Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

At some point the batsman has to be given some information :) and it's all about the ball release, keep your eyes on the ball, we have no markers on the pitch.

Enough..thank you mike:)

I guess we have to bat only from behind the stumps cam view..

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the info Mike. One quick question for you: how do you bowl a slower ball or vary your pace?

At some point the batsman has to be given some information :) and it's all about the ball release, keep your eyes on the ball, we have no markers on the pitch.
AWESOME!!!and about batting.....how many different shots can we play are there any special shots....can we hit a ball in all directions?i.e 360 degrees?does batting looks similar to ashes or ea or is it a new experience....Thanks for reading

@mike since there is a minimalised HUD.......how does the new presentation layout looks like( colour scheme,scorecards)?? also will help tips be displayed for practising initially??

Whats coming on this friday CA update

1.More Screenies
2.Trailer
3.Annoncement of release date (by solving a puzzle)
4.A cake

I like 3rd option

1.More Screenies
2.Trailer
4.A cake

I like 3rd option

Dont think so!! The release date would probably be announced in a press release!

I think it's great after all these years to finally get some innovation in bowling control schemes.

My sentiments exactly. Sounds genuinely fresh, also with a decent learning curve as well. One of my frustrations with just about every cricket game ever was how boring bowling is in the game with little to no learning curve. Just figure out the timing and you're away... Not suggesting that this version is going to be terribly different because I imagine muscle-memory will kick in eventually once all the permutations have been discovered, but there's certainly a MUCH bigger window for a more complex and rewarding bowling system on the harder difficulties, which I find genuinely interesting and exciting.

Kudos. Makes for impressive reading...

Great bowling system! Truly unique! However I have one question remaining. How does the state of the pitch affect the bowling mechanics? As a spinner myself ( Shocking I know! :p ) I am always disappointed to see a mediocre spinner in a video game spinning it like SK on day one!

Last edited:
Games looks amazing!!! Can't wait!

I hope this game's "hard" level is far superior to Ashes Cricket!

In Ashes Cricket 2009 I scored 1000 runs not out with one player on "hard" level. I was 1275/3

Been waiting for an realistic cricket game, look like Big Ant Cricket will deliver in every aspect!

Well done guys!:lol:thumbs

That's all for tonight, got some Andy Murrary to watch

He's making a meal of it. I hope productivity is not impacted if he loses! (well, considering the time in Melbourne and the possibility that it could go to 5 sets you're going to need a lot of coffee tomorrow!)

Ok so atleast we don't have to guess till the ball reaches us. Thats a good thing I guess. But that keeps me wondering what can be the info without the marker ?? :rolleyes

A swinging line in red showing us the trajectory ?? :D or a Spot in front of the batsman like in MLB 2k12 to highlight a zone where the ball might be coming too.??:D

1.More Screenies
2.Trailer
4.A cake

I like 3rd option

Breaking news mate, it's a cake made by ross and mike for us pc folks.:clap

----------

The bowling and batting sound unreal, so much love has been put into this game. The only thing I worry about is a 150km Yorker or a bouncer to the head on hard level. PS Did I read right that for batting there will be a clue to where the ball will pitch, maybe a quick flash on the screen saying short,good,full or am I reading it wrong.:spy

i had been a part of cricket analytics for many cricket teams and i must say this is the best bowling control one can give , really commendable. :thumbs :clap

----------

this game needs serious concentration and time to try becoming a pro. all of us never batted in a game without a marker , i dont know what we gonna do...

Users who are viewing this thread