Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Ideally the game would be coded so that the edges were increased for say the first 20 overs of a new ball and then revert to how it is currently as the ball ages. Then taking the new ball would actually be an important part of the game.

This... the physics system seems to totally ignore the condition of the ball. but similarly it ignores the swing too - it's purely cosmetic when bowling to the AI. (i sadly have been undone when facing swing)

To me the basic problem is that for whatever reason the information that the academy has is not related into gameplay: that somehow the message form the academy to the gameplay isnt getting through. Or for the sake of getting "reasonable scores" the info from the academy is not passed on, only the cosmetics......they obviously havent quite solved that puzzle yet....hopefully the patch will address many of the issues or the sequel which could be coming our way within the next year.........

Even inside edges should be done properly for the AI, ATM its like if its meant to be caught then a fielder just appears out of no where...And WK taking that walking catch on his left to a ball going through the middle of 1st and 2nd slip should be stopped as well..

Another one is advancing down the wicket doesn't produce edges but they do in real life, edges past the WK for 4, leading edges should be added...

The more we suggest the more complicated the balancing of the game is going to get....In a game of cricket its really hard to get it right with awesome control system they have, there are many never seen before features in the gameplay like for eg: Good to full length ball being cut and pad coming in the way and LBW even edging the bat for a catch to WK , I have never seen such stuff in any cricket game before..

To me the basic problem is that for whatever reason the information that the academy has is not related into gameplay: that somehow the message form the academy to the gameplay isnt getting through. Or for the sake of getting "reasonable scores" the info from the academy is not passed on, only the cosmetics......they obviously havent quite solved that puzzle yet....hopefully the patch will address many of the issues or the sequel which could be coming our way within the next year.........
Yeah correct but the problem that will arise if its completely based on the academy inputs then say a team like AUS getting bowled out within 100 will get impossible as the factor of "Having a bad day in the field" will go missing...So they will be more consistent no matter what as their input values are high...

Yeah correct but the problem that will arise if its completely based on the academy inputs then say a team like AUS getting bowled out within 100 will get impossible as the factor of "Having a bad day in the field" will go missing...So they will be more consistent no matter what as their input values are high...

100% wrong... Because there should be both a factor of conditions and momentum: it should be rare, but not impossible. In bowling friendly conditions with early wickets, this can happen.[DOUBLEPOST=1427984925][/DOUBLEPOST]
there are many never seen before features in the gameplay like for eg: Good to full length ball being cut
This is one if the worst features in the game.

100% wrong... Because there should be both a factor of conditions and momentum: it should be rare, but not impossible. In bowling friendly conditions with early wickets, this can happen.[DOUBLEPOST=1427984925][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is one if the worst features in the game.
That isn't 100% wrong because the things we feel about the way cricket game should be doesn't always mean it can be implemented in the game with coding it...Stuff which we think should make it realistic might be more hard than you would think...Such things would make it even more complicated and unrealistic situations may arise in the game as well...You can say that with early wickets and all it will be possible but the balance on openers starting well or being defensive or going aggressive or loss of wickets in a pile would be hard to determine and the case of "balance" not there will arise...

As far as the shot go I feel that's cool...

That isn't 100% wrong because the things we feel about the way cricket game should be doesn't always mean it can be implemented in the game with coding it...Stuff which we think should make it realistic might be more hard than you would think...Such things would make it even more complicated and unrealistic situations may arise in the game as well...You can say that with early wickets and all it will be possible but the balance on openers starting well or being defensive or going aggressive or loss of wickets in a pile would be hard to determine and the case of "balance" not there will arise...

As far as the shot go I feel that's cool...

If the skills and attributes set in academy are to mean something, then it has to mean high skilled players are harder to dismiss than low skilled players - otherwise the whole star rating for teams and helmet ratings for players are irrelevant.

But, pitch and match conditions should act to modify that - good teams do get skittled occasionally and lower order players do rescue situations occasionally and all that should be in the game but they're rarer.

The balance at the moment in terms of how players play, how players get dismissed etc. is currently way off.

Just a suggestion for the next patch, can Big Ant tone down the forcefield around fielders that allows the ball to avoid being caught by stopping in mid air?

2015-04-03_00112.jpg2015-04-03_00113.jpg
Also, this should probably have been given out:
2015-04-03_00110.jpg

Though, I'm glad the fielders show dedication.
2015-04-03_00002.jpg

If the skills and attributes set in academy are to mean something, then it has to mean high skilled players are harder to dismiss than low skilled players - otherwise the whole star rating for teams and helmet ratings for players are irrelevant.

But, pitch and match conditions should act to modify that - good teams do get skittled occasionally and lower order players do rescue situations occasionally and all that should be in the game but they're rarer.

The balance at the moment in terms of how players play, how players get dismissed etc. is currently way off.
I do agree with the suggestions , I would love if they are implemented in the game...Attributes, skills, strength,weakness of players, pitch conditions, weather etc influence the scorecard, run rate at which they score, the aggression or defensive method they adapt to the situations etc...If done it would be the bestest game possible but is it entirely possible is the question....Someone who knows about coding maybe @HBK619 can answer that...

I love bowling,its the first thing I prefer in a cricket game but its not challenging for me so far that's why I chose batting for both sides in the game....The frustration of not able to break a partnership, cheeky singles, easily able to maneuver around despite field changes are the best thing in bowling, getting that wicket which changes the course of match, and AI going too aggressive in the final overs...All these are the ones I expect in bowling, hope they are able to recreate such a feel maybe in the upcoming iteration of the game...

Just a suggestion for the next patch, can Big Ant tone down the forcefield around fielders that allows the ball to avoid being caught by stopping in mid air?

View attachment 142398View attachment 142397
Also, this should probably have been given out:
View attachment 142399

Though, I'm glad the fielders show dedication.
View attachment 142400
Yeah the ball should either come down at the same speed as the fielder or even make it like a half stop going for a run or two...The forward dive animation should be used more, its very rare but looks good on screen when it happens...

How come that was given not out...

Well I've been having a DBC binge these last couple of days concentrating my efforts on pro level bowling and I decided to note down all the wickets I took. Most of these are from today with some interesting results:

LBW: 1 spin 3 pace
Bowled: 4 spin 6 pace
Caught WK: 1 spin 9 pace
Caught slip: 1 spin 3 pace
Caught mid-on/off: 4 spin 9 pace
C&B: 1 pace
Caught elsewhere: 2 pace
Hit body bowled : 5 pace
Strange leave edge 2 pace

The strange leave is when the batsman attempts to leave but leaves the bat hanging for the ball to hit.

So 14 edges from 51 wickets. 1 more than catches to mid-on/off. I'm surprised by that.

It must be noted that I have managed to reduce the number of catches to mid-on/off by drastically lowering running speed and acceleration.

Well I've been having a DBC binge these last couple of days concentrating my efforts on pro level bowling and I decided to note down all the wickets I took. Most of these are from today with some interesting results:

The strange leave is when the batsman attempts to leave but leaves the bat hanging for the ball to hit.

So 14 edges from 51 wickets. 1 more than catches to mid-on/off. I'm surprised by that.

It must be noted that I have managed to reduce the number of catches to mid-on/off by drastically lowering running speed and acceleration.

Are these with the rest of the stats being played with or just oput of the box as it were?

Either way, perhaps share those teams and others can see if they get similar experiences to that.

Be interested to know type of edges? Like are they "real" edges (from defence or drives) or top edging cuts?

Users who are viewing this thread