to bowl across an entire test match...but would hope that it is not just a case of bowling anything until the batsman makes an unforced error. Anyone know how AI batsmen react to prior deliveries...if at all?

Going back to Wavelberry's point above, is there actually anything built into the game that does allow you to set an AI batsman up with your bowling or does the AI decision making make no reference to earlier deliveries? It would be nice to feel that if you bowl 5 out swingers the AI (particularly lower order) batsman might premeditate the same for the 6th, giving you the opportunity to bring one back in for an lbw or bowled chance...or even a bat-pad catch to silly mid-on. I only play career mode so haven't experienced what it's like to try to bowl across an entire test match...but would hope that it is not just a case of bowling anything until the batsman makes an unforced error. Anyone know how AI batsmen react to prior deliveries...if at all?

I am yet to see how the batsmen react to prior deliveries. The game definitely rewards you for bowling well, but it seems to be just on a ball by ball basis. The only sense in which the previous balls may affect the next one would be that if you bowl bad balls and get hit for 4, the AI confidence will rise. That's different though to bowling 3 outswingers and then an inswinger, trying to set him up. I do not think that happens, but also appreciate it would be very difficult to implement properly.

Users who are viewing this thread