Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

When playing it, does the bowling action seem to you a bit like the swing control in the console Golf games? That's the thing the description made me think of, my attempts to flick the stick back perfectly straight with the most power.

I certainly look forward to trying it - I think it's great after all these years to finally get some innovation in bowling control schemes.

Hope that covers it

It does :cheers!! I apologize....I had not read that post of yours....sorry :(!!

The controls sound amazing....its actually magical how you guys thought of the slightest details!! Bowler pulling out at the delivery stride....lol...I am sure even the guy who asked that did not believe that it would be in the game and got a shock when you said that is already there in this game!!! Im very curious as to how you guys planned it all out!! Maybe you can do a developer's video on it or something :p!! Truly amazing!!

Will the batsman be able to know atleast any one of bowler's decisions before the ball is delivered?? i.e what length, swing etc..

There are two main things to think about

What field is set - so if bowling to that field it's first clue
At point of release concentrate on the ball. We give info at that point about line and length.

3.)How is the line determined?

The line is determined by

a) the direction you push the Right Analog Stick forward
b) The swing on the ball

So say if you are bowling an outswinger, and you push the RAS towards the leg stump, with the swing the ball will end up on the off stump!!

Well I am sure its more complicated than that.....but its just an idea of what will determine the line :p

It does :cheers!! I apologize....I had not read that post of yours....sorry :(!!

The controls sound amazing....its actually magical how you guys thought of the slightest details!! Bowler pulling out at the delivery stride....lol...I am sure even the guy who asked that did not believe that it would be in the game and got a shock when you said that is already there in this game!!! Im very curious as to how you guys planned it all out!! Maybe you can do a developer's video on it or something :p!! Truly amazing!!

Lol yah. I would also likely to know what are the feature list you initially decided to have in the game and how much was left out of it and how much was added to it as it progressed. I have a hard time believing you decided to include this much details from the very beginning. Because that would make it look impossible to achieve.

I am not reading too much on controls right now so skipping the posts mostly. I want to get surprised and learn the hard way when I get this game.

With your talent, I am sure you would have everything sorted out from CA files itself before the game is released :p

When playing it, does the bowling action seem to you a bit like the swing control in the console Golf games? That's the thing the description made me think of, my attempts to flick the stick back perfectly straight with the most power.

I certainly look forward to trying it - I think it's great after all these years to finally get some innovation in bowling control schemes.

Kind of, my initial thoughts when designing it out was that the bowling action was an upside down golf swing. It progressed from there.

Kind of, my initial thoughts when designing it out was that the bowling action was an upside down golf swing. It progressed from there.

I am guessing the same would be the case with batting as well.....Pull the RAS down (when using first person view camera) for backlift...then push it up for the shot...direction would determine the direction of the shot???

At point of release concentrate on the ball. We give info at that point about line and length.

Thanks for the reply mike..So at the point of release will the bowling marker appear suddenly?

Want to give a bit more info on that?

Then I guess, having no one deep behind square on the leg and bowling a short ball would be a real surprise and a good way to keep the batsman guessing! Great job. Long Live Big Ant Studios:thumbs

Want to give a bit more info on that?

I think that part should be left for us to discover :D!! Still a long way for the game to be released!! I would love to discover that after watching the gameplay vids ;)

At some point the batsman has to be given some information :) and it's all about the ball release, keep your eyes on the ball, we have no markers on the pitch.

Looks like the 2 games will be released around the same time. Might have to write off Ashes

Users who are viewing this thread