Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I was away for just the one day to go to the NRL Grand Final in Sydney... chance missed or was it? :)
Hey Ross.

I've only just twigged what you might have meant by this. Did you mean that "you've" got some info you might be persuaded to divulge. Or have I missed my chance again.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey Ross.

I've only just twigged what you might have meant by this. Did you mean that "you've" got some info you might be persuaded to divulge. Or have I missed my chance again.

Nah, sorry, nothing deep, just meant that I didn't see a post but that as I was away I would have missed the post if it had happened and been subsequently deleted - if that makes sense :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Doesn't work for me, if it is 50% off then that is below their cost - grab it if you don't have it :)
Yeah I know but that was for that hour only, however they priced it 1999INR was surely a grab....

Sourabh007

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i have seen in flipkart but they did not change price tag. Price is same. This price is much worthy for this great game and also with BA continuous updates.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
i have seen in flipkart but they did not change price tag. Price is same. This price is much worthy for this great game and also with BA continuous updates.
Yeah that surely was a great deal, but now its back to 3999INR...It was deal of the hour so was available only for 6-7pm...

Mahesh Singh

Club Cricketer
@HBK619 @BigAntStudios @fiction

'Spacewar' is still being used by pirates to play DBC 2014. It is on the list of the 'Top games by current player count' on steam for today - screenshot attached. Thought I should let you guys know as I believe Ross said somewhere that it will help him shut down the programs the pirates are using for good.

Steam list.png

Chief

Panel of Selectors
@HBK619 @BigAntStudios @fiction

'Spacewar' is still being used by pirates to play DBC 2014. It is on the list of the 'Top games by current player count' on steam for today - screenshot attached. Thought I should let you guys know as I believe Ross said somewhere that it will help him shut down the programs the pirates are using for good.

View attachment 131658

Have you actually seen someone playing it? "Spacewar" is an actual Steam game, so are you sure it's still being used to play DBC?

Mahesh Singh

Club Cricketer
Have you actually seen someone playing it? "Spacewar" is an actual Steam game, so are you sure it's still being used to play DBC?

That was the first thing that came to my mind - however, when you click on the entry in the list, it brings you back to the Steam Store page (and not the store page for the game) which I believe shouldnt be happening in the case of a genuine game.

Edit : Yup, just checked. The app id for this entry matches that of the 'spacewar' we know to be the pirated version of DBC 2014 (it's 480). Admittedly, these could all be pirates playing older verions of DBC 2014, but the figure is shocking nonetheless.

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
That was the first thing that came to my mind - however, when you click on the entry in the list, it brings you back to the Steam Store page (and not the store page for the game) which I believe shouldnt be happening in the case of a genuine game.

It's a secret game that Valve use to demonstrate the API to developers, but lots of people found out about it and play it. It's basically a simple Asteroids sort of game.

Mahesh Singh

Club Cricketer
It's a secret game that Valve use to demonstrate the API to developers, but lots of people found out about it and play it. It's basically a simple Asteroids sort of game.

I really hope so. I just edited my previous reply - added info that I confirmed that the app id of this spacewar matches with the spacewar we have known to be a front for the pirated DBC 2014 (it's 480 in both the cases). I'm wondering how that could be?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
At the moment they play with a different appId on an older version of DBC. We decided let them do that but cause issues for them, their results online are reasonably random as to who wins.

They are using Spacewar to play all sorts of other pirate games.

Mahesh Singh

Club Cricketer
At the moment they play with a different appId on an older version of DBC. We decided let them do that but cause issues for them, their results online are reasonably random as to who wins.

They are using Spacewar to play all sorts of other pirate games.

Seems like you're on the ball - I can stop being Sherlock now :D

RichardTarr007

School Cricketer
When I bat during career mode the game will at random select back foot even when I am selecting front foot. This is annoying because it generally leads to the loss of my wicket. Is there a solution for this?

Users who are viewing this thread