Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

A ball kissed the thigh pad on its way to the keeper and there was an appeal from the opposition. I think that's the first I've seen of that

I want to have more stats on the scorecard @BigAntStudios. Batsman spider or wagon wheel should be always there to measure the ability of playing all sorts of shots.

A ball kissed the thigh pad on its way to the keeper and there was an appeal from the opposition. I think that's the first I've seen of that
These sort of things make this game more enjoyable and realistic. mind you, umpire can give you out when in actual you are not. I mean there are umpire howlers in the game.

@A-RRR, I believe Ross said that they're not looking to implement any changes in the stats presentation in patches and it may have to wait for future versions. I have no idea about programming or development so I don't know how easy/hard it is to add extra columns in scorecard for maidens, or to change the presentation to the standard (M)atches (I)nns (NO) (R)uns (A)verage and possibly strike rate.

In future it would be nice if it was presented correctly for the different formats, as well as maybe the odd pop up during the cut scenes with your season/tour stats and your form/scores for your last 6 or so matches. I'm a bit of a stats fanatic unfortunately, I still love how the BBC's test matches used to present them and the lists of record scores or parterships etc as Sky sports still do it now. I think to be fair its obvious to all that BA are trying to get the gameplay right and patch whatever bugs/problems to get that done for DB14, but with the amount of detail and post release support they've put in and continue to do, I have no doubt these sort of graphical touches will eventually make it into DB15/16.

Last edited:
Something funny happened to me just awhile ago, I was batting and played a shot to the on-side, midwicket prevented a sly single and pinged the stumps.
Thing is, the ball just stayed close to the base of the stump right after, and I tried to run, partially to test out a theory.
Sure enough, the bowler came and simply broke the now bail-less stumps again and I was given out. :P

Forgot just how fun this game can be, for all it's flaws (on 360 at least) there are things that are still fun about it. Now if only I could bat without rage quitting

I have a feeling that this legend mode is only for T20 and ODI, not for Test matches, batsmen playing shots all over the park from the first ball in legend mode :facepalm

I remember discovering this commentary name when the academy first came out, first time I've heard it :lol

w8B6skF.png

I wonder if this is some kind of inside joke at BigAnt?

Users who are viewing this thread