Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Long time viewer of these threads, and first time to post, but between all the bitching and sycophancy i have to shout out and say that I am bored out of my arse with this game. International Cricket 2010 had its flaws but I played the bejesus out of it for years and I was obsessed! I used to keep a proper scorecard of every game , and fist-pumped every wicket...and even once drunkenly ran upstairs to tell my sleeping wife that Ireland had indeed beaten the Indians by an innings in Columbo (of all places).

With Don Bradman - I dunno why, I get no sense of excitement at all. I played it non-stop from May until June, and then just lost the drive to stick at it ...took it up a month ago again and jaysus lads, there would be more crack at a funeral. What bugs me is that there's no sense of bowling to a plan. And I have agonised over bowling to a plan. At first I assumed I was just shite. But there's still no edges, and very little movement off the pitch that you can manipulate, and no matter how wonderfully creative my fields are - i'll get pelted for six or four at the last ball of an every third over or so. it just feels like it's an inbuilt algorithm to put some runs on the board. I miss International Cricket 2010... I miss building up guys' skill levels; and knowing and fearing what an opposition might produce.

I only play test cricket. As I type I'm on pro level (ps3) and 50 overs into a test match... Opposition are 127/3. Two wickets were catches in the deep off stock balls, and the third was a total fluke - I inadvertently flicked the controller stick the wrong way thereby creating a "poor" delivery and what should have gone for 6 or at least 4 was down the throat of mid-off.

Just bored out of my arse.
Have you tried batting for both sides? (chasing down your own scores) I think a few on here have found that to be enjoyable (including myself), especially if you're not keen on the bowling.

I miss International Cricket 2010... I miss building up guys' skill levels; and knowing and fearing what an opposition might produce.

Ha that's hilarious, IC2010 was average at best, what was there to fear from the opposition? They couldn't bat for more than 2 sessions and batting was so easy I had scored a hundred within the first couple of days of owning it. I still haven't scored a century on pro on DBC and not through lack of trying.

But I know what your saying about lack of excitement from bowling it's more frustrating than anything, although I do enjoy bowling on amateur level far more than any game produced previously.

I still miss Naveencc every now and then.

[HASHTAG]#FreeNaveenncc[/HASHTAG] never caught on like it should have, but for purposes of factuality he was PRO Bradman ANTI AC13 and was banned for his outspokenness regarding it. Hindsight his prophet-esque statements that "single foolish game [would] not success" is eerily accurate and he should be reinstated, made admin of the site and release some form of biblical text of his other Nostradamus predictions.

...and some people like to wear their undies on the outside of their pants. Enjoy the minority. Thanks for stopping by, lose your password.

Long time viewer of these threads, and first time to post, but between all the bitching and sycophancy i have to shout out and say that I am bored out of my arse with this game. International Cricket 2010 had its flaws but I played the bejesus out of it for years and I was obsessed! I used to keep a proper scorecard of every game , and fist-pumped every wicket...and even once drunkenly ran upstairs to tell my sleeping wife that Ireland had indeed beaten the Indians by an innings in Columbo (of all places).

With Don Bradman - I dunno why, I get no sense of excitement at all. I played it non-stop from May until June, and then just lost the drive to stick at it ...took it up a month ago again and jaysus lads, there would be more crack at a funeral. What bugs me is that there's no sense of bowling to a plan. And I have agonised over bowling to a plan. At first I assumed I was just shite. But there's still no edges, and very little movement off the pitch that you can manipulate, and no matter how wonderfully creative my fields are - i'll get pelted for six or four at the last ball of an every third over or so. it just feels like it's an inbuilt algorithm to put some runs on the board. I miss International Cricket 2010... I miss building up guys' skill levels; and knowing and fearing what an opposition might produce.

I only play test cricket. As I type I'm on pro level (ps3) and 50 overs into a test match... Opposition are 127/3. Two wickets were catches in the deep off stock balls, and the third was a total fluke - I inadvertently flicked the controller stick the wrong way thereby creating a "poor" delivery and what should have gone for 6 or at least 4 was down the throat of mid-off.

bowling to the AI is certainly unrewarding, and the part of the game that requires the most work for the next patch. (queue someone bitching about online.) it certainly can be very boring. but the batting is good (until AI fields annoy you too much) and there's still plenty to enjoy in the game.

hopefully future PC updates/console patch 3 will see a significant improvement in the AI.

I played a "VS." game on PS3 with my brother and law over the weekend, he'd not seen the game before and he was up all night making custom teams, and players and all sorts of stuff. He's totally hooked... the idea this game isn't absolutely addictive and spectacular is total garbage trolling. He'd not known anything about the game other than my ramblings about it to him saying I would bring it up to show him. He got past the learning curve faster than I did and was hitting me around the ground within a few hours...

Off topic I know, but my thoughts are with Phil Hughes, I hope he makes a complete recovery very soon, also to his friends and family, and to the bowler, who must be feeling terrible right now.

After having Elton Chigumbura hit 276 not out and Tendai Chatara 104. (Having had Zimbabwe 75-5) against Australia, I've concluded that I can do all the tests I like but at the end of the day the player attributes mean absolutely nothing and the whole academy was a very impressive yet very useless bit of kit. To ensure it wasn't a fluke I tried again and Shingi Masakadza has just bought up his 50 by late cutting a Mitchell Johnson yorker for four. I just cannot make tailenders bat like tailenders. Rest in Peace DBC14, you had loads of potential and looked stunning, I will probably still play your superb career mode now and again, but I'm waiting for either a patch to make AI batsman behave as AI batsmen, or a new cricket game.

@BigAntStudios just wondering if you guys would think about adding in some black tape for us to wear when we play after a real life cricketer like phil hughes has passed away?

Users who are viewing this thread