Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I just know I'll get through to you one day :p :D

I think today could be that day!

//Set Sony CEO Mode On

He's just walked past Ashes Cricket...was paused but looked fully playable.

I can add a pause menu to the screen grab at the top of this page - will that make it "fully playable"? I'm really looking forward to Nicholas Cage's Cricket because that looked fully playable too and from what I hear has many more features :)

Why do you think the game was paused.....? Surely you would take the opportunity to have it in motion with a live camera there presenting to the world :)

//Set Sony CEO Mode Off..... for now

Maybe it wasn't paused, but just lag?... ;) Also, never again besmirch the good name of Nicolas Cage Cricket...

I think today could be that day!

//Set Sony CEO Mode On

I can add a pause menu to the screen grab at the top of this page - will that make it "fully playable"? I'm really looking forward to Nicholas Cage's Cricket because that looked fully playable too and from what I hear has many more features :)

Why do you think the game was paused.....? Surely you would take the opportunity to have it in motion with a live camera there presenting to the world :)

//Set Sony CEO Mode Off..... for now

Lol...pretty sure it was a playable demo or there would be no reason for them to display it there. Problem is those dumbasses put an ashes game on display in a conference dominated by north americans. GENIUS move!

Yes, because no one knows there is a competitor because the only people that know about Big Ant's game are a few thousand on here and Big Footy.

AC13's marketing failures are only matched by the absence of a press announcement of the existence of Big Ant's title. Big Ant might be doing a lot for the community, but they've missed several boats on getting broader momentum for Cricket 14.

I do not believe we have missed anything. If you market to the broader consumer too early you cannot maintain the momentum and they will lose interest. I am saving the artillery for the right time.

I certainly think it reasonably outrageous to say I have somehow matched, as you put it, "AC13's marketing failures".

This guy gets it. You don't have a release date so there's no point in marketing to anyone at the moment. You're pissing into the wind telling "general public" folks about your game without that and I prefer the special attention we get all to ourselves :yes

I certainly think it reasonably outrageous to say I have somehow matched, as you put it, "AC13's marketing failures".
I think if the stuff you've released so far just came with a press release - then the journalists who can't do enough research to know there's no 'Ashes Cricket 2011' would at the very least drop a line in about the competition. Only the local outlets that know of your other sports titles seem to have brought you up in their coverage, and even then there's no challenge to the 'but we've got licences' defence.

The articles are being written as if they are the only cricket game in years so accept it. Plenty of people who aren't following sites like this will see Ashes in a retail store or presumably on post-release marketing, buy it and then not be considering a second cricket game months later.

I think you guys had the chance to have every article written about Ashes Cricket mention this game and its wealth of features by comparison - something to make people aware of it and to get them to wait for this game.

Ashes is walking into an open market, I think that is a marketing failure when you've got such a good product.

Problem is those same articles would have "release date tbc" which is codeword for "give a ----" for most people. We're the ones that matter right now, not your humdrum mum buying her son his birthday present in October when the game hits shelves.

EDIT: And lets assume they have licensed stuff that is Australian Based for their home season, no point in shouting that now with Champions Trophy and Ashes dominanting for months. Big Bash will seem trivial.

Last edited:
You can't buy Ashes. You can pay for it but you can't buy it.

It is something you have mentioned yourself Ross. You said the if the ashes game doesn't get good reviews it might do you more harm than good. The way to counter that is to let the general public aware that there is an alternative coming which will have more features than the ashes. That will keep many of them away from investing on ashes for now. Or else they will buy ashes now and skip yours if ashes end up being a bad game.

Here is a great marketing idea ross, just release the name with coming soon after:p. 79 Cricket 14 here we come.:thumbs

Ross is probably waiting to announce the game to the public, but because it's a little unclear when 505 are releasing their game, he's forced to wait. :yes Marketing is a bit like batting, if you get you're timing wrong you're screwed.

A few fridays back, there was supposed to be a press announcement. We waited and waited but hardly anything good came out of it until barmy posted something useful a few days later.
Now this friday, we have done the same thing waiting to get a look at the gameplay and no surprises. Hoping atleast Big Ant has something for us this friday. Ross, you were gonna talk about the stats tracking right?

Maybe it wasn't paused, but just lag?... ;) Also, never again besmirch the good name of Nicolas Cage Cricket...

Or maybe they were showing online play and it froze, happened before hasnt it ;)

----------

Here is a great marketing idea ross, just release the name with coming soon after:p. 79 Cricket 14 here we come.:thumbs

The name can be released now with the ?????? attached.....Ross can hype up the name of the player for a later release and simply say 'coming soon' for the release date. I agree with Matt....Ross, you have already releases a lot of info to us and you can use the same info (and CA beta...which is pretty stable now) for a press release.

If nothing, you atleast owe it to us fans and all the other cricket fans around the world, to atleast let them know that there is another game in development which is much better than the ashes one and would be releasing in the next four months itself, so people who will only be buying one game atleast have the 'opportunity' to decide whether they want to buy ac13 or wait for a couple of extra months and buy Cricket14.

Atleast let them know about this game.

Last edited:
I was a bit surprised that speaking to various cricket and gaming journalists at the Lord's event very few had heard that Big Ant had a game coming. Maybe they just weren't going their research properly... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread