Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

c'mon Ross its time for you to release a gameplay trailer or a gameplay footage showing the in-game features becuz the game releasin first is gonna hit the mark .So its upto you!:yes

Here you go Ross
Big Ant - Mind Reader Cricket. "We know what you want in a cricket game" :yes

i think still Big Ant has an edge in this competition,only thing is that big ant must advertise its features like ashes cricket 2013 to everybody .Big Ant has way more features than Ashes Cricket 2009.Lets hope big ant can carry on successfully!:thumbs

If you compare the features of two games, ashes 2013 doesn't stand a chance.. Just waiting to see all the features reflect in the game as it is mentioned :)

Yep, BA has much more features. Hopefully it plays well

from all what i am reading from both ross and chief ,i get the feeling that both games will have their pro's and cons and its up to users to decide what they want..here is my rating for different aspects of cricket game.
1.graphics-ac13
2.gameplay-ac13
3.realistic player movement-big ant cricket
4.features and tournaments-big ant cricket
5.online play-ashes and ba crciket
6.patchable like cricket 07-it will be ba 13
7.cameras-ac13
8.longevity-ba 13
9.difficulty-ac13

marketing and release timing wise ac13 is already got advantage over big ant .only thing that will excite users is ''be a pro'' like season in ba cricket and its patcheble feature

Last edited:
I think this week there will definetly be a gameplay video or trailer releasing from either ac13 or ba cricket or perhaps both will release.There is more chances of a trailer from ashes cricket 2013

its not a competition as there is a gap of few months between both games release date. Every cricket follower will buy both. How many times in history 2 cricket games been released in a year? So why not rejoice them instead of making a war between 2 titles.

Sadly that tech is well beyond us :(

We also have the issue that our fielding system requires input from the player and is not a cut scene :(

Unfortunately input is required catch a ball, and that's not all, there's a whole lot of other tedious things the fielders do like Stumping, Throwing down wickets with direct hits, diving to save fours, diving to catch, and so on... the number of boring actions a fielder has do is just amazing!

Yes, I am very sorry to admit that you actually have to play our game, however there is hope in the future that over time we can patch as many gameplay features out of the game as we can so as to bring you the "most authentic Cricket experience ever".

The thing I am looking forward to most are the video replays of the automated systems doing stuff for me, they are going to be so awesome! Youtube is gonna melt!

And the award for the Cockiest Game Developer of 2013 goes to
(dramatic pause)
You guessed it.. It's Cheeky the Ross himself
(audience goes wild)
Ross: Why thank you, thank you, please, settle down, please... Well firstly, I would like to thank myself, my team and ofcourse 007avenger007 but i would like to say that if it weren't for that Bourke Street incident of 6/22, my game would have never reached 5 million units sold... In the end I would also like to thank PlanetCricket and my fans and..."

(wakes up from sleep)

"Aw sh**! ... im still in Bourke Street..."

I have reasonably high expectations for the Big Ant graphics. We're not totally blind on this as we have their other sports titles, the early release screen and all the detail present in Cricket Academy.

Too hard to make any calls on any of that stuff you've listed based on 7 images (total) across both games. One advantage that is clear is the features list, but we have zero knowledge on the execution of either games. The only 99% win to BigAnt is the player customization in the Cricket Academy, it's a reasonable bet to assume the character models in the player academy are going to be implemented well into the main game and that is going to give them the longevity we're looking for with customization long into the future. Since they're clearly playing the long game here, based on their experience in League and Footy, there's a clear strategic reason we're not being swamped with images and videos...

They're in it for the long haul.

______

EDIT: ...and for $20 on PC it's worth the gamble and who's to say we won't be able to mod the tits off AC13 anyway?

Last edited:
from all what i am reading from both ross and chief ,i get the feeling that both games will have their pro's and cons and its up to users to decide what they want..here is my rating for different aspects of cricket game.
1.graphics-ac13
2.gameplay-ac13
3.realistic player movement-big ant cricket
4.features and tournaments-big ant cricket
5.online play-ashes and ba crciket
6.patchable like cricket 07-it will be ba 13
7.cameras-ac13
8.longevity-ba 13
9.difficulty-ac13

marketing and release timing wise ac13 is already got advantage over big ant .only thing that will excite users is ''be a pro'' like season in ba cricket and its patcheble feature

How you came to those ratings is beyond me...

Users who are viewing this thread