Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

As I said elsewhere we have a second source other than Ross on that but I'll be happy to be wrong.

I don't think those on Bourke Street would be happy :)

Hey ross, your player models are better than ac13 but what about lighting and brightness. The ground,pitch and sky looks beautiful in ac13 screens but in your first look at ba game pic the low lighting gives a dull feel to pitch, ground and players.I wish that pic is from a day with overcast conditions.

well why don't you try to make the best of it? if i were you i'd hold up a huge a** sign advertising the game :D ... maybe even grab a bullhorn? :p ;)

He'll have one hand holding a Megan Fox Streaker Academy advert... don't think he'll have the space?

well why don't you try to make the best of it? if i were you i'd hold up a huge a** sign advertising the game :D ... maybe even grab a bullhorn? :p ;)

I am starting to get really worried... if they pull out any more features then they might just make it! :eek:

In somewhat related news, unfortunately I haven't been completely honest, in TableTop Cricket you set the field however you want but that is all you do, the player catches the ball automatically between their legs. Sorry :(

PS: Just kidding... even TableTop Cricket has fielding input - if the ball is near the player but not catchable you can "nudge" the table :)

I am starting to get really worried... if they pull out any more features then they might just make it! :eek:

In somewhat related news, unfortunately I haven't been completely honest, in TableTop Cricket you set the field however you want but that is all you do, the player catches the ball automatically between their legs. Sorry :(

PS: Just kidding... even TableTop Cricket has fielding input - if the ball is near the player but not catchable you can "nudge" the table :)

:lol But does your game feature that trusted & tried feature which makes or breaks the game - floating heads ;)

He'll have one hand holding a Megan Fox Streaker Academy advert... don't think he'll have the space?

I think i know two great places he can put the Streaker Academy logo on ;););)... that'll should give some more advertising place for sure :D

----------

Ok here's an ACTUAL suggestion ....................... how about selling balloon floaty heads to the nice people of Bourke Street?? maybe an autograph or two from Megan herself... might as well get some change while your at it huh and the police might go a little easy on you... Its for the kids...
#bigantfloatystreakeracademyandcricketgame2013

P.S i'll just need some royalties for giving you the idea...

:lol But does your game feature that trusted & tried feature which makes or breaks the game - floating heads ;)

Sadly that tech is well beyond us :(

We also have the issue that our fielding system requires input from the player and is not a cut scene :(

Unfortunately input is required catch a ball, and that's not all, there's a whole lot of other tedious things the fielders do like Stumping, Throwing down wickets with direct hits, diving to save fours, diving to catch, and so on... the number of boring actions a fielder has do is just amazing!

Yes, I am very sorry to admit that you actually have to play our game, however there is hope in the future that over time we can patch as many gameplay features out of the game as we can so as to bring you the "most authentic Cricket experience ever".

The thing I am looking forward to most are the video replays of the automated systems doing stuff for me, they are going to be so awesome! Youtube is gonna melt!

We also have the issue that our fielding system requires input from the player and is not a cut scene :(

Unfortunately input is required catch a ball, and that's not all, there's a whole lot of other tedious things the fielders do like Stumping, Throwing down wickets with direct hits, diving to save fours, diving to catch, and so on... the number of boring actions a fielder has do is just amazing!

Yes, I am very sorry to admit that you actually have to play our game, however there is hope in the future that over time we can patch as many gameplay features out of the game as we can so as to bring you the "most authentic Cricket experience ever".

The thing I am looking forward to most are the video replays of the automated systems doing stuff for me, they are going to be so awesome! Youtube is gonna melt!

You may have to provide some info (other than text) about BAC soon for your shots at the other game seem credible. At the end of the day CA is just a player editor and doesn't have any bearing on gameplay. For all we know BAC's existence may match the body of that floating head ;)

P.S. - I am not doubting BAC for a second but rumor has it what sounds too good to be true is mostly just that :p

Last edited:

What the frak....those are some horribly boring features. What was your team thinking? Making us PLAY the game rather than automate it? Who came up with this dumb a** idea? FIRE him.

You may have to provide some info (other than text) about BAC soon for your shots at the other game seem credible. At the end of the day CA is just a player editor and doesn't have any bearing on gameplay. For all we know BAC's existence may match the body of that floating head ;)

P.S. - I am not doubting BAC for a second but rumor has it what sounds too good to be true is mostly just that :p

We've spent a long time building sports games, too long to destroy all that we have built by not delivering. Screenshots are not far away (at my timing).

We've spent a long time building sports games, too long to destroy all that we have built by not delivering. Screenshots are not far away (at my timing).

Cricket is a different beast altogether... just saying ;)

IMO you will have a tough time managing expectations the longer you go without sharing info along the way. People would have sky high expectations of the game and will rip it apart if it falls short even marginally to their expectations.

Cricket is a different beast altogether... just saying ;)

IMO you will have a tough time managing expectations the longer you go without sharing info along the way. People would have sky high expectations of the game and will rip it apart if it falls short even marginally to their expectations.

Yep, understood because the bar just gets higher every day :p

I am soooo hyped at the thought of watching replays of me not doing stuff, hope they have a share function.

Seriously, everything gets ripped apart, everything.

Yep, understood because the bar just gets higher every day :p

I am soooo hyped at the thought of watching replays of me not doing stuff, hope they have a share function.

Seriously, everything gets ripped apart, everything.

:lol Touche!

Users who are viewing this thread