Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Was just thinking about the new bowling controls and it's implications. I think one can say with certainty that the uncertainty (pun intended) of bowling can be finally emulated in game.
All the cricket games that we've had so far always utilised the reticule system. If you put in 1-2hrs into bowling, you would be able to bowl ridiculously high percentage of balls exactly where you intended to. So when you've mastered the bowling system you are now bowling good length out-swingers on off-stump all day long. Naturally the AI batsmen couldn't cope with it amongst other things.
But that's not what it should be. In real life, NO bowler can bowl perfect deliveries for each length throughout the day. They try to hit a particular spot on the pitch but more often than not they land it somewhere around it.

But with this new bowling system I think that issue has been resolved. Add to it things like no reticule and dynamic weather and now it really should be difficult. With practice, I'm sure we can send down quite a few good deliveries. But certainly, I don't think that we can bowl 20-30 perfect out-swingers on the same spot, one after another. I believe that it'll also make AI that much more competitive since they won't have to deal with 'superhuman' bowlers!

One more thing I'd like to add is that in the previous games, we'd see the bowlers bowling from just one side of the wicket, i.e. over or round the wicket.. :(
Hope the AI in this game change the angle of the delivery which makes the gameplay even more interesting :yes

One more thing I'd like to add is that in the previous games, we'd see the bowlers bowling from just one side of the wicket, i.e. over or round the wicket.. :(
Hope the AI in this game change the angle of the delivery which makes the gameplay even more interesting :yes

Imperative for spin bowling :thumbs

Bought The Last of Us and Dragon's Dogma. I hope by the time I'm done with them, at least one cricket game would be out in the market. :spy

Bought The Last of Us and Dragon's Dogma. I hope by the time I'm done with them, at least one cricket game would be out in the market. :spy

thats the best way to get close to the time of the games release instead of spamming everyday over these forums asking about release dates, i am occupied with borderland 2.

I believe that it'll also make AI that much more competitive since they won't have to deal with 'superhuman' bowlers!

Well said Shan. Even I felt that this game will change the notion that you need to have a cheating ai to make the game difficult. This game shows that you can add various elements to the gameplay itself order to make it 'realistically' random which will itself take care of the difficulty level in the game as well as ensure that no two matches are the same.

Ross and team had set their sites on huge games like Fifa (which has been in development since ages and has only now perfected things), and I really think they have come pretty close to that level and that too in their first attempt.

Ross and team had set their sites on huge games like Fifa (which has been in development since ages and has only now perfected things), and I really think they have come pretty close to that level and that too in their first attempt.

His team has put so much effort into almost every little detail of the game. I'm pretty sure that Ross has taken care of the gameplay aspect as well. I can't remember if there was a game about which I was excited like this.. maybe Mass Effect 3?
Just imagine if BAC really goes on to succefully establish itself as a premier cricket gaming franchise a la FIFA or PES. One day we will look back, and still wonder at how it all started right here at PC. I think mods should archive all those "OMG! This feature can't be for real??" posts just for fun. :D

Well said Shan. Even I felt that this game will change the notion that you need to have a cheating ai to make the game difficult. This game shows that you can add various elements to the gameplay itself order to make it 'realistically' random which will itself take care of the difficulty level in the game as well as ensure that no two matches are the same.

We always aim high but I have to forewarn that we do not have the graphical quality of FIFA as we just don't have that budget. Every iteration of our engine gets closer to them but they also improve theirs too (dammit! :) ).

We always aim high but I have to forewarn that we do not have the graphical quality of FIFA as we just don't have that budget. Every iteration of our engine gets closer to them but they also improve theirs too (dammit! :) ).

Graphically you don't have to be up there with FIFA, Madden, MLB The Show or NBA2K. As long as graphics are decent enough and look the part as current gen graphics, which they clearly do based on what little we have seen, it should be fine. The main thing is the gameplay and if you nail it, it would be on par with the other mentioned titles as far as cricket gaming fans are concerned.

Ross you mention you get closer to them but then they improve aswell, so my question here is to which fifa series you would compare Cricket 14 to graphics wise..

RLL2 has better graphics as compared to fifa 08/09 probably even fifa 10. So Cricket 14 should be up to par with Fifa 10 yea? What do you say on this?

Ross you mention you get closer to them but then they improve aswell, so my question here is to which fifa series you would compare Cricket 14 to graphics wise..

RLL2 has better graphics as compared to fifa 08/09 probably even fifa 10. So Cricket 14 should be up to par with Fifa 10 yea? What do you say on this?

I would say Cricket 14 can be compared to no other game as It stands alone for the detailing and the Character the team has given to the game...I would say if any other company would like to create a cricket game then it would take Cricket 14 as a base for reference as we can see that it is actually happening with the ashes cricket 13 making so many changes after Big ant has revealed their features....:cheers:thumbs

I am pretty much sure that this game will be the benchmark for sports titles and other games will be compared to Cricket 14. Just a matter of time :yes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread