Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

So Ross....is it a good time to reveal how the batsman would be judging the line and length of the ball?? With these bowling mechanics it would be a miracle if even the bowler knew for sure where the ball would land :p

A disability allowance? Job seekers allowance? Do you have kids? Do you have any assets? Are you self-employed? I will need to have the full details to these questions before being able help you further.........

I'm not much of a form filler unfortunately.

So Ross....is it a good time to reveal how the batsman would be judging the line and length of the ball?? With these bowling mechanics it would be a miracle if even the bowler knew for sure where the ball would land :p

And that's kinda like real life isn't it? :D

Sure the LAS, as it controls the swing ( so maybe seam too) of the ball!

Hmm...but the question still remains how we choose what to bowl! Will it go through the various options available to your bowler (like a mini menu) or will it show you the seam of the ball and you decide what angle you want to hold it. I guess it would be the former, as obviously you cant have all bowlers bowling all kinds of deliveries just based on how they hold the seam!! With the mini-menu you can control what kind of deliveries are available to the bowler!!

----------

And that's kinda like real life isn't it? :D

Absolutely!!

I am just wondering how the batsman will judge the ball, as in real life you see the ball and react to it without any controller lag....however in video games you do have a little lag. Also, in video games it is slightly more difficult to judge the line and length of the ball since you are viewing it in 2d!

I am sure BA has got it sorted out, else they wouldnt have gone ahead with it, but I am just curious about how they implemented it :D!

Something tells me I would be bowling more deliveries in this game than facing them :D!! The best bowling mechanics ever!

Sounds great bigant team, my question is if you bowl short will the ball go over the batsmen head like the real thing unlike ic2010, so in perth you could bowl so short the ball goes over the wicket keepers head for 4. PS Can you duck a short bowl. Anyway sounds great, can't wait to see this in action.:clap

Seems like finally I'll be playing a cricket game and won't doze off while bowling.

No menus/mini-menus/hud for bowling - they are not required.

Seems like finally I'll be playing a cricket game and won't doze off while bowling.

Or simulating it!! Something that I did in almost all the previous games!! One of the reasons why I would not be simulating it is because it actually needs as much practice now was batting did in previous games!! You would stand nowhere in online matches if you cant bowl, bat or field in this game!! In all previous games, it was only the batting that you needed to master (that too the timing)....bowling was always too easy to control...however now you actually need to use your head more during bowling as with the variable weather, pitch and ball condition....all your practice and timing can go for a toss pretty soon!

It's a fantastic way to get more edges into the game! With the one batting uncertain about the line and length likely inclined to put his front foot forward and block it out for the first couple of overs. It's scary to think that I might actually really enjoy bowling on this game! Never have I ever contemplated bowling as the fun feature before

Really intuitive controls!

Makes a nice change from playing a mate and seeing THAT circle on the wicket head for your toes time after time! So, I'm glad these BA controls reward skill and practice.

Sorry If I have understood it poorly but as we are predetermining the lengths but cant we change the length on the batsman actions.?
For eg-I had selected a full ball and I see batsman comingg down the wicket and I want to bowl short now.Can i?
Ofcourse your accuracy will be compromised while changin the lenth

I was really hoping the right analog was going to be used. Awesome!

This plus manual fielding! Test matches are going to be llloooooonnnnggg! (Thats a good thing btw)

Users who are viewing this thread