Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

PS Now back to cricket, ross do you have DLC for simple things like ashes does, maybe a cut shot or a reverse sweep.:facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
PS Now back to cricket, ross do you have DLC for simple things like ashes does, maybe a cut shot or a reverse sweep.:facepalm

I suppose ross will release DLC's like galaxy edition where we will play on the moon with aliens :D :clap

I am actually really curious about fielding controls....I hope there is no 'full automation with new added animations' :D

I suppose ross will release DLC's like galaxy edition where we will play on the moon with aliens :D :clap

I am actually really curious about fielding controls....I hope there is no 'full automation with new added animations' :D

Fielding is completely based on user imput, from throwing down the stumps, to catching, to stopping the ball....everything.

Hey Ross

Any idea of when this week or next week when there will more discussion on the game regarding the bowling mechanics and future release on screenshots?

Thanks man

Hey Ross

Any idea of when this week or next week when there will more discussion on the game regarding the bowling mechanics and future release on screenshots?

Thanks man

IIRC Mike will be talking about spin bowling this Friday......I thought. Asking about screenshots is pretty senseless TBH.

Fielding is completely based on user imput, from throwing down the stumps, to catching, to stopping the ball....everything.

that is awesome, thanks for the reply..

I have just one more question..,
Career mode is 'be a pro' like right ?
so the game will simulate until my players participation in the game..
What if my player is wicket keeper and a batsman,
ie when my team is fielding will there be some sort of 'a pro' camera view behind the stumps that is from the view of my player ie wicket keeper

that is awesome, thanks for the reply..

I have just one more question..,
Career mode is 'be a pro' like right ?
so the game will simulate until my players participation in the game..
What if my player is wicket keeper and a batsman,
ie when my team is fielding will there be some sort of 'a pro' camera view behind the stumps that is from the view of my player ie wicket keeper

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/big-ant-cricket-14-forum/big-ant-career-mode-84355.html

Have a look here.

A few ideas that popped into my mind when thinking about the game today (yeah I dream about it everyday!!

Almost all of these are related to batting in this game:

I)

We always hear that once the batsman is set or is in a dream run, he sees the ball better than the others.....he gets into this 'zone'!!! With the batting mechanics (am assuming we would be batting only in the first person view, as that is how we would be looking at the ball at the time of delivery), BA can easily implement this in the game. This is how it can work,

- when the batsman is in good form or has full confidence, he would get into this zone where he would be able to watch the ball much better without any distractions. This is how it can be done, when the batsman takes his stance, the camera will get zoomed in a bit, the field of vision will be the bowler and the pitch (i.e. the left and right sides would be cropped off), the crowd/fielders sound will become muffled, the bowlers hand and ball will become much more clearer. This will ensure that the batsman can pick the delivery much quicker and accurately than when he is not in that zone.

- There would be three levels of zone implemented - 'Out of Form', 'Normal', 'In-Form'. The normal zone would be where you would have the normal view, would hear the crowd, the fielders talking, wider view behind the bowler's arm (thus more distractions), and the bowlers hand and the ball will be 'slightly' less visible. This would be the default zone when the batsman walks in except when he is in-form or out-of-form. This would also be the default zone for all online matches. During the match, the batsman can enter into either of the other two zones based on how he bats during the match.

- The out-of-form zone would be the one where the batsman would have lots of distractions, bowlers hand and ball will be slightly blurred, and the fielder's noise would be way more than the crowd.

II)

When in the first person mode, why not have total immersion into the game. A lot of it can be achieved with the sound. Why not make the breathing of the batsman audible!! It would be almost inaudible when we are playing with full stamina (i,e. breathing normally), but can become more audible and heavy as we start to take runs, or are nervous! This will also help the players in knowing how tired is the batsman and thus help in managing his stamina without any visual cues.

III)
In continuation of above, when the batsman is very nervous (i.e out of form, new to crease with bowler on fire, critical match situation, just got partner run out, approaching a land mark, approaching the victory target with few balls left etc) why not make his heart beat louder and audible. Maybe make his vision a bit blurry (can do this even when the batsmen is hit by the ball on the head), have the controller vibrate in short intervals!! That will go a long way in passing the tension to us, the gamers !!

IV)
Sounds like the phhrrriiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound when you face fast bowling in real life, fielders talking/sledging around you, crowd booing you or cheering you...etc....basically every possible sound that a real batsman hears when at the crease!!

Well these are some ideas that came to my mind, which can really enhance the experience of playing in the middle and which BA can easily (I say easily as they already have a solid foundation available to implement them) implement in the next version of their game, unless obviously they already thought of them before and have already implemented them, which wont surprise me a bit, seeing the trend of us giving our ideas and they coming back with "Oh...we but we already have that in this game" !:p

No, but it does sound like you're going to have to travel with a white hood and spare noose.

Must confess that it wasn't an original piece of comedy from me (which you can find on my twitter account :) ) but rather inspired by the joke at the beginning of this; one which I happen to never cease to find hilarious.
The Office: Pam Sees Michael Naked - YouTube

Have a general question towards anyone, there is 2 player game mode available right?

Up to 4 player not just 2.

Users who are viewing this thread