Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

The Online Segment of the Game is still seriously bugged , mostly because of lag issues . So I would also like for them to sort this out properly before putting the patch out.

In the meantime we are getting along , and having a blast most of the times.

Playing a first class match between 2 Zimbabwe domestic teams at Durban Fields and it was really bugging me playing in front of a full house so I decided to remove the crowd via the graphics option. Surprisingly this has made the experience much more enjoyable and realistic, I can even hear the ball now as it crashes into the ad boards! :)

Or just ramp up the algorithm that decides how full the games are based on star rating. I like it the occasional times there's a near empty ground for a Sheffield Shield game, like in the real world.

RlrhVED.jpg

BbqoCiX.jpg

Finally my disk arrives.........

In regard to the crowd, there are some games where I'm sure there has been less empty seats as the game gets goin, last night playing at west oval, I could see empty blue seats and as I neared a century I seemed like the crowd grew. The sound in the game is fantastic though and some grounds have better than others, especially the Aussie ones where you can definately hear the ball hitting the boards more prominently.

Playing a first class match between 2 Zimbabwe domestic teams at Durban Fields and it was really bugging me playing in front of a full house so I decided to remove the crowd via the graphics option. Surprisingly this has made the experience much more enjoyable and realistic, I can even hear the ball now as it crashes into the ad boards! :)

It's why I am glad that in my League the Netherlands have been assigned the Bradman Oval as their home ground (bizarre things happen at the ICC!) What I do hate is when whole sections of the crowd suddenly go into some type of craze from grandma's 95th birthday and start doing parts of the Hokey Cokey!![DOUBLEPOST=1415885296][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was short on money mate

Kudos for waiting till you had the money instead of finding "alternatives"! (Not that you would but just think there are plenty on here who would have gone and have gone down a different route!)

First disappointment comes in form of lag :( is this yet to be fixed in patch 3 ? or simply pc version is superior than ps3 version ?

Are you playing online? I would highly recommend to play the offline modes and get used to the game before venturing online.

First disappointment comes in form of lag :( is this yet to be fixed in patch 3 ? or simply pc version is superior than ps3 version ?

Yes Online is a cruel world and it can even leave you with a scar if you are sensitive type...If you are new to the game, its always better to stick with Offline mode, till you are comfortable with all the controls..

FPS will always be less on consoles compared to on PC and nothing can be done about it - last-gen consoles aren't powerful enough.

In regard to the crowd, there are some games where I'm sure there has been less empty seats as the game gets goin, last night playing at west oval, I could see empty blue seats and as I neared a century I seemed like the crowd grew. The sound in the game is fantastic though and some grounds have better than others, especially the Aussie ones where you can definately hear the ball hitting the boards more prominently.
That is correct. As you entertain, the crowd will grow.

Take wickets as the home team, crowd grows. Make runs as the home team, crowd grows.

Go out as the home team, crowd leaves! Get smashed around as the home team, crowd leaves!!

Users who are viewing this thread