Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

God:eek: you go for a sleep and wake up to bigant pc on fire mode, I see your point martyn but remember like other have said ross or mike and the late chief do not have to be here, sure believing is seeing but at the same time let's not push them away. PS The bowling sounds great bigant, I don't like bowling to much in games but I like the sound of this so far.:D

----------

I will have Mike post the final controls for bowling later today to give you a better idea of how it works.

You don't play the game much I guess ross as mike knows all the little details, I guess you have to be the boss and spend the rest of your time on here with us crazy folks.:thumbs

To see the point in any of that jibber-jabber you must also live under a bridge 79C...

Mike is the producer, he knows *all* about the game and is less likely to make an error than I am :)

Chief made a mistake in calling me out on the delay, I am sure he regrets doing that, however he trusted the developer and then they burned him and left him out hanging- that's not his fault at all. I was looking forward to lively discussions with him down the track and banter back and forth...

Last edited:
To see the point in any of that jibber-jabber you must also live under a bridge 79C...

Mike is the producer, he knows *all* about the game and is less likely to make an error than I am :)

Chief made a mistake in calling me out on the delay, I am sure he regrets doing that, however he trusted the developer and then they burned him and left him out hanging- that's not his fault at all. I was looking forward to lively discussions with him down the track and banter back and forth...

Sorry I was meaning till we play the game nothing is 100% because as you would have read and know already gameplay is king, also I live in a house not under a bridge.;)

I get the feeling that chief has been sacked or he quit himself, even on ashes forum he has gone from this forum world.

If we select a very grey climate with heavy downpour,is there a possibility that the game will have a delayed start?ODI or tests?That would be awesome :p

I will have Mike post the final controls for bowling later today to give you a better idea of how it works.

Ross, would appreciate it if you can ask Mike to do so for batting as well. I am especially curious about how the lofted shots are played since you hinted earlier there's no "lofted shot" button. It would really take away from the game if playing a lofted shot is not in user's control and you can't hit a lofted shot even if you need 10+ an over towards the end of a run chase.

Last edited:
lol... for the first time in months decided to turn in before 12'... Spidey sense I guess....

1342 posts of question avoidance since October and counting... I have answered the questions, some people just don't like the answers.

Screenshots - you have some, with user generated content

Trailer - Licensing will come at the official launch of the game, the trailer cannot be released prior for obvious reasons.

Gameplay - as we do with all of our games, open to the public play sessions in stores prior to the game releasing, with developers on hand including myself for one-on-one Q&A. You get to ask questions, play and try before you buy.
Whtever information you gave us is more then enough for us to buy that game, with those info's i can tell how awesome that game will come out but idk why some ppl just complains alot. I do too, sometimes i just post some stupid treads and i really apology for those stuffs. But i am a real cricket fan. Idk how i ended up being an US citizen. I am really thanksfull u to ROSS for gifting us an awesome cricket game. Take ur time but deliver it to us with the 100% best of urs.
Cricket is no 2 best sports on the earth then why its being given a little amount of value with AC09,IC10,AC13 those A$$ games, old games were so better. Its 2013 COME ON look at FIFA,NBA,NFL. ROSS u and ur team will make it happen so GOOD LUCKS. ignore those stupids. Sry for my bad english, acctually driving but cud t wait to replay my thoughts.

Now safe home, mate lol

Fantastic! Would of been kinda depressing if you crashed after typing that :)

nah chill...wrote that depressing as paragraph during red lights..lol not really in the mood to get 100$ worth a ticket lmao.

Ross, would appreciate it if you can ask Mike to do so for batting as well. I am especially curious about how the lofted shots are played since you hinted earlier there's no "lofted shot" button. It would really take away from the game if playing a lofted shot is not in user's control and you can't hit a lofted shot even if you need 10+ an over towards the end of a run chase.

Not sure when he said that. On the contrary he said completely the opposite if i am not wrong.

----------

nah chill...wrote that depressing as paragraph during red lights..lol not really in the mood to get 100$ worth a ticket lmao.

Wouldn't matter. Cell phone on the hand while your car is not in parking would get you the ticket.

Not sure when he said that. On the contrary he said completely the opposite if i am not wrong.

IIRC Ross mentioned there wouldn't be a button for lofting the ball and that's why am curious about how lofted shots are played. I don't want to see EA Cricket 97 (Ashes Tour Edition) like batting mechanism where lofted shots are played at random with the user having no control over the same.

Eagerly awaiting Mike's explanation of controls. The new control scheme will be make or break thing for cricket 14. I truly hope that the casual fan base can get to grips with it. Most here at PC definitely would.

I think ross said everything is controlled manually and NOTHING is automatic or AI controlled while batting.

IIRC Ross mentioned there wouldn't be a button for lofting the ball and that's why am curious about how lofted shots are played. I don't want to see EA Cricket 97 (Ashes Tour Edition) like batting mechanism where lofted shots are played at random with the user having no control over the same.

I think lofted shots are played using triggers.. This is what Ross said:

OK, last I will post on batting for now. There is no AI involved, you have to bat yourself! Main controls are:

Left stick foot placement in the shot.

Right stick controls the bat.

Thumb pad controls position in the crease.

Variable triggers are used for defensive and aggressive play.

Bumpers are for advancing down the wicket and unorthodox shots.

(You cannot do this all on a keyboard)

For clarity, the right stick makes the stroke. Triggers are analogue and therefore variable as to their intensity. You never use both triggers in the game but can quickly switch from holding one to the other to change your mind. (Now this is really the last I can comment on it for a while.)

Users who are viewing this thread