Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Breaking news mate, it's a cake made by ross and mike for us pc folks.:clap

----------

The bowling and batting sound unreal, so much love has been put into this game. The only thing I worry about is a 150km Yorker or a bouncer to the head on hard level. PS Did I read right that for batting there will be a clue to where the ball will pitch, maybe a quick flash on the screen saying short,good,full or am I reading it wrong.:spy
Also noticed that, butMike said Info would be given to the batsman, absolutely no markers on the pitch, and no HUD

----------

i had been a part of cricket analytics for many cricket teams and i must say this is the best bowling control one can give , really commendable. :thumbs :clap

----------

this game needs serious concentration and time to try becoming a pro. all of us never batted in a game without a marker , i dont know what we gonna do...
All I can say is, Its time to play "Cricket"

Well he said we have to concentrate on the ball when it is about to get released. That will give us a clue about the line and length. Makes me very curious. Cant guess what they have come up woth other than some kind of color code around the ball or the button that was pressed (a,b or y) that flashes for less than a second giving us an idea of the length atleast. We will probably be able to predict the line by looking at the angle of the hand.

Or maybe there is a HUGE difference visually when a bowler is bowling a full delivery vs a good length vs a full delivery. That along with the angle of his delivery arm would give us distinct clues about line and length

Last edited:
Well he said we have to concentrate on the ball when it is about to get released. That will give us a clue about the line and length. Makes me very curious. Cant guess what they have come up woth other than some kind of color code around the ball or the button that was pressed (a,b or y) that flashes for less than a second giving us an idea of the length atleast. We will probably be able to predict the line by looking at the angle of the hand.

Or maybe there is a HUGE difference visually when a bowler is bowling a full delivery vs a good length vs a full delivery. That along with the angle of his delivery arm would give us distinct clues about line and length

you just have to watch the release. early release is a fullish delivery late release is a short ball etc.

Lol yah. I would also likely to know what are the feature list you initially decided to have in the game and how much was left out of it and how much was added to it as it progressed. I have a hard time believing you decided to include this much details from the very beginning. Because that would make it look impossible to achieve.

We always start with a complete list of *everything* fans would want in the game we are producing. We identify the core elements that cannot be removed (eg in the case of Cricket, fielding :p ), elements that should be in the game but might be removed depending on budget/time, and a so on until the list is complete. We then identify the amount of time for each of the elements and work out the final in-game feature list.

PS: Picture Mike screaming at the TV last night "bloody Scotsman"! but by the time I get to the office this morning Andy will of course be British again :yes

----------

When playing it, does the bowling action seem to you a bit like the swing control in the console Golf games? That's the thing the description made me think of, my attempts to flick the stick back perfectly straight with the most power.

I certainly look forward to trying it - I think it's great after all these years to finally get some innovation in bowling control schemes.

That's where the big risk is, it is so different to the previous games, but you can't innovate without taking risks.

We could never have released a "same same" Cricket game, it's like covers that sound identical to the original - what's the point???

Ross, just looking at the match type designer in CA and I've only just noticed we can create day/night test matches. Will the colour of the ball be changed once it gets dark? Or is the red ball still easily visible under lights?

Games looks amazing!!! Can't wait!

I hope this game's "hard" level is far superior to Ashes Cricket!

In Ashes Cricket 2009 I scored 1000 runs not out with one player on "hard" level. I was 1275/3

Been waiting for an realistic cricket game, look like Big Ant Cricket will deliver in every aspect!

Well done guys!:lol:thumbs

try ea cricket 2007 with tutsi 4.1 patch ..its still difficult

That's where the big risk is, it is so different to the previous games, but you can't innovate without taking risks.

What I would like to know is, as a batsman, can we innovate with switch hits, dil-scoops, ramps and reverse sweeps?

By the way, the bowling system sounds very good :thumbs

Something I noticed about all the questions/comments in regards to BA Cricket comes from a position of playing all the other crickets games that have been released and how they do things.

As promise two or something years ago when I first saw a banner ad about BA Cricket promising "Cricket as you've never seen before" they are living up to this.

Asking questions like 'will there be a button for this or how do you do <insert something commonly found in cricket>' are rather pointless because it seems they've thought of everything and more.

My impression is that this game is made by cricket lovers for cricket lovers...

Just some thoughts... :)

Game is looking brilliant as always Ross and the Big Ant team, big big kudos to you. Its refreshing to see a developer actually listening to the fans and implementing what they want in a game, this is very rare these days where its all about money not enjoyment. You have already made the best AFL game ever and im confident this will be the best cricket game ever. :thumbs

Also noticed that, butMike said Info would be given to the batsman, absolutely no markers on the pitch, and no HUD

----------

All I can say is, Its time to play "Cricket"

Yeah they have something planned for giving us a clue, i guess they needed this as with no pitch marker i can see casual fans throwing the game across the room with angry. Time will tell to be honest.:spy

But canada is a day behind its almost the end of the day here in NZ
And it's nearly the end of the first week of July, which means it's almost the second week, which means the month's nearly finished and the game should be out by now. :mad

Users who are viewing this thread