Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

What would be awesome at this moment is Big Ant releasing a demo of 5 overs match to get the awesome flavour of the game and to keep us engaged for the time being until the release of the full game.....:thumbs:thumbs

What would be awesome at this moment is Big Ant releasing a demo of 5 overs match to get the awesome flavour of the game and to keep us engaged for the time being until the release of the full game.....:thumbs:thumbs

And we will play that for two weeks and will come back to bug him again to release the whole game....

Neither are 505 games and they definitely should know more than us when it comes to promoting a game. But guess what?......

Yeah,but that doesn't mean that BigAnt will go down the same road as 505 games .BigAnt has taken well care of their customers and delivered what they promised.The amount of dedication they have shown towards their other titles is remarkable.

I don't think anyone is claiming to be an expert. Most are simply stating the rule of thumb for niche gaming titles, i.e. first mover advantage is huge as most folks who buy the first title will not purchase another title in a few months' time even though the second title is superior to the first product that was available.

All i'm trying to say is that they have a pre-planned strategy .They knew almost a year ago about Ashes 13.And to think that they will change their long term strategy at this moment just because Ashes 13 is unable to satisfy the audience,is ludicrous to say the least.

All i'm trying to say is that they have a pre-planned strategy .They knew almost a year ago about Ashes 13.And to think that they will change their long term strategy at this moment just because Ashes 13 is unable to satisfy the audience,is ludicrous to say the least.

No, it's not that ludicrous. Let me list a few points...

1. It's time for Ashes which contributes to the biggest bump in the sales figures.

2. First mover advantage in niche titles is huge. Not many folks buy these titles in the first place and the number dwindles significantly if a title follows another cricketing game.

3. What if AC 13 (or AC 14 which I suspect the game will be named) is released pretty close to the BAC game? Most of the casual fans, who make up majority of consumer base, will go for licensed Ashes title than the BAC one. "Ashes" in the title of the game is a huge plus given the market you are targeting are primarily UK and Australian ones.

Strategies do not remain static and set in stone forever and you need to change if the market conditions change, which have changed. Till recently it was assumed AC 13 would release on June 21st, which is not happening. It's a huge game changer and warrants a change in tactics. BA is in a unique opportunity to cash in on 505 Games' ineptitude and they will have another chance to have another bite of the cherry come the Australian leg of the Ashes series later this year.

No, it's not that ludicrous. Let me list a few points...

1. It's time for Ashes which contributes to the biggest bump in the sales figures.

2. First mover advantage in niche titles is huge. Not many folks buy these titles in the first place and the number dwindles significantly if a title follows another cricketing game.

3. What if AC 13 (or AC 14 which I suspect the game will be named) is released pretty close to the BAC game? Most of the casual fans, who make up majority of consumer base, will go for licensed Ashes title than the BAC one. "Ashes" in the title of the game is a huge plus given the market you are targeting are primarily UK and Australian ones.

Strategies do not remain static and set in stone forever and you need to change if the market conditions change, which have changed. Till recently it was assumed AC 13 would release on June 21st, which is not happening. It's a huge game changer and warrants a change in tactics. BA is in a unique opportunity to cash in on 505 Games' ineptitude and they will have another chance to have another bite of the cherry come the Australian leg of the Ashes series later this year.

All of your points stay valid if Ashes 13 is delayed.There is no official statement which justifies speculation surrounding Ashes delay.Also,BigAnt has confirmed this earlier that they are in for a long haul and the first release is just to set a good consumer base.

Ross has also confirmed that they are yet to begin their marketing campaign for casual fans.The so called 'artillery' as Ross calls it,is yet to fire.

@Big Ant/Ross;

If its not too late to ask, if you are adding World Cup tournament to your game can you make it more exciting from other tournaments in it? I mean it should look different, exciting, more colorful & noisy. & if you win it you should feel some sense of achievement.

All of your points stay valid if Ashes 13 is delayed.There is no official statement which justifies speculation surrounding Ashes delay.Also,BigAnt has confirmed this earlier that they are in for a long haul and the first release is just to set a good consumer base.

Ross has also confirmed that they are yet to begin their marketing campaign for casual fans.The so called 'artillery' as Ross calls it,is yet to fire.

As per Ross, he knew about the AC 13 delay for more than 2 months. That's my premise, i.e. if you have known about the delay why not make the move? It's pretty much clear now that AC 13 will have a PC only release on 21st and console versions will not be available for foreseeable future. Bunch of retailers (Zavvi, Hut, Asda, play-asia etc.) have already posted the delay info for console versions on their web-site.

No....missled me with previous release dates? Yes.

How?

----------

@Big Ant/Ross;

If its not too late to ask, if you are adding World Cup tournament to your game can you make it more exciting from other tournaments in it? I mean it should look different, exciting, more colorful & noisy. & if you win it you should feel some sense of achievement.

Good point....winning bugger tournaments should have an additional sense of achievement.

Probably talking about the fact that their website said the game was coming in 2010, but there was never a solid date. Game would be 1000x better now than it would have been in 2010 anyway.

What previous release dates?

The Big Ant game was originally supposed to come out sometime in 2010 and that's how it was advertised at the time. See some of the links below and if you do a google search you will find a few more sources.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/cricket-games-news/big-ant-working-cricket-game-69174.html

Multiplat - New Cricket Game by Big Ant | BigFooty AFL Forum

Cricket by Bigant coming soon [Archive] - Sidhe Forums

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread