Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Fastmen are easy just play of your pads till you reach 40 or so and then hit of the offside after that. You get a lot edges for your first 30 or 40 runs and then a smaller amount after 40 or so, when you reach a ton then not many problem. It's perfect to be honest, just need the same edges for the AI while bowling and you get a near perfect balance that is needed.

I prefer to adopt the same method for fast bowlers - holding in the right trigger and only letting go to play at balls off the stumps or short. As my batsmen gains more confidence then I go attacking on more deliveries.

My last innings playing as Australia in a test I made 481 in 130-something overs with 2 edges all innings playing like this.

I prefer to adopt the same method for fast bowlers - holding in the right trigger and only letting go to play at balls off the stumps or short. As my batsmen gains more confidence then I go attacking on more deliveries.

My last innings playing as Australia in a test I made 481 in 130-something overs with 2 edges all innings playing like this.

I also adopted the strategy of holding the right trigger and releasing it if it is a loose delivery. I have also noticed that even when you go at a strike rate of 50 for the first 25 runs or so of your innings and build up your confidence, you can quickly catch up at the later stage of your innings.

I also adopted the strategy of holding the right trigger and releasing it if it is a loose delivery. I have also noticed that even when you go at a strike rate of 50 for the first 25 runs or so of your innings and build up your confidence, you can quickly catch up at the later stage of your innings.

Yep I find that. Its easily the best way to build partnerships. Its slow going at the start but once confidence increases then so does the run rate. It almost feels like the game was designed for this approach. Thankfully decreasing the risk associated with playing a defensive stroke has turned this game around in my opinion. I'm so glad this was fixed.

Yep I find that. Its easily the best way to build partnerships. Its slow going at the start but once confidence increases then so does the run rate. It almost feels like the game was designed for this approach. Thankfully decreasing the risk associated with playing a defensive stroke has turned this game around in my opinion. I'm so glad this was fixed.

I agree totally. Post patch it is much easier to build an innings. I have started a new career on pro level as the changes in the field makes it feel like real cricket. What I do now in my career is always play the anchor role and let the AI take on the bowling till I am set. For instance: I am an opening batsmen and last night me and the number three batsmen had a partnership of 152 of 163 balls. We kept the run rate at about 5.5rpo for our whole partnership and I finished up on 86 of 88 and he scored 76 of 85. I was gutted to be trapped lbw on an umpires call, but I really enjoy just rotating the strike and building a partnership. Like real cricket though I seem to get out shortly after my batting partner gets out after a big partnership.

I agree totally. Post patch it is much easier to build an innings. I have started a new career on pro level as the changes in the field makes it feel like real cricket. What I do now in my career is always play the anchor role and let the AI take on the bowling till I am set. For instance: I am an opening batsmen and last night me and the number three batsmen had a partnership of 152 of 163 balls. We kept the run rate at about 5.5rpo for our whole partnership and I finished up on 86 of 88 and he scored 76 of 85. I was gutted to be trapped lbw on an umpires call, but I really enjoy just rotating the strike and building a partnership. Like real cricket though I seem to get out shortly after my batting partner gets out after a big partnership.

That thing is really enjoyable as you feel that the partnership from inside and that too when a bowler is getting good swing or seam or a spinner getting good spin then you desperately want to get to the other end and not make him settle...That's what makes the game a success, the FEEL that the game gives based on the situation....

It almost feels like the game was designed for this approach.

the opposite also works, as i mostly start my arrival at the crease with one over the bowler's head, often i score a quick 20-30 odd and then settle down. Not bragging but just to show to each his own approach appears to work,

2014-10-02_00002.jpg

to me the main prob i have is of converting 50s to hundreds or bigger scores i have lost count of the number of times i get out in 70s.So to it varies with individual experience and our play styles rather than the game having a specific approach.

@Ross :Saw the lacrosse movie "Crooked arrows" the other day and now interested in this new game...Looking forward to another brilliant game by you guys...

Note: Still very much looking for info on release of the TTC....:)

Hi

After updating the latest patch on PS3, my version still states Version 1.00

Is this correct????
press triangle and select "Check for update" from the list if it says that the game is in the latest version, then fine if not install the update...

Unable to play in offline mode
It ask for internet
We have dial up connection & sometimes Internet doesnt available in our location

Unable to play in offline mode
It ask for internet
We have dial up connection & sometimes Internet doesnt available in our location
If you phone an Indian call centre I’m sure they will talk you through it.

Hey Fiction and HBK, I see your online.

It's gone a bit quiet on the forum lately. I'm playing the game and loving it by the way, so now i've flattered you, just wondering if you've got any titbits of info for us on what your working on lately, or any patch 3 nuggets of info.

Ross isn't on, so you could tell us then delete your post.;)

Hey Fiction and HBK, I see your online.

It's gone a bit quiet on the forum lately. I'm playing the game and loving it by the way, so now i've flattered you, just wondering if you've got any titbits of info for us on what your working on lately, or any patch 3 nuggets of info.

Ross isn't on, so you could tell us then delete your post.;)

I was away for just the one day to go to the NRL Grand Final in Sydney... chance missed or was it? :)

Users who are viewing this thread