Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

The people who count, the retailers, know we are coming. Things are going to plan and I am happy with progress.

As far as I know Ashes on console is not close to release. The battle has not begun and that is why there is little marketing for ashes other than that which was booked waaayyy in advance. People are asking why they would use buggy screenshots in their marketing/media - simple answer - it's the best they have. If they had better then you would be seeing it.

The PC version of Ashes is being released so as to make a date that is a contractual obligation with the licensors, not because it is "ready" or great.

If the game was to be released next week then no one has been working on it for a month and it would be in the retailers warehouses NOW.

If I am wrong then I have been played, if not then you all have - there are no excuses - it will have a prolonged deception that has gone for months all the way up to this week.

Couple of points Ross...

1. The people who count are not retailers but your consumer base, casual cricket fans who will buy the product. If they don't even know the game exists or can't be bothered to do some research, which most don't, they will go with AC 13. If your game doesn't show up on the first page of google search, you will lose plenty of customers who could have bought or waited for your product but will now move on to something else (AC 13).

2. Thanks for confirming my fears, i.e. AC 13 release on 21st is a watered down PC only release which is almost like a beta. Essentially folks will be paying 15 quid for an unfinished product as the screenshots with bat held backwards and "floating head" wkt keeper signifies. The fact that 505 Games allowed pre-orders on console versions knowing fully well the game is delayed by a few months is reprehensible and shows how much they value the paying customers. They have been lying through their teeth and am waiting for 21st to confirm the same.

@fiction
The ACreed stuff looks nice

----------
@cricket_online
The people who count with regard to sales are the retailers at this point if time, Xbox are about to find that out if they don't make changes.

Last edited:
Will there be any news next week on cricket 14 or TTC??

It's a big week as it contains the 19th June - that's when the patch and DLC for Rugby League Live II goes online - oh, and it contains the 21st June, which rumour has it is a release date for something too - I am sure there will be lots of news :)

@cricket_online
The people who count with regard to sales are the retailers at this point if time, Xbox are about to find that out if they don't make changes.

I still believe you missed a huge trick by not having the game on shelves by the tile 1st Ashes Test rolls out (July 10th). If you knew all along AC 13 wasn't anywhere ready and you were in a position to push the game out by that time, you should have done so. I mean Champions Trophy would have just gotten over, Ashes about to start... to me that's the ideal time to have the game on the shelf. On top of that you get to get a bite of the cherry again when Ashes roll around in Nov/Dec later this year.

Not counting on 21st atall. They actually told us to stay tuned for an E3 preview. And the game is said to be released in a week and they don't show anything. Are they afraid? This is not even like hide and seek, its like hide hide...from BigAnt probably.
Shouldn't they be proud to show their game?

----------

I still believe you missed a huge trick by not having the game on shelves by the tile 1st Ashes Test rolls out (July 10th). If you knew all along AC 13 wasn't anywhere ready and you were in a position to push the game out by that time, you should have done so. I mean Champions Trophy would have just gotten over, Ashes about to start... to me that's the ideal time to have the game on the shelf. On top of that you get to get a bite of the cherry again when Ashes roll around in Nov/Dec later this year.

I think Ross never missed that trick. Hes just waiting for 21st June I guess.

I think Ross never missed that trick. Hes just waiting for 21st June I guess.

But Ross has already mentioned it will take a month or two from the time he launches his marketing blitz, including play-sessions at some game stores (EB), for the game to be released. So even if Ross starts his blitz on Jun 22nd, the earliest I see the game coming out is beginning of Aug which is again not the same timeline I talked about, i.e. game releasing by July 10th.

I'm getting the feeling Ross is gearing up to release his game. If there's no AC13 console release next week expect an announcement from Big Ant. :yes

I'm getting the feeling Ross is gearing up to release his game. If there's no AC13 console release next week expect an announcement from Big Ant. :yes

But there will be news on Table Top Cricket...

I hope so.... Don't want to go through another summer without a cricket game especially after being led to believe a game release was just round the corner (AC 13) :(

Ross or Mike
Did you guys see my question regarding statistics and the way Cricket Coach does its Almanac after each season? Some juicy news on stats would warm my heart after the chill wind of "stay tuned" has made cold my bones!

The PC version of Ashes is being released so as to make a date that is a contractual obligation with the licensors, not because it is "ready" or great.

OK... I don't like the sound of that at all. ?15 or not, I'm holding fire.

Ross, are you suggesting the new PS4 is well ahead of the xbox One....?

That was clear from the way folks applauded Sony's presentation. You got to remember that those were not some average fans or geeks. They were invited to the trade show and are working in the industry (developing/publishing).

Users who are viewing this thread