Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

It's a double edged sword. Look at AC 13's facebook page as an example. Ross is correct that public will tire of the campaign within a month or two at max. Unless the game is coming out within a couple of months, there's no point as folks will simply bombard social media with "Where's the video?", "Where's the trailer?" and "Where are the screen shots?" posts, resulting in more harm than good.

Oh i don't mean right now. I meant for later whenever they start promoting the game officially.

Oh i don't mean right now. I meant for later whenever they start promoting the game officially.

Agreed. Marketing campaign should kick off when release date is set and can be shared with public. Nothing puts off a customer as when he/she asks "When's the game coming out?" and gets a response akin to "Soon" or "Stay tuned" :noway

If you have been following this game since it was originally announced in 2009, there have been release dates published on their website of "summer 2010", "Feb 2011" and "summer 2011".

Why do you want to do that? The game is releasing in a few months. I can't even begin to say how much Ross and his team been passionate about the game and also involved us in the project.
You should have atleast a bit common sense, try to understand their situation.
FYI, we all know what had happened with release dates, and if you think you are a genius to 'just quote the facts' for no use, you probably don't need to.

P.S. Rephrasing your avatar, Keep Calm yourself and wait for the game.

Don't think there's any need for name calling. He has a different opinion and if you don't agree with him, agree to disagree and move on.

It's a bit silly to have a go at the guy who's developing the game which you're gonna end up getting anyway. Maybe he's got the right to be frustrated but the way he's acting and arguing...ridiculous.

What previous release dates?

People are never happy. Even if this game was free people would still find something to moan about. Ross is very clever in not taking pre orders until he's 100% sure about a release date. It surprises me that big ant isn't more well known with someone as clever as Ross at the helm.
Unless their good at marketing/PR but crap at making games! (Joke). :thumbs

So the big question is will Ross still have to bare his backside down Burke Street if the PC version makes it on time but not the console version?

Is there a possibility they could release the game via the PlayStation Network perhaps? If that's the case, there might be some rosy-red cheeks headed down Burke...

I have been lead to believe that there is a contractual obligation for Ashes to release on the 21st June or face stiff penalties from the various licensors.

Understanding that they would not make the date months ago, a fact everyone involved in the project also knew, I made the call on Bourke Street with a few riders, one being that it has to be on the consoles as you can actually release any old crap on PC as it has no approval process and I knew that they might do this so as to avoid penalties.

They would not release on PlayStation Network for two reasons;

A) Game has not been submitted yet and;
B) Microsoft will not allow retail if you go digital first.

So far everything is shaping up as I said it would.

With regard to the contractual obligation is there any reason why the PC version that releases will be unfinished in terms of turn-around times?

Why do you want to do that? The game is releasing in a few months. I can't even begin to say how much Ross and his team been passionate about the game and also involved us in the project.
You should have atleast a bit common sense, try to understand their situation.
FYI, we all know what had happened with release dates, and if you think you are a genius to 'just quote the facts' for no use, you probably don't need to.

P.S. Rephrasing your avatar, Keep Calm yourself and wait for the game.

It's a bit silly to have a go at the guy who's developing the game which you're gonna end up getting anyway. Maybe he's got the right to be frustrated but the way he's acting and arguing...ridiculous.

I think he's entitled to his skepticism based on what he has seen before and based on track record of other cricket titles. I don't believe he was having a go at Ross but merely pointing out "seeing is believing". Case in point since EA 2007 there have been titles like Cricket Life, EA Cricket 2009 (with full licenses), a broken IC 2010 etc. which never materialized or were incomplete. The only decent game which came out since the last 6 years was AC09 and a bunch of promises about various titles, so Stoneyhawk's going with the odds. He may be wrong in this case, and we all hope he is, but that's his opinion.

As Ross himself stated some time back that in this business (video game development/publishing), nothing can be taken for granted. Stoneyhawk was simply stating the same with a touch of frustration.

With regard to the contractual obligation is there any reason why the PC version that releases will be unfinished in terms of turn-around times?

The likelihood is that the dominant factor in its release is the date itself and not the quality of the product.

We all know what happens to PC versions when they are released, want to take a book on how long before it's on a torrent?

(I am *clearly* not advocating that anyone does that, just stating what we all know....)

I think he's entitled to his skepticism based on what he has seen before and based on track record of other cricket titles. I don't believe he was having a go at Ross but merely pointing out "seeing is believing". Case in point since EA 2007 there have been titles like Cricket Life, EA Cricket 2009 (with full licenses), a broken IC 2010 etc. which never materialized or were incomplete. The only decent game which came out since the last 6 years was AC09 and a bunch of promises about various titles, so Stoneyhawk's going with the odds. He may be wrong in this case, and we all hope he is, but that's his opinion.

As Ross himself stated some time back that in this business (video game development/publishing), nothing can be taken for granted. Stoneyhawk was simply stating the same with a touch of frustration.

Agreed. The issue is that I've gone out of my way to show points of difference. We have successful spots titles with a track record of support. I released Cricket Academy to show that we are for "real", included the Easter Egg screenshots, again to show we are "real" and then someone presents that we have done nothing.

I do understand the frustration that you all have though, it's one of the reasons that we have entered the market, the opportunity of a fan base that has really been treated poorly in the past that would welcome something better.

I would admit that I did not handle the posts appropriately and I would apologise to Stoneyhawk unreservedly for that.

Last edited:
Agreed. The issue is that I've gone out of my way to show points of difference. we have successful spots titles with a track record of support. I released Cricket Academy to show that we are for "real", included the Easter Egg screenshots, again to show we are "real" and then someone presents that we have done nothing.

I do understand the frustration that you all have though, it's one of the reasons that we have entered the market, the opportunity of a fan base that has really been treated poorly in the past that would welcome something better.

I would admit that I did not handle the posts appropriately and I would apologise to Stoneyhawk unreservedly for that.

Agree with you Ross and you handled it fine. I think it's better to move on else this thread would go off on a tangent and that's why deleted my post...

But I do hope you live up to your contractual obligations and have a "half cheek on display" run on 21st if it's a PC only release :yes

It does begin to sound like a split release. 505 could confidently say the game would release on June 21st as they knew they had a contractual obligation to make it happen. If that is the case interesting to know how far behind the console versions will be.

I know it might be beginning to sound like a split release to some.... but I did put it in my signature months ago that I would not be on Bourke Street unless is was on console. I figured they'd weigh up the contractual penalty vs damages of releasing an unfinished game on PC. We know which way they went...

The game is yet to submit, I know I posted a timeline somewhere... that will give you a reasonable timeframe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread