Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

...and for $20 on PC it's worth the gamble and who's to say we won't be able to mod the tits off AC13 anyway?

If it's on PC, it can be modded.... No exceptions... Kindly do not insult the PC Modding Community...

Other than that I'm pretty sure we wont need mods on BA Cricket with cricket academy and what already sounds like good enough gameplay... but AC13??? odds aren't in its favor though...Especially in the graphics department cuz i mean if those screens were the final build then someone will have to update those cricket 2002 faces to atleast Cricket 04?

Your eyes are better than mine, I couldn't really see any of the faces as most were too far away in the image, other than the psuedo-Kevin Peterson looking batsman.

But yeah, I'm sure the PC Mod crew will be all over the game :lol ...no doubt on that! I need to crank up my photoshop for kits rather than fake PlayStation game covers!

How you came to those ratings is beyond me...
They even ignore major bits of information we know.

Online play is a cakewalk for Big Ant - they have online saving - a game without it cannot be better. Even if they don't have a disconnect bug, you still have to play all matches in one sitting.

For difficulty - we just found out that AC13 totally takes one of the three elements of the game out - you can't manually field, BA is naturally harder by having features.

1.graphics-ac13
2.gameplay-ac13
3.realistic player movement-big ant cricket
4.features and tournaments-big ant cricket
5.online play-ashes and ba crciket
6.patchable like cricket 07-it will be ba 13
7.cameras-ac13
8.longevity-ba 13
9.difficulty-ac13

1) Even CA beta beats AC13 in graphics but a huge margin.
2) Are you saying 80 batting animation put together into multiple combinations is better than having one analogue stick to control feet movement and the other for 360 deg shot direction while there are multiple triggers which have over 10K degrees of pressure to determine the kind of execution you want?
Or is that line and length selection using a cross hair is better than determining the type of delivery with the time of release which adds to the unpredictability including head high noballs?
Or AC13's non-existent fielding gameplay is better than BA's you can do whatever you want on the field gameplay? :lol
7) Third person Action cam vs Third person/First person or even Oculus VR! :spy
9) No ball landing marker, you gotta work hard to achieve anything and how on earth did BA fall behind Ashes?

marketing and release timing wise ac13 is already got advantage over big ant .only thing that will excite users is ''be a pro'' like season in ba cricket and its patcheble feature

But you did get the final line right. That is the only thing including its price point thats a consolation point for AC13, so far.
Right now acc. to your evaluation its BA|AC gets 8.5|1.5 score.

Last edited:
@Big Ant Studios: I should really say that all the features and details said about the game has really increased our imagination power....Thanks to u for that and hope that the game execution far more better than what we have imagined....:thumbs:cheers

----------

@Mikeymerren: Give us some new info for the week....:yes

well that was just my thinking that i said most likely can be true...ic 2010 was good with better gameplay than ashes and i m sure ac13's gameplay will be better than ic 2010 on the other hand big ant engine is new and yet to be tested so on GRAPHIC AND GAMEPLAY part i am going with more experienced ac13 ....but big ant has lot patching ability because of games features unlike ac13 so big ant gona stay here for long with all our modders..

Too hard to make any calls on any of that stuff you've listed based on 7 images (total) across both games. One advantage that is clear is the features list, but we have zero knowledge on the execution of either games. The only 99% win to BigAnt is the player customization in the Cricket Academy, it's a reasonable bet to assume the character models in the player academy are going to be implemented well into the main game and that is going to give them the longevity we're looking for with customization long into the future. Since they're clearly playing the long game here, based on their experience in League and Footy, there's a clear strategic reason we're not being swamped with images and videos...

They're in it for the long haul.

______

EDIT: ...and for $20 on PC it's worth the gamble and who's to say we won't be able to mod the tits off AC13 anyway?

All I can do is point to the past to predict the future. We've done two league games over a number of years with multiple patches and DLC's across them and we'll be looking to do more with that franchise if given the opportunity (highly likely).

Cricket is indeed a very long term play for us, like all of our sports titles, with the difference that we have self funded all of it and own all of the technology and publishing rights - it is the game that we want to own . We are in the fortunate position to be able to make sequels without having to beg a publisher for the right and funding to do so.

Anyway, agreed with all of this, and as much a I'm trying to stir things up, as I am prone to do :p - if you like Cricket at all you would certainly buy AC13 at $20.

PS: Why do I feel like I am going to get quoted in a signature :)

Cricket is indeed a very long term play for us... it is the game that we want to own .

As a genuine fan of just about every cricket game ever made, that's probably the most encouraging statement you can read from a developer making a cricket title guys...*

*I'll quote that, out of context tho... mwahaha...

yes i saw big ant past projects and i like it and from that i know you are gona be better atleast on ''player movements'' part and ''game feature/tournament '' part..as a cricket fan i want close to perfect cricket title and u are very much in it but lack of marketing frm big ant made us doubht we''ll see..

Your eyes are better than mine, I couldn't really see any of the faces as most were too far away in the image, other than the psuedo-Kevin Peterson looking batsman.

But yeah, I'm sure the PC Mod crew will be all over the game :lol ...no doubt on that! I need to crank up my photoshop for kits rather than fake PlayStation game covers!

i was talking about that KP face and Mr. Floaty head... I had to generalize all the faces obviously so people would hear me out... thats how this world works...
Just look at Chief... He generalized automatic catching as "everyone's" favorite choice...

Sadly that tech is well beyond us :(

We also have the issue that our fielding system requires input from the player and is not a cut scene :(

Unfortunately input is required catch a ball, and that's not all, there's a whole lot of other tedious things the fielders do like Stumping, Throwing down wickets with direct hits, diving to save fours, diving to catch, and so on... the number of boring actions a fielder has do is just amazing!

Yes, I am very sorry to admit that you actually have to play our game, however there is hope in the future that over time we can patch as many gameplay features out of the game as we can so as to bring you the "most authentic Cricket experience ever".

The thing I am looking forward to most are the video replays of the automated systems doing stuff for me, they are going to be so awesome! Youtube is gonna melt!

Excited to know abt this. when i am playing this, i need to be in it completely. wherever the ball travels i need to do something(batting,bowling,keeping,fielding) to keep that in my control. great !!!

----------

was seeing the rugby gameplay in youtube, its really good, many features are addressed as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread