Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

^^^
Nothing in there describes the lofted shots and that's why I want a bit of clarity regarding the same. The batting mechanism talks about foot placement, bat control, defensive and aggressive shots but nothing about how to play a lofted shot. Do note that aggressive shots don't mean lofted shots as you do have aggressive ground shots. I guess we need to get a better handle on how the aggressive ground shots are different from aggressive lofted shots and how to play a lofted shot.

I'd say omitting the lofted shots button and deciding the ball trajectory solely on the basis of placement, timing, power and the collision of bat & ball (that's the most important thing to decide the nature of the shot) is the way to go. Now that's real cricket. May be it isn't this way in Cricket14 but it certainly is the direction in which they should be heading.
But then I get a feeling that since placement & timing is in our hands, position of bat or rather strokeplay is decided by us, power is analog, there is a real physics collision system in there, it could just be this way. How I hope I'm true. That control scheme would be like a dream come true.

I guess one trigger for ground strokes and another for lofted..But it will be better if Ross or Mike clear us..

Last edited:
I'd say omitting the lofted shots button and deciding the ball trajectory solely on the basis of placement, timing, power and the collision of bat & ball (that's the most important thing to decide the nature of the shot) is the way to go. Now that's real cricket. May be it isn't this way in Cricket14 but it certainly is the direction in which they should be heading.
But then I get a feeling that since placement & timing is in our hands, position of bat or rather strokeplay is decided by us, power is analog, there is a real physics collision system in there, it could just be this way. How I hope I'm true. That control scheme would be like a dream come true.

As long as user has control over playing a lofted or ground shot, I am fine. Would hate to see the ball go in the air randomly.

Ok it will be better if Ross or Mike clear us..

++

Hope Mike clarifies on the lofted shot piece as rest of the stuff is not that difficult to fathom.

hiee guyz this is my first comment in planet cricket
mike can you post the key board controls for bowling so that pc users can understand easily

mike can you post the key board controls for bowling so that pc users can understand easily

Rosco said mike would post them later today i recall so sit tight it should be on its way:yes

Although ross has also said it wouldnt be eadily played ona keyboard youd need a controller..that might just be for batting though. I bought a xbox 360 control for $100 just to play this game on pc

Last edited:

The game is not playable with keyboard, you need a joypad.

Best way to show the control would be through a video but Ross has already ruled it out due to licensing issue (haven't we heard that one before :rolleyes). It will be interesting to see how Mike explains the controls.

...you need a joypad.

That's what she said...

Seriously though, is there a recommended controller we should buy? I know you talked about doing a bundle or something, but Dutch finally paid me what he owes me so I'm cashed up, is there a "Big Ant Approved" device?

That's what she said...

Seriously though, is there a recommended controller we should buy? I know you talked about doing a bundle or something, but Dutch finally paid me what he owes me so I'm cashed up, is there a "Big Ant Approved" device?

Ross recomended to get an xbox 360 one cos thats what they use

Perfect. Was just wondering if they had some fancy-schmancy one...

Yep, it has been developed using Xbox controllers on PC's... every developer here has one.

Users who are viewing this thread