Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Snowy wins. Shut it down.

I had posted about the game's significant drop in performance in Windows 10...I had been experiencing that annoying stutter which makes the game very awkward to play...The gameplay is smooth without any stutter by turning off the depth of field, bloom effects, turning off v-sync and lowered anisotropic filtering...However, it sure looks a tad mediocre to look at... I am not much a computer geek and am not sure what's the definite problem here...Again, the other more demanding games like GTA V actually run better in Windows 10! Is it an OS conflict or could Big Ant do anything about this? This game ran so good with high settings in Windows 8.1 at 1920x1080, so I can confirm the performance of the game takes a drop in Windows 10...A support patch perhaps?

@Matt The game isn't running on integrated graphics...It is on the GPU...

Um... barely a page back...

As the game came out well before Windows 10, it isn't officially supported by the game. Also being brand new, it could be something solved by future Windows Updates, rather than changes to the game.

...be sure to @ mention @Ross as well as @Matt

...also if they could provide support for Windows 11 in the next update as well. Just to be safe.

Is there a compatibility mode for Windows 8 in Windows 10? If there is, have you tried it?

I think it's safe to assume then it's a WindowsOS issue rather than any problem with the game. My advice would be if you're currently an owner of DBC14 on PC don't upgrade to Windows 10 at the moment.

...or buy a Mac.

Well as I mentioned in the other thread, I have no issues with it running on Windows 10 on my home PC, I have an AMD graphics card though, so maybe it's a thing with the nVidia drivers - which are very different on Windows 10 compared with Windows 8.1. It's not surprising that improvements to some games might be negatives for others.

Well as I mentioned in the other thread, I have no issues with it running on Windows 10 on my home PC, I have an AMD graphics card though, so maybe it's a thing with the nVidia drivers - which are very different on Windows 10 compared with Windows 8.1. It's not surprising that improvements to some games might be negatives for others.

The game runs perfectly fine on my rig with a GTX 970 and Win 10.

No issues whatsoever.

Just upgraded to Win 10 and played 1 match too without any problems. Not to forget ,I use Intel 3000 graphics.

The general point is that I'd be interested to hear feedback on how the game plays out of the box. That might well be negative, but it would be a helpful starting point in figuring out why certain tweaks to them are effective, or the real magnitude of those effects against a common baseline.

Played a game Aus v Scotland. I smashed them and then they smashed me. (Difficulty:Pro)

I will test these 2 team more to see how they play out after decreasing/increasing skills.

Got a wicket in similar fashion except the catcher was Kepeer.

Last edited:
I had posted about the game's significant drop in performance in Windows 10...I had been experiencing that annoying stutter which makes the game very awkward to play...The gameplay is smooth without any stutter by turning off the depth of field, bloom effects, turning off v-sync and lowered anisotropic filtering...However, it sure looks a tad mediocre to look at... I am not much a computer geek and am not sure what's the definite problem here...Again, the other more demanding games like GTA V actually run better in Windows 10! Is it an OS conflict or could Big Ant do anything about this? This game ran so good with high settings in Windows 8.1 at 1920x1080, so I can confirm the performance of the game takes a drop in Windows 10...A support patch perhaps?

@Matt The game isn't running on integrated graphics...It is on the GPU...

Yes you are right Game is getting much slower in windows 10 , I have graphic card GTX860M with 8GB RAM Finding drops in performance in DBC14 which that works smooth on windows 8.1 are 1920*1080 .both windows and game resolution.
not works fine even after I have upgraded latest nvidia drier and graphics driver

Also If you are playing using HDMI , then you will find problem in voice on TV on all windows resolution except 1920*1020 setting , many other software is not compatible with windows 10

May be windows 10 require more RAM more then 8GB , But my only suggestion is do not switch to windows 10 If you want smooth play DBC14 with 1080P resolution

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread