Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Take it lightly guys, he's comparing the graphics and not the gameplay, depth, soul (or anything on that line... :p) of Cricket 14 with the FIFA Series. Ross has himself told us that the graphics certainly won't be on the level of FIFA 14. It'd be nice to know which game of that series has its graphical quality (only) resembling the same of this maiden Cricket title from BigAnt.

Take it lightly guys, he's comparing the graphics and not the gameplay, depth, soul (or anything on that line... :p) of Cricket 14 with the FIFA Series. Ross has himself told us that the graphics certainly won't be on the level of FIFA 14. It'd be nice to know which game of that series has its graphical quality (only) resembling the same of this maiden Cricket title from BigAnt.

Yes. Wish others were smart like you too.

Ross, how do you set the compulsory powerplay in CA? Is it automatically assigned based on the match length? Is it possible to set the over in which it should be taken?

Ross, how do you set the compulsory powerplay in CA? Is it automatically assigned based on the match length? Is it possible to set the over in which it should be taken?

Thats all in cricket academy :D in match designer

Thats all in cricket academy :D in match designer

I couldn't find it :s
All I saw was fielders in the outfield, calling team and the length of the ppl. Couldn't find the option to make it compulsory

That's what the 'is powerplay' option does - if you uncheck that you set a specific over it starts - if you select that option you have to choose which team calls for it.

We always aim high but I have to forewarn that we do not have the graphical quality of FIFA as we just don't have that budget. Every iteration of our engine gets closer to them but they also improve theirs too (dammit! :) ).

Those level of graphics do not matter when actually playing the game Ross!! They only look good when you need to take screenshots and close replays!! When ingame, its the animations that really really 'really' matter!! You cant really see the graphical quality when the game is in motion! Based on the screens you have put up, it looks like a next gen game graphically, and that is 'more' than enough for a cricket game! However, I hope, the animations are top notch.....as they do matter a lot!

Illegal tactics

Hi All

Always great to hear different views on the game and idea's...Really think Big Ant are doing their best to develop a game for cricket lovers....AWESOME!

Having read most of the forums and the willingness of big ant to tackle every aspect of the game....I have 1 or 2 Questions:

will bowlers run on the danger area? and as a result be warned? will this lead to a wide variety of footmark locations??

Have you done any work on the caught and bowled mechanics? (I am aware spin bowling info is only coming out next week...) perhaps with medium pace bowlers e.g. D Bravo...?

All the best Big Ant

will bowlers run on the danger area? and as a result be warned? will this lead to a wide variety of footmark locations??

Excellent questions bro!!! Even if BigAnt have not implemented it in this game, its certainly something they can look for the future as this does add a good amount of depth in the gameplay!! Maybe if we do not time the movement of RAS correctly, the bowler will land up in the danger area and also leave footmarks there :D!

Users who are viewing this thread