Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I must admit although as a purist and therefore a lover of the longer format, it is great to see such big crowds at 1st class matches!! In the real world it would be better if it was that way. I went to Lords' this year to watch Middlesex v Yorkshire at the crowd was sparse to say the least. I guess in future versions it would be more realistic to have crowds for 1st class at maybe 20% of capacity, increasing/decreasing to possibly 10%either way, for list a between 60/90% depending on situation and a more or less full house for t20 as much as it pains me to say it, that would reflect the current situation. That said I don't think the crowd attendance detracts anything from the gameplay itself and certainly isn't something high on a priorities list. More stats, however, certainly would be!!

I would also take into consideration ease of fix,

its not something they have to do from scratch, its like that ingame score card or transparent batsman hotkey, something available in settings menu, i dont think it will be too hard to move that to match settings or quick number tweak to crowd amount algorithm that matt suggested.

Why do the umpires fail when umpiring against you?
It pitched outside leg and was a bouncer, it hit my body and I was given out in a match with no reviews in career.

Hi all Don Bradman Fans

Here are three players i have created for the Pakistan team.

Imran Khan
Shahid Afridi
Shoaib Akhtar

Hi members,

A quick question - How do i change the batting order in game in a Five Over game, T20, ODI or test match, or changing the batting order in game is not a feature which is present as yet ?

You do it by pressing the right button on the d-pad before the bowler starts his run-up.

Hey, big ant this is very disappointing to see this on my own bowling spell.View attachment 132267
in my spell a lbw umpair give not out then a reviewed this but also 3rd umpair gave not out and unsuccessful review :facepalm. This is very frustrating because review showed it's hitting the stump and it's showing not out, very strang :eek:. you guys tell me is this a out or not out ? :mad

This is clear not out. The ball is pitching outside leg stump.[DOUBLEPOST=1416242694][/DOUBLEPOST]Will we get any new stadium ?

I thought this looked pretty cool...

SaDTxIg.png

Where are those people who thought this game would be a flop? MF, Duded, fake accounts...I hope they are still hovering, reading all the positive feedback the game has received and that, a year later,,,we still enjoying the longevity of DBC14

*I'm just saying*

Last edited:
Long time viewer of these threads, and first time to post, but between all the bitching and sycophancy i have to shout out and say that I am bored out of my arse with this game. International Cricket 2010 had its flaws but I played the bejesus out of it for years and I was obsessed! I used to keep a proper scorecard of every game , and fist-pumped every wicket...and even once drunkenly ran upstairs to tell my sleeping wife that Ireland had indeed beaten the Indians by an innings in Columbo (of all places).

With Don Bradman - I dunno why, I get no sense of excitement at all. I played it non-stop from May until June, and then just lost the drive to stick at it ...took it up a month ago again and jaysus lads, there would be more crack at a funeral. What bugs me is that there's no sense of bowling to a plan. And I have agonised over bowling to a plan. At first I assumed I was just shite. But there's still no edges, and very little movement off the pitch that you can manipulate, and no matter how wonderfully creative my fields are - i'll get pelted for six or four at the last ball of an every third over or so. it just feels like it's an inbuilt algorithm to put some runs on the board. I miss International Cricket 2010... I miss building up guys' skill levels; and knowing and fearing what an opposition might produce.

I only play test cricket. As I type I'm on pro level (ps3) and 50 overs into a test match... Opposition are 127/3. Two wickets were catches in the deep off stock balls, and the third was a total fluke - I inadvertently flicked the controller stick the wrong way thereby creating a "poor" delivery and what should have gone for 6 or at least 4 was down the throat of mid-off.

Just bored out of my arse.

Users who are viewing this thread