Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

awesome graphics.........i m just waiting to play..when will it release..rply....

Hey Ross , as you said you cant release the trailer or any gameplay footage right now due to licensing ...But when can we expect?? :D

Hey Ross , as you said you cant release the trailer or any gameplay footage right now due to licensing ...But when can we expect?? :D

An update to Cricket Academy on friday and the control scheme for bowling in the game some time today! :)

I compared Big Ant cricket 14 and Ashes 13 screenshots, BigAnt screens seem next generation in comparison to Ashes. Ross youve done an amazing job, amazing detail. I am so sure the gameplay will be much better too, i hope the controls are not too hard. Never batted with two analogs at the same time..

It's worthwhile. I'm very happy that BA hasn't wasted time or, even worse, dumbed down the controls to cater for the small amount of keyboard users.

yeah i know i want to do anything to play this excelent game waiting for it....

PACE Bowling Controls

I will have Mike post the final controls for bowling later today to give you a better idea of how it works.

These are the main controls for Pace Bowling.

Pre-Bowl
LB/RB button - change between over and around the wicket
X ? Rub/Shine Ball

Pressing Y/B/A will determine a length of the Pitch,
Y being Full,
B being Short and
A being Good ?
this is the range of length you are aiming for. Pressing this will start the bowling run up.

Bowling Phase
Right Analogue Stick DOWN (hold down) - this will make the bowler jump - - you will need to time this well, as it will affect where your bowler plants his front foot.
Too early and that bouncer you wanted to deliver with your 2m tall bowler isn't going to be as effective, too late and you've got yourself a no ball.
Also, the speed you do this will add extra effort to the delivery (albeit at the expense of some stamina)

RAS UP ? This will deliver the ball, when you release it and what position you push to, will determine the ultimate line and length of the delivery inside your original Length Range.

Example:-
if you pressed B for short delivery and then you wait late before pressing RAS UP this will give you the shortest possible delivery with your bowler.

If you push directly up on the RAS your line will be just outside off stump, pushing up to the left or right of that position will affect the line accordingly.

Left Analogue Stick ? Determines how you hold the ball and will affect how the ball moves in the air of off the deck. Depending on the condition of the ball will dictate what you might need to the both LAS and RAS to compensate for movement.

I realise that?s a bit to take in, but we are going to be layering these controls through the difficulties ? so to start with you will be able to deliver fairly good deliveries with just the following.

Press A button to start run up. Pull back on RAS, Push Forward on RAS ? that?s it. Get the timing right and you will deliver a ball at a Good length just outside off stump.

The easier levels will have more basic players, they'll have slower bowl speeds, less swing making them easier to control. But as the levels progress the batsman are better, and as your bowlers get better you need to have better control of swing and also your line and length.

Wow just Wow. This will give us so much opportunity to experiment and there seems to be a very good risk and reward system built into this cool sounding mechanism. We are yet to know about spinner control. These may not be very different to pace controls.

----------

A quick question Mike:
Can only the bowler shine the ball? Also how will we bowl a slower delivery? Will it also be dictated by how we grip the ball or is there a specific button press?

These are the main controls for Pace Bowling.

Pre-Bowl
LB/RB button - change between over and around the wicket
X ? Rub/Shine Ball

Pressing Y/B/A will determine a length of the Pitch,
Y being Full,
B being Short and
A being Good ?
this is the range of length you are aiming for. Pressing this will start the bowling run up.

Bowling Phase
Right Analogue Stick DOWN (hold down) - this will make the bowler jump - - you will need to time this well, as it will affect where your bowler plants his front foot.
Too early and that bouncer you wanted to deliver with your 2m tall bowler isn't going to be as effective, too late and you've got yourself a no ball.
Also, the speed you do this will add extra effort to the delivery (albeit at the expense of some stamina)

RAS UP ? This will deliver the ball, when you release it and what position you push to, will determine the ultimate line and length of the delivery inside your original Length Range.

Example:-
if you pressed B for short delivery and then you wait late before pressing RAS UP this will give you the shortest possible delivery with your bowler.

If you push directly up on the RAS your line will be just outside off stump, pushing up to the left or right of that position will affect the line accordingly.

Left Analogue Stick ? Determines how you hold the ball and will affect how the ball moves in the air of off the deck. Depending on the condition of the ball will dictate what you might need to the both LAS and RAS to compensate for movement.

I realise that?s a bit to take in, but we are going to be layering these controls through the difficulties ? so to start with you will be able to deliver fairly good deliveries with just the following.

Press A button to start run up. Pull back on RAS, Push Forward on RAS ? that?s it. Get the timing right and you will deliver a ball at a Good length just outside off stump.

The easier levels will have more basic players, they'll have slower bowl speeds, less swing making them easier to control. But as the levels progress the batsman are better, and as your bowlers get better you need to have better control of swing and also your line and length.

With this you guys have earned all my respect......perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread