Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

how to install patch in dbc14

steam update automatically option work

if yes how to know the game is updated or not

Having had the game now since its release here in South Africa and reading the posts about all the so called “game breaking” bugs that still exist in the game, I thought I would just mention the following:

1. In Ashes 2010, the last proper cricket game on pc, I played for an hour, then had opening partnerships of 800+ runs on the highest level. DBC however, score 100 in one game the next out for a duck.

2. The bowling sucked in Ashes 2010 because you only had to find the magic spot on the pitch and you got a wicket every ball. In DBC you have to work at your bowling. Yes, your plans do not always work, as in real cricket, but sometimes they do work.

3. Field placements were not an issue in Ashes 2010 due to point 2. In DBC you have to think about it because what works against openers do not always work against tail enders.

4. Personally I feel the bugs that still exist make you realise that you are playing a game. As far as the bug where the first ball of an innings is skipped, I have been out for duck three times due to this, but here is the work around. Wait until you see if your team is batting first. If they are don’t simulate to career player, just wait until you see your player walking out to bat and the bug does not occur, it take 30 seconds so really no big deal, unless I play this game until I’m 100, then I would have lost a day waiting.

The biggest plus of this game however is the support from Big Ant. Which other game sorts out bugs reported by one or two players when their games crash. Answer none. Big Ant created a real gem of a game and whenever the next integration comes out, one thing is sure; everyone will still be playing DBC14. Thanks again Ross and your team. Now go on leave.

Hey BigAnt developers, forgive me if you already got bombarded with this question and already working on to fix it, but it appears the Medium pace bowlers when bowling slow ball its just doesn't look realistic to me rather its look like all of sudden gameplay went into SLOW motion mode...can we change that to more realistic slow ball speed..

how to install patch in dbc14

steam update automatically option work

if yes how to know the game is updated or not
in option/credit(bottom of the right screen) you will find your updated ver.

Lads, I need help. I want to play local multiplayer, but my guest always has the original teams. How can I fix this?

Buy the game
I'm not sure what you're accusing me of? I bought the game online from games 365 on release, there are plenty of posts in this forum documenting that.

Anyways I was previously able to play a friend in local multiplayer as they could log in as guest. Now my Xbox live has run out and this is no longer possible. Instead, if I play a local multiplayer game against a different profile, only my profile has the cricket academy names. My friend has to use the default players.

Any way around this would be great.

I think you'd just need to go to the Academy with the other profile, download the teams and then use it - the game seems to cater for the chance multiple players on the same console might want different team rosters, without providing an easy way for quick multiplayer games.

While it would need to be an Xbox Live account to access the academy, it doesn't need to be a Gold account.

Facing problem while playing spinners
Ball comes too slow to predict the shot selection
have tried front & back foot

Can someone help me?

Just got the game last week. Playing career in Aus set up. How can I play a SA domestic. Downloaded teams in Academy.

@prtblue you can change the default teams for career in the academy before you start a new career

anyone tell me that how to make fixtures of a competition between 10 teams like clt20?

Just thought I should post this here - On pc, DBC 14 has been recommended by steam curator 'Gaming Australia'. Here's hoping this gives the game more visibility on steam :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread